Fixing Fates story issues (spoilers)

Yari

I haven't seen enough of Nohr, but it sounds like it needs a massive overhaul.

Is there really a curse that does that? That is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Conquest has truly amazing maps, but the story simply isn't complete. They bring up plot points just to tease Birthright and the Invisible Kingdom, there's far more filler than the other routes, or hell, maybe even any other Fire Emblem game I've played and the writing is generally atrocious.

As for the spoiler.

Yupp, that's the whole reason Birthright and Conquest exist, more or less; Aqua can't tell anyone about it. Of course, she doesn't even seem to think twice about it in the other routes, seeing as she doesn't even try to show anyone Touma.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kamui is the King and Queen of Hoshido's child and full-blooded brother/sister to the Hoshido siblings. All the Nohr siblings are from the same mother as well. That alone would make it better for me.

Edited by Sir Frederick

I have a few things I'd like to see for Nohr's story. For starters:

Kamui is the King and Queen of Hoshido's child and full-blooded brother/sister to the Hoshido siblings. All the Nohr siblings are from the same mother as well.

I really can't allow Ryoma to be related to the Kamuis simply because I ship FemuixRyoma. But I can and will have them be the full blooded siblings of Hinoka, Takumi and Sakura. Hydra/Anakos will not be their father in any way shape or form. The Nohr siblings will all be blood related minus Aqua because AquaxMarx and plot. And pairings will not much to do with the story and they will be doned down the ones more obvious will the Kamuis related.

I really can't allow Ryoma to be related to the Kamuis simply because I ship FemuixRyoma. But I can and will have them be the full blooded siblings of Hinoka, Takumi and Sakura. Hydra/Anakos will not be their father in any way shape or form. The Nohr siblings will all be blood related minus Aqua because AquaxMarx and plot. And pairings will not much to do with the story and they will be doned down the ones more obvious will the Kamuis related.

So you are going for the two Kamuis then? Sounds like you have somethings planned for a female Kamui but the male counterpart sounds like he is just floating about.

So Ryoma will not be related to the other siblings for shipping reasons? Then have you come up with an explanation for this?

Ehh, it IS your fanfic, but I think a lot of people would find it silly to have 3/4 of the Hoshido siblings 100% related to Kamui but have Ryouma 0% related. It'd just feel odd, but that's probably because it'd feel like they're left out, and odd numbers really are odd. Also, there's a few people I've seen who aren't keen on marrying any of the royals, y'know? But hey, the main part of the fic is the story, so this is just my 2 cents. I'm sure the fic will be great regardless though, since one ship isn't that big of a deal.

You don't have to add any of that to your fanfic if you don't want to. That's really just some of my headcannon for the Nohr route. I'm having to come up with my own story, too, so that I'll enjoy the game more since I really don't like Nohr's story at all.

This is just a silly little recommendation concerning the families:

The Hoshidan siblings were born of Sumeragi and his first wife but Kamui was born of Mikoto and Sumeragi but is was an affair.(Which is why Mikoto became the second queen and why Takumi and Sakura are younger.)

Mikoto is from Touma and was to be the sacrificial bride to Hydra but with the help of Shenmei(Not her sister BTW), escaped to Hoshido but was cursed to give birth to a half-dragon child.

The Nohrian siblings are still the same.Marx being born from the actual queen and the others from different concubines.Aqua was already born between Shenmei and the King of Touma before his murder(By Hydra).Shenmei escaped to Nohr.Garon, who back then was a nice man, married Shenmei.Shenmei taught Aqua her song, as it is the one thing that can help defeat Hydra.Garon was killed by Hydra and brought back as his undead puppet but occasionally, breaks free a bit from his control whenever Aqua sings her song.(Explaining his fit when Aqua sings at the concert)

About the kidnapping.It was a setup by Mikoto and Garon.(Keeping in mind Garon was still good by this point)Mikoto wanted Kamui to be safe and well trained in battle so she would give Kamui to Garon secretly.However this plan went to hell when Sumeragi heard Garon's 'daughter' had special powers(Being Aqua)and tried to kidnap her.Garon killed Sumeragi to protect Aqua but failed to save Aqua but took Kamui, who was with Sumeragi.(You can explain why since I don't know why)Garon was killed by Hydra after Hydra learned Garon had Kamui.Shenmei was killed by Garon for her treachery.The murder of Mikoto was setup by Garon to unleash Kamui's true power(The dragon form)cause Hydra deemed it so.Fin

I was just waiting for someone to bring up FE4. So I want my fanfic to have a similar feel to it a war that lasts two generations. I want the 2gen to show up in a way that fits the story without feeling forced and that is the most dificult part of all of this. This is war so how the hell can I fit a bunch of kids in it?

