Favorite Fate Character Poll [Possible Spoilers]

Iron Griffin

Favorite Fate Characters  

276 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Female Character for Both Routes?

• Aqua/Azura
    • Felicia
    • Mozume
    • Anna
  2. 2. Favorite Male Character for Both Routes?

• Silas/Cyrus
    • Jakob
    • Kaze
    • Asura
    • Izana
  3. 3. Favorite Hoshido and/or Nohr Male Character(s)?

• Ryoma
    • Takumi
    • Saizou
    • Asama
    • Hinata
    • Subaki
    • Tsukuyomi
    • Nishiki
    • Yukimura
    • Marx/Xander
    • Leo
    • Lazward
    • Odin
    • Zero
    • Arthur/Harold
    • Benoit
    • Flannel
    • Gunter
  4. 4. Favorite Hoshido and/or Nohr Female Character(s)?

• Hinoka
    • Sakura
    • Kagerou
    • Setsuna
    • Oboro
    • Hana/Kazahana
    • Orochi
    • Rinkah
    • Crimson
    • Yuugiri
    • Camilla
    • Elise
    • Pieri
    • Luna
    • Belka
    • Effie
    • Nyx
    • Charlotte
    • Flora
  5. 5. Favorite Child Characters?

• Kanna M/F
    • Shigure
    • Deere
    • Sophie
    • Midoriko
    • Shinonome
    • Kisaragi
    • Gurei
    • Kinu
    • Mitama
    • Matoi
    • Syalla
    • Siegbert
    • Foleo
    • Ignis
    • Velour
    • Lutz
    • Ophelia
    • Soleil
    • Eponine
    • Hisame

So with all the new exposure, news, and even spoilers I thought it would be interesting to see what the impressions were of Fates' cast.

Who are your favorite characters now that you have learned a bit(and for some a lot) more about them?

The first two polls are only allowed for a single vote while the others allow for multiple votes since there so many characters.

Please keep it friendly and have fun!
: :):

Edited by Iron Griffin

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been quite a while since we had a thread like this, and there's been a lot of new info. It'll be interesting to see how different the opinions are on certain characters compared to how it was pre-release.

Hm, isn't it a bit too early to vote for Anna? Oh well, I'll just go for Mozume, the Queen of Supports.

It bothers me that I can't vote for both Leo and Takumi, and that I genuinely can't say which female character I like the most because they don't feel as colorful or even important as the males.

And the children are rather uninteresting, but I've got such a soft spot for Velour, so she gets my vote. Otherwise I'd probably have gone for Foleo, but his voice bothers me almost as much as Pieri's, even though it isn't high pitched, and I've got no idea why.

Edited by Thane

My votes:

Azura

Kaze

Saizou

Zero

Hana

Flora

Gurei

Eponine

Edited by Azz01

Hm, isn't it a bit too early to vote for Anna? Oh well, I'll just go for Mozume, the Queen of Supports.

It bothers me that I can't vote for both Leo and Takumi, and that I genuinely can't say which female character I like the most because they don't feel as colorful or even important as the males.

And the children are rather uninteresting, but I've got such a soft spot for Velour, so she gets my vote. Otherwise I'd probably have gone for Foleo, but his voice bothers me almost as much as Pieri's, even though it isn't high pitched, and I've got no idea why.

? I'm pretty sure you're allowed to vote for both Leo and Takumi. I voted for Leo, Takumi, and Lazward, and the poll let me.

? I'm pretty sure you're allowed to vote for both Leo and Takumi. I voted for Leo, Takumi, and Lazward, and the poll let me.

...Oh. Well, that's odd...aren't you just supposed to vote for one? What's the purpose of a poll if you can vote for everyone?

...Oh. Well, that's odd...aren't you just supposed to vote for one? What's the purpose of a poll if you can vote for everyone?

Well, it doesn't force you to choose a favorite if you have many, I suppose? I'm fine with it as long as people aren't going crazy voting 10 people.

I mean, Inigo was my favorite from Awakening so Lazward will always have a special place in my favorites, but Takumi and Leo appeal to me a lot as new characters.

Edited by Minischew

That was intentional I tried to create a bunch of categories but the limit is 5. So I had to fuse both factions genders together. :P

Note I cant figure out how set a limit to how many though....

Edited by Iron Griffin

We've known Anna for 25 years (well, 10 for me since I didn't seriously play FE until The Sacred Stones). Not too early!

I've voted for a few. I can't tell if I'm supposed to pick one Hoshidan and one Nohrian for those mixed categories (I picked more). Now let's see:

Felicia: That loyalty is so touching. I honestly think she's a better candidate for marrying Kamui than Aqua.

Suzukaze: I find him charming. Maybe because the game itself says so.

Lazward: For fathering Soleil.

