General US Politics

Ansem

The only evidence of it being a hoax (and even then it was literally just the waterworks part of the story) is one guys post dated after the report was written. Granted this hasn't been verified but /pol/ isn't reliable, and people will say what they want.

EDIT: would like to note that the 4chan guy was responding to a Mother Jones report.

EDIT 2:

HELP, I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING

​The next 4 years are going to be priceless.

No they won't. You're not a fucking American, so don't be an asshole.

Edited by Lord Raven

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, it's like saying the recent us-israeli relations decision was "fucking hilarious"

It completely is.

​Being someone who has never lived a day in his life in the USA, I can tell you that the general feeling outside of the USA is that Obama is a joke when it comes to foreign policy. Bibi ain't much better (I'm look at you, Turkish relations) but it's like calling Bibi the tallest midget in the room. He'd still be a midget.

I think that might have more to do with the places you get your new from or the sites you access rather than with the general opinion about obama.

I also expect the Israeli press and public opinion in general to feel way more unfavorable to Obama than the rest of the world. Here in my country he's seen quite positively.

Edited by Nobody

I think that might have more to do with the places you get your new from or the sites you access rather than with the general opinion about obama.

I also expect the Israeli press and public opinion in general to feel way more unfavorable to Obama than the rest of the world. Here in my country he's seen quite positively.

I travel to Europe quite often and I hear the same sentiment a lot from the people.

It completely is.

​Being someone who has never lived a day in his life in the USA, I can tell you that the general feeling outside of the USA is that Obama is a joke when it comes to foreign policy. Bibi ain't much better (I'm look at you, Turkish relations) but it's like calling Bibi the tallest midget in the room. He'd still be a midget.

no it isn't lol

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/06/24/7-charts-on-how-the-world-views-president-obama/

Can't say I blame Trump's anger at the BuzzFeed dossier (ignoring whether BuzzFeed is even credible to begin with).

You can say a lot of things about Trump, but I never thought I'd see something accusing him of (or implying) a piss fetish.

The funny thing is that Trump especially likes that clause in the ACA, so I don't think that it'll happen.

I sincerely hope the Republican Party enjoys that special place in hell they'll go to for this.

Edited by Lord Raven

The PissGate claims look dubious at best, but even if it's true, I don't really care. Everybody has their kinks, and nothing alleged was illegal. Golden showers aren't my thing, but who am I to judge?

What it is doing is taking away attention from stuff that does matter. This anti-vaccing commission is very concerning, and will do more real damage than anything else that's being proposed. Vaccines are the reason polio and small pox are gone, and measles and other child hood diseases were virtually gone, before they started reappearing because stupid parents stopped vaccinating their kids. Vaccination prevents more disease and gives a better quality of life improvement for society per dollar spent than almost any other single policy, apart from access to a clean water supply.

Medicine is my forte, and I don't know why some gut who doesn't even have a medical background should be the one making policy decisions in this regard.

The PissGate claims look dubious at best, but even if it's true, I don't really care. Everybody has their kinks, and nothing alleged was illegal. Golden showers aren't my thing, but who am I to judge?

The publication also has more incriminating things - such as how he sent lawyers over to Russia to figure out how to pay Russian hackers, among general collusion with Russia. Golden Showers are a distraction from that part of the documentation, and it sure was funny - this is gonna be Trump's Islam. Tax Returns will be Trump's birth certificate, although with a ton of reason to doubt (rather than zero reason).

There is a lot craziest shit than that inside of the dossier, which leads me to believe that there are pieces of lies tinkled in with the truth to make it seem unbelievable. Hell, everyone's falling for the Golden Showers hook line and sinker! It's distracting us from all of the more important stuff inside of the dossier, as well as what's inside of his tax returns.

Edited by Lord Raven

it's not even a piss fetish really lol, more like a vengeance fetish, considering I imagine in Trump's theoretical mind it would be purely because of Obama sleeping there.

But like Raven said, that part is honestly the least worrying out of the entire thing if true. It really would be nothing more than something to mock him with (and an effective mockery, to be sure)

The guy who submitted that dossier is interesting. British ex-MI6 intelligence agent supposedly widely respected in the intelligence community who was specifically the chair on Russian affairs until 2009, including work on the case of Alexander Litvinenko and even working with the FBI on bringing FIFA corruption to light.

Unfortunately, since news publications decided it would be a good idea to publicise his name, he is now supposedly in hiding because he fears for his life. Either because a bunch of shit he made up (or piss, more aptly) is now out there, or because his life is actually in danger. If he ends up like a certain Alexander Litvinenko then I think we know what that means.

Edited by Tryhard

What it is doing is taking away attention from stuff that does matter. This anti-vaccing commission is very concerning, and will do more real damage than anything else that's being proposed. Vaccines are the reason polio and small pox are gone, and measles and other child hood diseases were virtually gone, before they started reappearing because stupid parents stopped vaccinating their kids. Vaccination prevents more disease and gives a better quality of life improvement for society per dollar spent than almost any other single policy, apart from access to a clean water supply.

Medicine is my forte, and I don't know why some gut who doesn't even have a medical background should be the one making policy decisions in this regard.