I am just gonna say this: It takes your own willingness to allow some characters to die and then be replaced by their children, if you are going with two generations. Not ALL first generation characters need to die, they can very well fight when they are in their 30s (and most veteran soldiers) do, but just killing some characters can be alot of willpower and planning to do.

I think that was the whole of classic FE. We have loads and loads of characters and we cannot develop (without grinding) all of them and there are are reserve characters (which are usually recruited later). But the pain of losing those characters is agonizing, as it should be. These are not merely nameless mooks, these are characters that you have grown to love and attach. Channel that into the main channel and explore how they cope with it. Of course, the advent of resetting and casual mode robbed us of that.

So you are going for the two Kamuis then? Sounds like you have somethings planned for a female Kamui but the male counterpart sounds like he is just floating about.

So Ryoma will not be related to the other siblings for shipping reasons? Then have you come up with an explanation for this?

I have a plan for Mamui but it's for a later time because I'm going from easy (Hoshido) to hard (Nohr) but I have a plan for both so don't worry.

Ryoma is in my fic the nephew of Sumeragi's first wife who was adopted by her when he was a young child. In real japanese law a person can adopt their nephew/niece and raise them as the child and it's a very ancient law and they can also make them their heirs. So Sumeragi by marrying Ryoma aunt/"mother" could easily make him the heir to Hoshido's throne. Ryoma grew upup looking up to the man who gave him so much and tries to be like him in every way. I think this is a good enough excuse.

I have a plan for Mamui but it's for a later time because I'm going from easy (Hoshido) to hard (Nohr) but I have a plan for both so don't worry.

Ryoma is in my fic the nephew of Sumeragi's first wife who was adopted by her when he was a young child. In real japanese law a person can adopt their nephew/niece and raise them as the child and it's a very ancient law and they can also make them their heirs. So Sumeragi by marrying Ryoma aunt/"mother" could easily make him the heir to Hoshido's throne. Ryoma grew upup looking up to the man who gave him so much and tries to be like him in every way. I think this is a good enough excuse.

Ah so correct if I am wrong are you going with back to back events with these two characters then? Or from this way this response sounds it will be two separate narratives altogether?

Also that is a rather solid explanation for Ryoma plus I learned something today about Japanese law! :3

Now I feel like writing fan fiction for some odd reason.

Also Yari, may I ask where you are writing your fan fiction?

Ah so correct if I am wrong are you going with back to back events with these two characters then? Or from this way this response sounds it will be two separate narratives altogether?

Also that is a rather solid explanation for Ryoma plus I learned something today about Japanese law! :3

The Hoshido and Nohr story will be happening at the same time and will be very diferent in terms of how/when events happen or things are discovered if at all. But they will cross paths often and show interactions between opposite side characters in battle and scripted characters death will not happen for the good of both stories.

Also this fanfic will be plublished in fanfiction.net once it's finished.

Edited by Yari

The Hoshido and Nohr story will be happening at the same time and will be very diferent in terms of how/when events happen or things are discovered if at all. But they will cross paths often and show interactions between opposite side characters in battle and scripted characters death will not happen for the good of both stories.

I like this already.

Fire Emblem ! It will educate you better than school !

Yupp, that's the whole reason Birthright and Conquest exist, more or less; Aqua can't tell anyone about it. Of course, she doesn't even seem to think twice about it in the other routes, seeing as she doesn't even try to show anyone Touma.

Speaking of that...

Why did Aqua decided it was a good idea to show Touma to Kamui anyways ? Didn't you said it was because Aqua though it was a sign about her mother ? I just can't remember. :/

Also this fanfic will be plublished in fanfiction.net once it's finished.

