Am I the only one who doesnt hate skinship?

Silverdawn77

I mean, yes, it is silly, and im not sure if it does anything game-play wise, but i actually really like how it add to your relationships. Like for instance when you S-rank your love interest, you get some really romantic lines from them. im not even bothered by the ''lewd'' quotes either. i mean the characters are adults, and since children are a thing they DO have sex at some point at least. so having a married couple with some dirty talk is just realistic. (Ryoma can sexy talk me all day XD)

Does anyone eles feel this way? i just don't see what all the fuss is about. i read over and over ''oh my god its leeewd.'' or ''i don't like fan service so no one eles should get any fan service in a game i like''

this argument has been done to death and the game isnt even out in america yet.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's quite alright if you're fine with it :). These are just opinions and if you like it, then who are we to say that you shouldn't?

Enjoy and make the most of it I say!

Personally, I probably won't/ or minorly make use of it. The reason I don't like it, is that I'd probably feel very uncomfortable if I'd do it with someone else, regardless who gets rubbed.

It feels... awkward, that you enter someone's private space like that, if you know what I mean. Then again, this is my opinion and feel free to disagree with it :).

Quite curious though how it will get localised.

i didn't mean to come off as noone should dislike it. i completely get your point of view. i guess i mean that from what i heard from reddit and some posts here, when i got the game in the mail i was expecting people to get their tits out and for it to look like a hentai or something. i'm just annoyed by A) people complaining about a completley optional feature. B) blowing the fan service WAAAAY out of proportion. i could understand if it was forced, but you don't ever need to go to your room in the game.

anywho i too am curious about how it will get localized. i hope they don't disney-fy it. as i said before i quite like it. i don't think theres anything wrong with a little fan service

Edited by Silverdawn77

i mean the characters are adults

One of the many reasons why it hasn't been well received is because this is not true. There are some characters that don't even seem to be teenagers, yet are romanceable and can have children.

Personally, I find the whole thing rather odd and just ill-fitting in a game like this more than anything. It's not the end of the world, it's optional and belongs to "My Castle" which is a giant plot device, but I really wish they could've added all that time and effort to something else that didn't feel so painfully forced and dedicated to what I believe is a minority of fans.

I find it awkward in concept, although I don't have the game yet… I mean, it makes sense if you're in a relationship with the character, as then its flirting/foreplay/etc.

And it COULD have made more sense with other characters if they gave a justification (even if it was a blatant excuse) of, "Oh, its a traditional blessing ritual, seeing that you carry the blood of the dragons that these nations revere, and its an honor to be touched by one with such "holy" blood". Said excuse would still be quite ridiculous, but it would then at least make a bit more sense with regards to why everyone is willing to let you touch them on the face and hair like that.

As it is, it feels totally ridiculously that you can pet the faces of members of your army whom you aren't in an existing romantic relationship with and without having such justifying in-story excuse such as "blessings" to explain why the other characters are okay with you touching their faces in such a manner.

I'm not sure how effective even the mechanics of it would be for what they're trying to represent…. its supposedly "rubbing", but you're using a stylus, so the motions you're making with your hand would be more like a "scratching"… its not like you're caressing your romantic partner with the palm of your hand…. its more like you're running a stylus over her instead….. it doesn't seem like it would convey the idea of what you're supposed to be doing in that scene very well…

That said, I'll probably still try it out, particularly with Corrin's romantic partner (in my files, this would be Corrin's wife), just to see some of the dialogue for myself in the in-game context. But I'm not really all that enthusiastic about it.

I don't really hate it, or at least, not as much as before. And as much as I'm embarrassed to use it, I can easily laugh, and it is somewhat useful.
But geez. Human. Petting. In Fire Emblem, it's ridiculous... And like Thane said, there's things more important than that to be added.

Eh, if you love it, it's perectly fine, I'm not gonna judge you or anything. No one will.

Edited by B.Leu

I should point out that I rather like the waifu aspect of Fire Emblem. I enjoy setting people up and reading the various support conversations for better or for worse. And the 3D models look so good that obviously a lot of time, money and effort went into making them, so I'm sure they could've done SOMETHING related to romance that's a bit more...easily digestible.

And really, they should've at least made Elise and Midoriko unable to be petted.

I mean, yes, it is silly, and im not sure if it does anything game-play wise, but i actually really like how it add to your relationships. Like for instance when you S-rank your love interest, you get some really romantic lines from them. im not even bothered by the ''lewd'' quotes either. i mean the characters are adults, and since children are a thing they DO have sex at some point at least. so having a married couple with some dirty talk is just realistic. (Ryoma can sexy talk me all day XD)

Does anyone eles feel this way? i just don't see what all the fuss is about. i read over and over ''oh my god its leeewd.'' or ''i don't like fan service so no one eles should get any fan service in a game i like''

this argument has been done to death and the game isnt even out in america yet.

If the feature was limited to people that you have an actual intimate relationship with, then thinks would be a bit different. Unfortunately, it extends to everyone, including siblings and servants, all kinds of people who have little reason to offer their body for Kamui's pleasure, at least not under circumstances that reflect well on the character that you just so happen to be forced to play as.

And it doesn't help that the characters all roll with it. They shouldn't be okay with Kamui suddenly groping them. Just try to imagine your boss would do that to you. That's all kinds of messed up. It's dehumanizing the characters, not because you get to see some boobies or whatever, but because the characters are forced to act in a way that human beings would never do, let alone all of them. And that's a bit of a problem if you want to see these characters as... well, characters, actual people with their own feelings and motivations that you can actually care about, not a bunch of toys for you to play with. At least I would expect that you are supposed to feel something when a character dies. And one doesn't cry just because a toy breaks.