It's not even my forte and I know this is true. In this day in age, there's no excuse for not knowing this, and any person that isn't aware should step down in regards to making decisions like this. And at this point, it's such a lousy choice that I'd question everyone involved with the decision in their ability to lead. Yeah, let's select someone that has a rapsheet for being awful.

Even if it DID cause autism, autism is a much smaller problem than viruses that occur as a result of removing vaccination from the equation.

Edited by Augestein

It's not even my forte and I know this is true. In this day in age, there's no excuse for not knowing this, and any person that isn't aware should step down in regards to making decisions like this. And at this point, it's such a lousy choice that I'd question everyone involved with the decision in their ability to lead. Yeah, let's select someone that has a rapsheet for being awful.

Even if it DID cause autism, autism is a much smaller problem than viruses that occur as a result of removing vaccination from the equation.

That's what gets me the most. Any parent that thinks their child dying of a horrible and entirely preventable disease is a preferable fate to their child developing autism is someone who almost certainly shouldn't be a parent.

Pro-nuclear proliferation, anti-climate change, anti-vaccination. Can't wait to see what's next.

I'd guess shutting down or trivializing the press - but he's already tried to do that! It's a cold day in hell when you see Fox News defending CNN.

Very likely Russia ties and collusion are on the table if those death threats towards the reporter are from Russia.

That's what gets me the most. Any parent that thinks their child dying of a horrible and entirely preventable disease is a preferable fate to their child developing autism is someone who almost certainly shouldn't be a parent.

Pro-nuclear proliferation, anti-climate change, anti-vaccination. Can't wait to see what's next.

"Pro-nuclear proliferation": If you're talking of Donald Trump willing to give the nuclear bomb to Japan, in order for them to defend themselves, while taking the US military out of the country and let them develop their own army instead, I don't see what the problem is. Japan isn't an enemy.

"Anti-climate change": He doesn't want to give money to the many people who pretend that they will use it to be more eco-friendly, whereas they just won't do much good at all with it. I heard he's now taking the whole thing more seriously than just breaking the contract. Let's see how things go.

"anti-vaccination": Straight up a lie. He isn't anti-vaccination, he simply wants them to be less intensive for the childs.

Edited by FrenchPotato

Any politician who panders for the anti vaccination crowd or whose politics aim for vaccination to be less widespread are considered anti vaccine, even if they're not particularly against it and would vaccinate themselves and their children (they'd have to be massive idiots not to, tbh). Less vacination and opening a room for less children being vaccinated is factually bad.

Also, just being shallow on the matter, Trump himself said he'd want the USA to get out of the UN climate change agreements involving lowering carbon emissions. He also denied the existence of climate change. How is that not being anti climate change?

"Anti-climate change": He doesn't want to give money to the many people who pretend that they will use it to be more eco-friendly, whereas they just won't do much good at all with it. I heard he's now taking the whole thing more seriously than just breaking the contract. Let's see how things go.

No, he flat-out does not believe it is an issue, nor does his VP, nor does the Congress. He doesn't simply want to give funds to people who "pretend" to be more eco-friendly (whose regulations, by the way, has been held back by lobbyists for... his secretary of state, among others), he outright doesn't care for it. He put the former Exxon CEO as Secretary of State which means that their goal is not renewable energy or climate change. At any rate, he says he has an open mind, but again his view is inconsistent with his pick for secretary of state. He also has a cabinet member that is anti-climate change, which is much different to skepticism against eco-friendly measures.

"anti-vaccination": Straight up a lie. He isn't anti-vaccination, he simply wants them to be less intensive for the childs.

Anti-vaccination refers to people who think that there needs to be more research on the negative effects of vaccines despite these negative effects not existing or being largely trivial (outside of outliers such as clipsey's allergies). He also assigned a member of his cabinet that for some reason is skeptical of vaccinations, despite there being zero link between autism and vaccines. The intensity of vaccines on children isn't even a thing or an issue, ever, because the "intensity" is only an issue derived from the non-existent link between vaccines and autism.

Edited by Lord Raven

"Pro-nuclear proliferation": If you're talking of Donald Trump willing to give the nuclear bomb to Japan, in order for them to defend themselves, while taking the US military out of the country and let them develop their own army instead, I don't see what the problem is. Japan isn't an enemy.

"Nuclear proliferation is the spread of nuclear weapons, fissionable material, and weapons-applicable nuclear technology and information to nations not recognised as "Nuclear Weapon States" by the Treaty on the Nonproliferation of Nuclear Weapons, also known as the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty or NPT "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_proliferation

If you can think of another term for this, go ahead and tell me.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/jun/03/hillary-clinton/yes-donald-trump-did-call-climate-change-chinese-h/

And if Trump has become more open-minded about the Paris Agreement, then that's another campaign promise broken, and goes against his choices for Cabinet.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/may/26/donald-trump-environmental-policy-climate-change-keystone-xl

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/dec/15/trump-cabinet-climate-change-deniers

First of all, what the fuck is this 'intensive for children' thing meant to mean?

Second of all, any politician who courts to the anti-vaccination crowd should be considered anti-vaccination, even if they don't say it overtly because it validates and enables them. Give me one good reason why putting a vaccine skeptic in charge of a commission of vaccine safety isn't an anti-vaccination action?

Edited by The Blind Idiot God