General US Politics

Ansem

lol ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh boy 

• Trump Supporter 
  • Fact-based Journalism + Mainstream media reporting = liberal propaganda to discredit conservative leaders and their followers
  • Believes congresswoman elected on platform of raising the minimum wage, moving away from fossil fuels, and raising top marginal tax rates back to 70% + using the revenue to fund public healthcare and education is a "radical."
  • Believes white males are an oppressed minority in America--women and blacks have special privileges and extra rights.
  • Favors vigorous prosecution of the war on drugs + mass incarceration of non-violent drug offenders
  • "Why is bigotry so terrible?"    

52 minutes ago, Edelgard for Smash said:

I am on the left end of the spectrum myself. 

Right. Kinda like how I'm a Vegan.

I just eat fish, meat, and dairy--and put extra bacon on all my cheeseburgers.

Edited by Shoblongoo

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Johann said:

I'm sure your step dad loves that you use his dead son to troll people on a nintendo game forum

If principled center left political views are “trolling” to you then you need some serious psychological help. I am sure your parents would agree.

Again guys, you can’t post nonsense DNC talking points(like how Trump supposedly picked a rapist for Supreme Court) and realistically expect someone not to challenge you eventually. It is not “trolling” it is called actually knowing something about politics.

Edited by Edelgard for Smash

...Ummmmmmmmm...

Trump did nominate an accused rapist for the Supreme Court.

Republicans did everything in their power to make sure there was no investigation into the truth or falsity of the allegations before seating him.

Trump himself has bragged about committing sexual assault and being able to get away with it because hes rich and famous. 

^^^
These are facts

Edited by Shoblongoo

8 minutes ago, Edelgard for Smash said:

If principled center left political views are “trolling” to you then you need some serious psychological help.

That's your idea of principled center left? The more you write, the more it's clear that calling you a racist piece of shit was too polite.

okay cool the big number scared me but it was pretty much all just about the one dude

anyway it looks like you already said your goodbyes to him pre-emptively so please resume business as normal

4 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Can we talk about Michael Cohen now?

Cause holy shit...he dropped some bombs today...

Have you been watching? There's probably a fair amount more coming too

13 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Did he? Wasn't most things he said widely known already?

So Trump is racist, corrupt and acted unlawfully. Who didn't know this yet and why would any Trump voter be shocked by this if they were fine with all the other things Trump has said and done? The Republicans don't seem any less supportive of Trump after hearing it either. 

Just now, Etrurian emperor said:

Did he? Wasn't most things he said widely known already?

So Trump is racist, corrupt and acted unlawfully. Who didn't know this yet and why would any Trump voter be shocked by this if they were fine with all the other things Trump has said and done? The Republicans don't seem any less supportive of Trump after hearing it either. 

Yeah but there's "what you know," and then there's "whats on the record under threat-of-perjury."

You can go out on TV and say--absolutely anything. There's no duty to tell the truth or penalty for lying.

We have Congressional testimony now that Trump is racist,  corrupt, and acted unlawfully. 

33 minutes ago, Integrity said:

okay cool the big number scared me but it was pretty much all just about the one dude

anyway it looks like you already said your goodbyes to him pre-emptively so please resume business as normal

He's viewing your profile

Spooky

It'll be interesting where the hammer falls, but I find it hard to keep interested in the Mueller investigation, it already feels like an eternity. Really, it's all noise until the final verdict at this point.

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

My favorite part of today was Cohen saying Don and Don Jr. are two of the most oblivious people he knows, and then Don Jr. retweeting a tweet saying "Cohen has no reason to lie" within minutes. 

It's not as spicy as all of the declarations that Trump basically acted like a low testosterone mafia don during the campaign, but it's a lot funnier. That West Virginia dude should have to go door to door, apologizing for making that whole state look bad. 

Edited by Slumber

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

Yeah but there's "what you know," and then there's "whats on the record under threat-of-perjury."

You can go out on TV and say--absolutely anything. There's no duty to tell the truth or penalty for lying.

We have Congressional testimony now that Trump is racist,  corrupt, and acted unlawfully. 

It's too bad it won't lead to anything in the near future. To change GOP leadership's stance on impeachment, you have to change public opinion of their base and that is not happening any time soon with the numbers that are glued to Breitbart and Fox News. If anything, Trump Derangement Syndrome should be defined as "unprincipled and illogical belief and defense of Donald Trump despite how often the man acts like a criminal hiding something as well as evidence and testimony confirming all suspicion".

As stupid and amusing as the GOP's defense of Trump should be in this hearing, I personally find it more aggravating and a display of our system of government's flaws and failure to adequately do away with a criminal executive branch. Clinton was removed for so much less and the perpetuation of this orange turd's presidency by scumbags like Jim Jordan, Devin Nunes, Matt Gaetz and Trey Gowdy (whose only saving grace is that he jumped ship) does little to maintain hope for improvement.

As long as these GOP Trumpians remain in power, "whats on the record under threat-of-perjury." and "what you know" feels like a distinction without difference.