Sounds good to me! Lets us know when you get the first chapter up!

Also bonus points if you figure out a way to work the kids in. I'm curious to see what angle you go with should you take whack at it. ;)

Edited by Iron Griffin

In my headcanon, Hoshido will forever be an isolationist country. Perhaps they were more extreme in their isolationism in the past to the point of murdering people who tried to enter or leave the country, and it was only recently while Sumeragi was king that they were considering being less isolationist. Also, the Hoshidans would probably have a far more unfavorable opinion of Nohrians than the Nohrians do of the Hoshidans -- so they'd be "more racist" for the lack of a better term.

As for Nohr, that frickin' slime monster has to go. So much wasted potential. Why couldn't Garon have just been a misguided fool of a king who wanted to do what was best for his country, even if it meant destroying another country, and lost his way over time? Hell, why couldn't Iago have been manipulating Garon using his position of advisor to further his own agenda, where he corrupted Garon into a well-intentioned extremist to the tyrant he is now? I would've liked the Nohr siblings actually struggle with themselves about whether they agreed with Garon's actions or not, instead of the cheap ass "oh he's a slime monster" deal we got.

The Invisible Kingdom probably doesn't require AS much tuning with the fixes for Hoshido and Nohr set in place. I'm thinking about writing my own version of the third path at some point, but I should probably replay it first before I start spouting off things with my faulty memory.

Sounds good to me! Lets us know when you get the first chapter up!

Also bonus points if you figure out a way to work the kids in. I'm curious to see what angle you go with should you take whack at it. ;)

I'll make sure to warn you guys once it's out.

Righ now I know I want the children to get worked into the fic especially Shinonome and the Kannas. I have an idea but it's a bit flawed: I think that maybe the time travel thing/alternate universe thing will get a comeback or have the war last enough years for them to be born and maybe have them directely related to getting to Touma and ending the war once and for all.

Relating the third path with the rest will be hard but not impossible. And I want a way to have the three paths together even if it is ambitious but hey you go big or you go home.

Edited by Yari

I feel Hoshido shouldn't have a magical barrier put by Mikoto that makes it so all Nohrians are incapable of feeling aggression towards Hoshido. And making Hoshido not be paradise on earth while Nohr is Mordor.

I should find a link for it sometime. I've seen the official artwork for both nations on 4chan.

A personal issue I have with the story is how glossed over Kamui's dragon form is afterward. Especially if you join Nohr. Do the Nohr siblings just see Kamui transform during battle, go "You can turn into a dragon? That's great, Bruh.", and accept it? Personally, I think someone would call a "Nohr family meeting" and Kamui has to explain how/why this can happen. Maybe even bring Aqua along to help Kamui with the issue. Also, I can see some potential story-wise for making use of that dragon form besides "Oops, I got consumed by grief guys. Gotta' express it somehow."

Edited by Tazou

A personal issue I have with the story is how

[spoiler=Chapter 5] Glossed over Kamui's dragon form is afterward. Especially if you join Nohr. Do the Nohr siblings just see Kamui transform during battle, go "You can turn into a dragon? That's great, Bruh.", and accept it? Personally, I think someone would call a "Nohr family meeting" and Kamui has to explain how/why this can happen. Maybe even bring Aqua along to help Kamui with the issue. Also, I can see some potential story-wise for making use of that dragon form besides "Oops, I got consumed by grief guys. Gotta' express it somehow."

I don't think that's much of a spoiler, and I agree with you.

Does the game ever tell you where Azura got the Dragonstone from?

I think it does when Aqua gives it to him but I can't read Japanese so I don't know if it did.

Um, as far as I could tell (from watching the scene and people's comments and all), wasn't it that Aqua condensed the energy into the Dragonstone? Also, where do they keep it? I don't see any pockets in that armor, but maybe that's just me thinking about it too much. Just like how freaking agile all the horses are.

Edited by Tazou

Aqua was able to bind Kamui's draconic instincts and form with her singing powers into her amulet, which she then gives to Kamui as a dragonstone to transform into a dragon when needed.

As where they keep it... obviously in their hammerbag, where they keep the rest of their weapons.