Help: How do you determine which pairings produce optimal children?

Mox

Hey Guys.

I'm pretty new to the concept of 'breeding' children for optimal stats and skills and wanted to give it a go during my FEF: Invisible Kingdom run through. I have already calculated the max stats and growth rates for each child as the result of each pairing available to the father or mother in Azura's case.

This is where things begin to get a little confusing for me.

How do you determine which mother is the best for what child? Is it more preferable to balance the child units stats or polarise them towards having higher stats in some areas (i.e. a +6 in DEF or a +7 in STR, etc)? Then, going on from the stats, how do you determine which of their available class sets would complement them the best?

I understand how skill inheritance, class inheritance and seals work and have not gotten around to considering the best options in depth for the child units yet.

If anybody would like to use Shinonome as an example to explain how to determine who the best mother is l have provided all of the stats from each pairing below. (The stats next to Shinonome's name are Ryoma's stats). Ignore the colours, they are for my own reference.

dAvX81U.png

Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Only modifiers and growth rates matter in this game actually, as breeding for skills is essentially irrelevant.

Edited by Gaia

Only modifiers and growth rates matter in this game actually, as breeding for skills is essentially irrelevant.

Thank you :) I'm glad to know that the mods and growth rates are more important than the skills.

Note: Said argument only applies if you're liberally engaging in MyCastle battle skill purchasing from other people's MyCastles, or alternatively having you yourself do multiple log booked playthroughs and then buying skills from the logbook.

If you're doing neither of these things, skills remain important.

If you are doing these things, then yes, skills wouldn't be all that important except in making it somewhat easier by making you not need to search as much for those skills or not need to do as much log booking.

Depends how you look at it. But if you're doing this for a competitive PvP playthrough (Which mentality is WAY different)..

Whichever pairing grants X character the most points overall or towards a certain build (Skill builds which involve proccing Sol/Astra/Luna as much as possible, etc.)

• 3 weeks later...

really depends on how you want to use the character and a bit on what their natural inclinations are (static parent's modifiers). so Shinonome for example obviously wouldn't go defensive or tanky. you might want to use him as a main attacker thus look at Str/Spd the most. between these two, it's up to personal preference and options. for example, Shigure already has +4 Speed from Azura so either start focusing on Str or go all in with Spd.

after that, next consideration is how badly do you want to min/max? are you willing to go +7 Speed but -5 Def? or will you settle for +5 or +6 and -2 Def?

in general, optimized units rather than balanced units are best

besides skills, since already discussed above, what class do you want that character to be in the end? if it's not his base class, you may have to consider which parent(s) will give the child the class you want

really depends on how you want to use the character and a bit on what their natural inclinations are (static parent's modifiers). so Shinonome for example obviously wouldn't go defensive or tanky. you might want to use him as a main attacker thus look at Str/Spd the most. between these two, it's up to personal preference and options. for example, Shigure already has +4 Speed from Azura so either start focusing on Str or go all in with Spd.

after that, next consideration is how badly do you want to min/max? are you willing to go +7 Speed but -5 Def? or will you settle for +5 or +6 and -2 Def?

in general, optimized units rather than balanced units are best

besides skills, since already discussed above, what class do you want that character to be in the end? if it's not his base class, you may have to consider which parent(s) will give the child the class you want

Thank you for explaining. This really cleared a lot up for me and I feel like this has given me good direction in how to plan out the child units. :)