Zero: For being a high-spped, high-resistance archer/thief mix.

Hinoka: I dunno, I just like her design.

Camilla: She likes strong, cute fighters. Which is a big reason why I got into Fire Emblem in the first place.

Luna: For being a proud member of team Camilla.

Berka: My favourite character. Must be that helmet head and that cold personality. (And Kamui is "heartless" even by her standard.)

Kanna: My heart is melting.

Sophie: For being hilarious. Clumsily removing enemies' clothes (and, for some reason, deals a mere -3 Def even for armour units) and having a rebellious horse give her some points too.

Soleil: For being so cheerful and for actually being a (kind of) successful womanizer. Saul keeps getting rejected, Gatrie gets duped, Heather just ends up confusing people, but Soleil looks much more promising. This applies to Lazward too.

Mozume, Kaze, Leon, Flora. Deere.

Mozume because it sounds like she's a good archer, and I dislike the other choices.

Kaze because dodgetank ninja who is my favorite color (green).

Leon because why do I even need to explain?

Flora because she's fairly serious and dedicated to her job, in addition to having an unrequited crush (hmm... I smell some Catria in there).

Deere because he's the most like me; smart, but doesn't really apply himself unless under major pressure.

For the characters available in both routes, I had a hard time deciding between Aqua and Felicia, but I went with Felicia in the end because she is really very adorable and I imagine Aqua will get a lot of love from others. For the guys it's definitely Suzukaze because he's so damn nice. He's a good friend/husband, and a good dad, and a generally nice person all around. Also he's very cute because he's so goddamn dense. I really like how most of his S-supports have the other party confessing to him.

For route-exclusive characters, I like Ryouma, Takumi, Nishiki, and Yukimura for Hoshido, and Marx for Nohr. A combination of design and personality for most of them. They generally have really cute supports, especially Nishiki. And especially for Takumi, I like him because it feels like his personality is a bit more well-rounded compared to a lot of other characters. And after the Nohr route...

And for the ladies, I love Sakura and Kagerou for Hoshido and Camilla for Nohr. Sakura is absolutely precious, and Kagerou is unexpectedly really adorable. Have you seen her Odin supports? For Camilla, I am very disappointed and sad at how the game treats her like walking fanservice but I love her.

And for the kids, Shigure, Sophie and Midoriko. Sophie's optimistic and dorky and I love her (and her personal skill is hilarious), while Shigure is really cute. He's shy about his singing, but it isn't to the point of Olivia or Inigo and their dancing from Awakening, which could get a bit obnoxious at times. And Midoriko is the most precious daughter (have you seen her supports with her parents look at this ray of sunshine) and I'm already planning on marrying Suzukaze anyway so.

Edited by wvype

I love how everyone loves the one guy who doesn't worship the ground Kamui walks on. Really, I hope Intelligent Systems take note...of this incredibly limited and informal poll.

No but seriously, to hell with the excessive player worshiping.

Also, the votes for Azura really, really surprise me; have you guys actually played the game yet?

Ryouma and Rinka are pretty obvious options

Also voted for all the other siblings as well

I like the majority of the Hoshido women (I'm going to give a massive shout out to Kagerou and Oboro), actually, and Charlotte really surprised me. Felicia actually really grew on me, and Suzukaze is prolly my #3 after Ryouma and Rinka.

I'm not really big on most of the kids in comparison-don't dislike them, but their personality doesn't really register with me as much I guess

But the two older royal kids--and especially Shinonome stands out to me. Also I love Kinu's design, and she is very cute personality-wise too.

Shinonome though, I mean there's already bias 'cuz he's Ryouma's kid, but I really like his personality by itself even without taking into account of that. I think he's my only child unit to make it into my top 10.

I love how everyone loves the one guy who doesn't worship the ground Kamui walks on. Really, I hope Intelligent Systems take note...of this incredibly limited and informal poll.

Also, the votes for Azura really, really surprise me; have you guys actually played the game yet?

People can like characters simply based off of design or other factors besides, well, character; for example, I initially themed my profile around Leon before we even knew his name.

And I'd put money on there being an official popularity poll in the distant future.

He's not the only person. One of the first things that stood out for me with Rinkah was that she looked down on Kamui for his naivety.

Also, seeing as how most people here aren't Japanese, I hardly think it's surprising that some of the voters haven't played the game yet. But the implication that you have to dislike Azura once you play the game seems slightly rude to Japanese Azura fans.

Edited by Minischew

For each category:

Mozume

Kaze

Takumi

Leo

Flannel

Nishiki

Zero

Flora

Elise

Belka

Hana

Sakura/Charlotte (it was a tie, I chose Sakura but I do really like Charlotte)

Ophelia

Velour

MKanna

Eponine

Midoriko