What Program will allow me to edit battle sprites?

consuela24

Hello good day what program will allow me to make minor changes to the battle sprites in FE. For example I would like to change how long lyns hair is and put a bow in it, thank you for your time. Also please list/link any related tools that might help in the future

I need a program that can edit things in pixels and ms paint cannot do that

Er... I do all my pixel art in paint, the only thing that'd you'd want to do in paint that it can't do is transparency.

What exactly do you mean by "edit things in pixels"? I just zoom in.

Is there no other program advanced that would help to streamline the overall finesse of my animation?

I don't have any experience with dedicated animation programs, no, if I wanted to edit a battle animation, I find a dump and edit all the frames in paint then script it and etc with FEditor. (this only applies if you're inserting it into a game)

My apologies, I kinda assumed you were going to be inserting the animation back into GBA FE after editing or something.

Edited by L95

Use the pencil tool.

I personally use photoshop, but that's less accessible than paint and probably even harder to get started on since there's a bajillion options. I do have all the settings for pixel art for PS memorized, though

Paint.NET's not a bad idea, it's got a lot more than paint and has the bonus of being free. It's no photoshop, but you don't really need anything too fancy for pixels.

if you're looking for free shit, i heard gimp is good for animating, and photoscape is a helpful animation viewer

paid stuff you need like uh adobe fireworks or something.

i use paint, usenti and paint.net sometimes.

Edited by Ghatsu!

Game maker 's free version worked for me back in the day (this is embarrassing but hopefully useful). Twas great for positioning and making in-betweens, exporting to gifs and using another tool to export the gifs into BMPs for FEeditor

Also look into Graphics Gale, while its not super intuitive at first, its very versatile once you get going. Even though the tutor is audibly a little sick, here's the tutorial I found the most useful when I I was looking some time ago. Or make I just have thing for sick girls???

One more thing make, make you post more detailed. Like d you even know where to get sprites?