This is what I have heard so far (from anyone else not able to watch, like me):

- Trump paying someone to bid on a portrait of himself (Trump), he then reimbursed himself with funds from his charity and the portrait stayed with him. (With handwritten notes from Trump detailing these plans?)

- Receipts showing clearly that Trump paid Stormy Daniels hush money.

- Trump asked Cohen to lie to Congress and elsewhere numerous times (with a lot of witness proof).

- Trump lying about the value of his properties to pay lower taxes.

- Trump inflating his assets to secure loans. Specifically he claimed his net worth doubled between 2012 and 2013 because he added a value for his personal brand of $4 billion.

- Cohen says there is other illegal activity the House isn’t aware of that SDNY is investigating.

A lot of this we already knew.

Republicans present in general: ignoring any and all actual evidence and focusing on smearing Cohen’s character (not that they can do much else).

A couple of Democrats appear to have found their spines, that’s good, and about time!

What are you guys thoughts on the USA's plans to invade give humanitarian aid to Venezuela? It might be too much of an open question but I didn't think of a better way to join the discussion, my bad.

3 hours ago, Яei Яei said:

What are you guys thoughts on the USA's plans to invade give humanitarian aid to Venezuela? It might be too much of an open question but I didn't think of a better way to join the discussion, my bad.

There seems to be a lot of misinformation going around related this so I'm treading lightly, do tell if i'm saying anything that comes across as misinformed.

1. I don't trust the Trump Administration's motives. It just seems like they're going in it for the oil and other selfish reasons.

2. I don't support military intervention from the US yet.

3. I would echo Bernie Sanders' suggestion to have the election in Venezuela re-done with international supervision.

4. Right-wing voters should probably be AGAINST military intervention on this country if they're really that sick and tired of seeing people from South America coming to apply for Asylum.

3 hours ago, Res said:

This is what I have heard so far (from anyone else not able to watch, like me):

Here's a play-by-play of what I see happening from the right-wing.

1. Chris Wallace or Shep Smith from Fox News will point out how the GOP congressmen never refuted Cohen on substance.

2. Opinion pieces will be written pointing out trivial inaccuracies like him getting an irrelevant schmuck's actual position in some company wrong.

3. MAGAts and Breitbart clinging to Giuliani's card: Michael Cohen is an honest lawyer when he's covering for Trump, he's an invalid witness when he's testifying against Trump

4. Roger Stone screws up on the gag order by trying to refute Cohen.

5. Matt Gaetz will go on some Fox News program like Fox and Friends or Hannity to play victim over the witness tampering investigation of his tweet to Cohen.

6. Trump tweets attacking Cohen coming in at a time he should be asleep.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

11 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

4. Right-wing voters should probably be AGAINST military intervention on this country if they're really that sick and tired of seeing people from South America coming to apply for Asylum.

This is generally not what people think of when going to war, people who support it especially.

Even today, people struggle to draw the line between the influx of middle eastern refugees to Europe and America, and the destabilization of the middle east that happened as a result of the War on Terror. Conservatives historically support the War on Terror/War in the middle east, but also struggle to recognize the results of this that they probably hate more than they liked the Bush wars.

They're not going to infer that a war in Venezuela would result in more Venezuelan refugees.

To my knowledge the refugee stream to the US from the middle East is actually tiny. 

In comparison to the millions in Jordan, Lebanon, Iran, Turkey, Egypt and Europe, anyway.

Edit: shouldn't have forgotten Lebanon

Edited by Excellen Browning

Former GOP governor on why they need the Electoral College

Direct link to the radio segment, 9:45 is when that discussion begins

In essence, doing away with the electoral college will result in minorities being the ones to elect the president so "Let’s have a dictator because that’s really what you’re gonna boil down to."... ignoring the fact that minorities are referred to as minorities because they're the smaller numbers and you have whites voting the president winning the popular vote, such as the 39% of whites that did so in 2016 by voting for Clinton and the data showing that the more educated people voted AGAINST Trump

So a president elected by minorities and the more educated people of the majority is automatically a dictatorship. What does that make the current elected president that kisses up to dictators, has done nothing to hide the fact that he wants to be one and have total and absolute power with a base that wishes he could be president for life too?

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

God forbid there would be a president who represents the interests of all Americans.

If the GOP can't survive without the electoral college, maybe the problem is their unwillingness to appeal to anyone but the 1% and racists.

2 hours ago, Excellen Browning said:

To my knowledge the refugee stream to the US from the middle East is actually tiny. 

In comparison to the millions in Jordan, Lebanon, Iran, Turkey, Egypt and Europe, anyway.

Edit: shouldn't have forgotten Lebanon

I'm aware, but conservatives are generally the first group of people to mock places like Sweden, Germany and the UK for taking in refugees, and say stupid shit like "THEY'RE IMPLEMENTING SHARIA LAW", even though the migration of refugees is largely our fault. 

And the smaller number still doesn't stop them from getting super upset that middle eastern refugees are coming here.