Skills Automagicly Changing

I really hate to be that one post wonder, but I reeaally need help. The game scr...erm, I don't know this forums rating... The game "has done me wrong" and I'm not asking for a refund, I love the game, this is my second playthrough, but let me explain what has happened...

As I said I am but very new to the series but I love it. Awakening is my first game of the series and I saw and plan on buying the next one, and as this is my first of the series, I just wanted to take it easy as I was not familiar with how it plays. I set my first playthough on casual normal (Normal is the lowest difficulty...) to save myself the heart break and beat it. Then after a good break I start my second run on casual hard. Now we are a little caught up.

I spent the last couple of sessions trying to grind Cordelia and her husband to have the ideal skill sets as I was trying to go for pre-built children this run and I was so happy when I started missionary fortress to find a black haired Lethality and Galeforce Severa on the battlefield :): . I don't remember what it was I did after that but after getting into the fight I reloaded into the preparations menu and started again. I get about turn 7 into the fight and I quick save. I'm doing pretty decent. Gaius got bursted down but I'm sure its fine... Severa reaches Holland and by that time im surrounding the enemy boss. I collect Severa and murder Nelson while she is on the other side of the map. I challenge some risen on peaceful village and when Severa killed one of the risen I noticed she didn't get her turn back...I look at her skills and all of a sudden she has vantage and speed +2 as her inherited skills. The game cheated me and I'm pretty upset now. I would do that entire level again just to get the Lethality and Galeforce Severa. I try to find a save that is just before the MF prologue. Here is what my save bank looks like...

Save 1 : Useless chapter 1 save of attempted alt

Save 2 : Chapter 30 of 1st playthrough

Save 3 : Challenge Peaceful Village... uh oh

Quick Save 1 : Killing blow on Grima from 1st playthrough

Quick Save 2 : Paralogue 10 Ambivalence (AKA Mercenary Fortress) Turn 7

I load the 2nd quick save and look at Severa to have all happiness just ripped out of my soul (I have a soul?!) Vantage and Speed +2 Severa.

I know I had the GF Leth Severa. I saw it! I know because I had to readjust my push to account for a severa last hit power push into enemies. Is there like anything I can do? If i can just exit to the world map I can maybe fix this...does anybody have some insight? ;-;

I think you forgot to save before putting Galeforce and Lethality in the last spots on Cordelia, and I'm guessing Lon'qu's skill lists respectively. Only the last skill for each parent gets passed down. I'm guessing when you reloaded the save you didn't realize the skills hadn't been adjusted yet and you started the level anyway.

But it's not the end of the world, neither of those skills are male exclusive so she can just get them herself by reclassing and leveling up in Assassin and Dark Flier. She inherited her parents' class trees too, so she can reclass into any classes they had access to, so she has access to myrmidon, thief, wyvern rider, mercenary, pegasus knight, dark mage, and all of their promotions.

That's assuming you gave up and finished the level without resetting the skills. If you didn't and are waiting for a response, just put the proper skills at the bottom BEFORE ENTERING THE MAP, save so you don't forget to do it again, and enter the map.

Edited by Alastor15243

Well thats what I'm trying to do. Exit the level. I could just suicide run with chrom or MU but if you lose doesn't it just make you load a save? None of my saves will take me to before I started the mission.

EDIT: Hey look, two post wonder.

Edited by Riley Starite

Well thats what I'm trying to do. Exit the level. I could just suicide run with chrom or MU but if you lose doesn't it just make you load a save? None of my saves will take me to before I started the mission.

EDIT: Hey look, two post wonder.

You're allowed to exit the level from the preparation screen.

Im in the middle of the battle. Im trying to get to the world map or the preperations menu. I have no available saves.

...You'll have to turn off the power then and reload the preparations menu or map save. You can't retreat from a map while starting it.

There's no way for you to get your Lethality + Galeforce Severa back once you've saved beyond that point.

But like Alastor said, you can relearn those Skills by reclassing Severa into Assassin and Dark Flier, respectively.

When you say you have "no available saves", you don't mean that you overwrote the main save of your game and are relying on the casual mode battle save, do you? I'm guessing not, because I can't think of any conceivable reason why you'd do that. If for some reason you did, you're out of luck and you'll have to get Severa the skills normally. Otherwise, just reset the game with LR Start or turn off the power and reload the main save.

...Oh, in case this is the problem, to switch between battle saves and normal saves, you press L or R on the loading menu.