Edited by BrightBow

Eh, just imagine petting Garon... :p

The 3D models are great but I also thing they look weird. I dunno why exactly, maybe the pose.... :/

Edited by B.Leu

My two cents on the entire issue is this

People make a big deal over features they're not even going to use. Skin ship is fine, Fire Emblem having romantic relationship building is fine, and that should really be the end of it. I can understand that the support system being probably a little mandatory for harder difficulties, but there is no reason to complain about skin ship seeing as how it is entirely optional for the game, in terms of features.

In terms of "Fire Emblem is going full eroge" or whatever, that is not even remotely true. The lines said by certain characters, especially when S Ranked with the Avatar character may be suggestive, but nothing says the translation has to be even remotely as suggestive, there's no reason to take the entire feature out when it could be simply turned down, quotes wise.

And for the final thing on the whole argument that Fire Emblem is turning into some sort of perverted game, people complain that you can put the characters in their underwear. From what I see, where this comes from is the ability to dress up the units and put them in various attire for different effects. While changing the units, you can potentially see the character in their underwear. I also think that clothing damage is a normal part of the game, and its meant to be a visual effect showing that the character's armor is breaking over time or something to that effect.

From what I can even see, characters being in their underwear seems to be more of a comedic thing than a dirty one. And it's not as if it's just one sex that this can happen to either, men and women can have their armor shed or whatever

I'm sort of rambling, but I never found these "issues" in Fates to be serious issues.

I, too, actually like the skinship feature. Although I do think it is a bit strange to touch the characters faces for no real reason, so I can see why some people wouldn't like it.

As for the S rank skinship lines, I think they're actually quite amusing. You have to remember, that technically these are two married people aaaalllllll alone in a room together. So, no, the feature doesn't bother me very much. Plus, it's completely optional, and most of the models are sooo pretty looking...

I'll admit I find the whole thing rather odd and I had to do a double take when I read that such a thing was in the game. Its not horrible but it does feel a bit out of place.

That being said I like the animation and the well crafted character models although some of them like Setsuna for example move in strange ways. Also some of the dialogue can be rather sweet and endearing and at times gives me an little extra insight into the character(s).

All in all I'm in the middle.

Eh, just imagine petting Garon... :p

The 3D models are great but I also thing they look weird. I dunno why exactly, maybe the pose.... :/

Skinship doesn't use 3D models, it's all 2D assets from my understanding, and is probably why some animations look really uncanny to me.

I'm not particularly bothered by it, I guess, but it really doesn't add anything interesting, the 'charm' wears off after five seconds.

I have mixed feelings about it. One one hand it's dehumanizing for the reasons Brightbow outlines but on the other hand, it's a chance to see characters up close in beautifully detailed models. I think what I'd really like for future games is to have some kind of interaction with characters using the close up models, be it for support conversations or something else, but have it be more wholesome. I can't take 1/2 of the game seriously because of absurdity of so much fanservice so I'd like them to improve player interaction with characters without taking away their dignity.

It's nice to see the characters models up close, yes, and it can be considered part of a relationship.

But, I'm just ... uncomfortable with it. The whole concept of touching anybody's face for really no reason is very strange to begin with. And there are other things, which have already been brought up.

It's just somewhere in between absurd/silly and discomforting, and I don't really like that.

I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, it's rather creepy, but on the other hand, it's hilarious and silly and I love doing hilarious and silly things in a game.

Well...

- Some characters (that Kamui didn't marry) actually pointed out the weirdness of this whole skinship thing.

- The technology it's based on is called Live2D. It doesn't support 3DS-style stereoscopy.

- It's not all that bad. Try it with Odin, for example.

- Actually, I like it. My favourite is Kanna.

I think it's weird. Really weird. And that's coming from someone who's favorite game is an otome game. I don't like that some of the characters are really young and but also it seems really disjointed? Like it doesn't belong in a FE game. I don't mind the lines, I just think it could have been a different mini game or something.

Honestly, while the lines are so cliché and awkward, I think the moans are the funniest part.

"Ooooh yeah, that armor and ear rub feels soooo good!"

Edited by Thane

It's embarrassing, but... It's just too cute for me to resist. Besides, it's hilarious! Still not something I would do in public though. I do get bored of it after a while, and at endgame have a tendency to not bother going into My Room at all.

Also, while face stroking is kinda iffy, I really don't think head patting is strange at all. I have some friends and family whose heads I pat, and my head is patted in turn. Nothing weird at all.

Besides, it's not as if the characters all think suddenly being Amied is normal. Many of them start off just going "eh?" and "umm...", and that awkwardness just adds to the cuteness IMO. The S rank lines can get a bit suggestive, but it isn't even that bad. The game as a CERO C rating for 15 and above, and I think many teens aren't new to flirting. On a different note, I find it funny how many characters talk about their hair/hair color. Justified for child characters because they get hair color from their mom/Kamui, but even the first gens do.

But I do agree that it seems really out of place in a game like this. Especially after plot related incidents of immense sadness/rage, the chapter ends and you can go to My Room and pat people with all the sparkly bubbles about? Also, while for me it's fine up to A rank, patting the younger characters at S rank can be a bit... You know. Those are the only problem I have with Amieing.

It's interesting... I don't care for it as an actual mechanic, but at the same time I'm definitely going to mess around with it simply because, it's there.

Also I really can't hate on anything that can manage a good laugh out of me so there's that bias.