General US Politics

Ansem

He's likely going to say, well, that's different because Muslims ascribe to a certain belief that has horrible rules and thus they need to take responsibility for it blah et cetera.

Just the same as how poisoned skittles is a good metaphor for Syrian refugees, but likely not for men as a group. Or that a trans person forfeits their humanity because ??? (it's just an example, since you don't care to bring it up anymore)

This sort of arbitrariness I don't care for. I honestly don't think what Hillary said was particularly good, nor that she could have access to a telekinetic hive mind for white people anyway, but it's not as if the same arguments aren't made for other groups of people.

Edited by Tryhard

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck does that mean and how did it piss you off

Wut

EDIT: I have significantly more to say on this because you're a hypocrite. Here's the full thing she said:

You know how you said Muslims should take responsibility for people in their religion? This is "white people should take responsibility for their racism," and the point was especially poignant because the cop in question was white.

She's not saying at all that white people can't help but shoot black people; she's saying that the majority of white people do not and they should make efforts to improve the police forces by protesting with the black people to make changes, since when faced with a cop the white person is much more privileged.

Whether or not you agree with these facts is irrelevant; it's the same shit you preached in the other thread, you're just pissed that you're being singled out as a demographic. Having that said, I don't think she needs to really say stuff like this at all, because everyone should be held equally accountable for the actions of other people regardless of race, but your view on these things is hypocritical.

Having that said, she could've easily compared things to skittles here. Besides the full force of the law hasn't come down on some of these cases in the past, so it's also not helpful to say "guess what we agree too!"

And the officer was charged with manslaughter. That is how justice works. Not by inciting race riots in Charlotte.

This was a mistake. A mistake that deserves to be tried by a court of law but a mistake. She did not go out planning to kill a black guy. In fact, cops in general (and let's go with 99.99%) do not go out in order just to kill black people. This is putting aside the fact that cops are 18x more likely to be killed than suspects. Or that less black suspects are killed than white ones in general considering that 10% of the population commits almost half the crime.

What Hillary did was equate Tulsa and Charlotte. And that's where you get into race baiting. She only mentioned Tulsa on Harvey's show but she mentioned both on Twitter. No waiting for the facts. Just "this is terrible".

Well, no it's not if you look at Charlotte where the police actually have a legitimate argument... and the cop in question was black. Brother's response?

"All white people are the fucking devil!"

But if you want to equate it to Islamists, let's go. Did the guy commit a mistake by trying to bomb NYC and NJ? No? It was intentional. And more people who are coming as refugees may try to commit terrorist attacks. So yeah, I don't want them to come.

Your logic is inconsistant.

Edited by Deplorable Pepe

You know how you said Muslims should take responsibility for people in their religion? This is "white people should take responsibility for their racism," and the point was especially poignant because the cop in question was white.

These two are not like each other. Islam, as a belief system, is inherently ideological and it is up to a person's choice to stick to the ideology and its members or to separate from it. Racism is not inherent to white people nor only white people can be racist, and one cannot change one's ethnicity.

Edited by tuvarkz

And the officer was charged with manslaughter. That is how justice works. Not by inciting race riots in Charlotte.

This was a mistake. A mistake that deserves to be tried by a court of law but a mistake. She did not go out planning to kill a black guy. In fact, cops in general (and let's go with 99.99%) do not go out in order just to kill black people. This is putting aside the fact that cops are 18x more likely to be killed than suspects. Or that less black suspects are killed than white ones in general considering that 10% of the population commits almost half the crime.

What Hillary did was equate Tulsa and Charlotte. And that's where you get into race baiting. She only mentioned Tulsa on Harvey's show but she mentioned both on Twitter. No waiting for the facts. Just "this is terrible".

Well, no it's not if you look at Charlotte where the police actually have a legitimate argument... and the cop in question was black. Brother's response?

"All white people are the fucking devil!"

But if you want to equate it to Islamists, let's go. Did the guy commit a mistake by trying to bomb NYC and NJ? No? It was intentional. And more people who are coming as refugees may try to commit terrorist attacks. So yeah, I don't want them to come.

Your logic is inconsistant.

Perhaps not, but it doesn't change the fact that police are going out there with a bias towards black people. I very much doubt that they would've been shot if they were white.

And again, I ask you, what's to stop the poisoned skittles argument from applying to literally any other group of people (white people are racists, Christians send their children to pray away the gay camps, men being rapists, ETC)?

Life we've been over this argument and you just ignored everything and went on a tirade. When I get home I'll quote everything I brought up at you and see what you will actually say.

Cops getting killed by criminals is not at all comparable to innocent civilians getting killed by cops. Are you saying we should hold cops to the same standards as criminals? This is like the black on black vs cop on black - just because it's true doesn't mean it's relevant to the actual argument, and gang violence and police violence are different standards.

You call what Hillary does race baiting but your vitriol is purely as a result of who said it.

EDIT: I'm still waiting on the statistics about terror attacks by non-citizens and refugees. Is it because said data does not favor your viewpoint and you want to continue with the religion-baiting you do?

Yes and not all cops or even regular shooters are charged with such things not are they indicted in the long term. I'll find the data when I get home but more often than not you hear about these being swept under the rug.

These two are not like each other. Islam, as a belief system, is inherently ideological and it is up to a person's choice to stick to the ideology and its members or to separate from it. Racism is not inherent to white people nor only white people can be racist, and one cannot change one's ethnicity.

No, but everyone should be accountable of their own race and demographic according to Life. Doesn't matter if they're Muslim, you should always be the skittle that outs the poisoned one.

That's why his argument is so hypocritical, and just because a cop is black doesn't mean he isn't racist and more white cops have shot down black men than black cops. He's just quoting one thing out of context of her larger point just to shit on Hillary and it is getting old.

Edited by Lord Raven

Well, her statement specifically says implicit bias, which isn't Clinton saying that white cops go out to kill black people (that would be explicit bias).

There's a sizable body of research that indicates that police officers (like most other people) have implicit racial bias that affects their judgment http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/07/data-police-racial-bias . This isn't a condemnation of police officers, but pretending like there is no problem means there isn't going to be any solutions.

if only it worked like that

How dare you pretend that you are the only altruistic person out there and the rest of us "whites" really just harbour deep racism for blacks.

Here's the quote that pissed me off.

"Maybe I can, by speaking directly to white people, say, look, this is not who we are."

Grab your guns, kids! The degenerate right is out to get us with their awful pc culture.

The end is near.

Trump's trolling level > 9000.

Threatening to invite Gennifer Flowers and Flowers accepts? That's going to make this personal for Hillary.

Second I heard this, my mind jumped to Juanita Broaddrick. And PJW ended up mentioning Broaddrick about an hour later.

This made me laugh so hard. Like him or hate him, he just trolled the Clintons so hard.

The Trump campaign has said Ms. Flowers won't be at the debate, so let's see what happens.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/297740-clinton-announces-guests-for-first-debate

The commission overseeing the debates has said they do not want either side inviting people for the sake of trying to influence the debate in any way. Of course, Hillary's campaign is pretty clearly inviting certain people in an attempt to provoke Trump.

Wait, I'm confused; guests? At a debate? What in the world for?

To keep you guys entertained. Politics on TV is big time entertainment, a show to keep people distracted.

The real decisions are made somewhere else.

You guys is everyone watching.

The debates this year won't be productive. As I said either Trump will talk out his ass or it will be filled with ad hominem on both sides, with the debate judge calling Trump out for being Donald Trump (which is fair). It's a shame because when I think about this election I think about how 2008 actually had two good candidates running.

Edited by Lord Raven

I want to sit with a bowl of popcorn while watching.

If Trump stays relatively on keel (no meltdown), he comes out on top simply due to lower standards. Hillary needs to convince people that she can actually be trusted, which is much harder.

This is gonna be fun. I think Hillary melts down because of ad hominem attacks. That's my prediction based on Trump's performance in the past month.

I've got a betting pool with my friends as we watch the debate for how long it's going to be before Hillary gets one of her illness spells, a horrible coughing fit, passing out, or just generally anything at all going wrong.

It's gonna be quite the show even without all of that though, and boy am I looking forward to it in two hours.

So... why does Trump get questions about birtherism and other things like that... but Holt declines to mention the Clinton Foundation?

I was reading Ben Shapiro's notes on the debate. He is still a #NeverTrump guy and even he is slightly stunned at how obvious Holt was in slanting towards Hillary.

CNN (which is Hitler) and Anderson Cooper (head of the Gaystapo) are next. Yay...

Debates have not had much impact on American elections overall, barring major meltdowns. I don't think there was much here we hadn't heard before on either side.

If nothing else, we got good entertainment for a little over an hour and a half, there's value in that I'd say.