General US Politics

Ansem

2 minutes ago, X-Naut said:

Nevada and Arizona have been stable, as has North Carolina.

Arizona isn't exactly stable, I think Trump needs 56% of the vote to make it red, and so far, he's been hitting that. Biden's lead has declined from almost 80k to 36k now, don't count the orange man out.

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Armchair General said:

It's not that he's an 100% Trump supporter, it's mostly that he's mildly convinced that Biden will somehow ruin the country with what I've already told you guys. Plus, he also thinks that Biden is going senile. But the only way to be sure is to just to wait and see what happens in the next few months.

So, uh, how 'bout how Trump speaks, huh?  I'm waiting for him to string together three complete sentences.  Biden, at least, sounds like he has a thought process behind his words.

It's classic projection.

DEAR LORD LESS THAN 1.5 K VOTES SEPARATE THE TWO CANDIDATES IN GEORGIA AND TRUMP IS GAINING GROUND IN NEVADA.

Holy crackers... I shouldn't reasonably be this worried about the election, but I am not certain I'm getting any sleep tonight.

9 minutes ago, Benice said:

DEAR LORD LESS THAN 1.5 K VOTES SEPARATE THE TWO CANDIDATES IN GEORGIA AND TRUMP IS GAINING GROUND IN NEVADA.

I think you mean Arizona, not Nevada. Biden's lead in Nevada has actually widened a tiny bit today, but otherwise the state has barely been moving.

Georgia is pretty tense though. They're down to their last, supposedly 16K votes. Biden is expected to take the lead, but he'd better hope it's a comfortable lead. Because a difference of a few hundred is small enough that a recount might actually change the result. And they're working hard enough already with those protesters outside. As for Arizona, it's hard to say where that's heading. A lot of votes remain to be counted. Experts keep claiming they're mostly mail in ballots that don't skew heavily toward Trump, and that the amount of trump gains are underperforming what demographics suggests, but he's been making serious gains all day.

Edited by Glennstavos

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

I think you mean Arizona, not Nevada. Biden's lead in Nevada has actually widened a tiny bit today, but otherwise the state has barely been moving.

Ah, you're right.

OH GOD NEVADA'S REALLY CLOSE TOO

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Georgia is pretty tense though. They're down to their last, supposedly 16K votes. Biden is expected to take the lead, but he'd better hope it's a comfortable lead. Because a difference of a few hundred is small enough that a recount might actually change the result. And they're working hard enough already with those protesters outside.

It also depends how the ruling on stopping Mail-In Ballots goes. I don't expect it to go anywhere simply because of how absurd it is, but it is, theoretically, on the table. Falling off the corner, but on the table.

Georgia also has like 9K votes coming from overseas/military tomorrow or something. Or that they don't start counting them tomorrow.

Either way, things are still a toss-up, even if Biden takes the lead with the votes being counted now.

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Georgia also has like 9K votes coming from overseas/military tomorrow or something. Or that they don't start counting them tomorrow.

Agh, and those will most likely lean red! Oh dear...

8 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Either way, things are still a toss-up, even if Biden takes the lead with the votes being counted now.

Georgia is more of a toss-up than pizza dough right now, and I don't like it...

Edited by Benice

2 minutes ago, Benice said:

Agh, and those will most likely lean red! Oh dear...

Georgia is more of a toss-up than pizza dough right now, and I don't like it...

Still, with Biden poised to win PA, GA staying Red won't matter much if Biden keeps AZ and wins NV as well.

And regardless, the fact it ended up being a VERY close call is still a very big achievement. Since next elections might swing further blue, or just about change from solid red to swing state.

Also, considering Trump's comments on the military... who knows. I mean, AZ is what it is if even a little due to how Trump and McCain were with each other.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

7 minutes ago, Excellen Browning said:

GA is going to flip blue. It's going to be close, but it's going blue.

This is from like 3 hours ago.

I hope so but there's so little left to count with part of it military. Meanwhile a lot more need to be counted in Arizona where it all seems to be going wrong. Someone here said Biden's lead in Nevada is decreasing too. 

So it may all hinge on Pensylvania. Not a pleasant thought. 

4 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Someone here said Biden's lead in Nevada is decreasing too. 

It appears that I was mistaken, though; my bad.

7 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I hope so but there's so little left to count with part of it military. Meanwhile a lot more need to be counted in Arizona where it all seems to be going wrong. Someone here said Biden's lead in Nevada is decreasing too. 

So it may all hinge on Pensylvania. Not a pleasant thought. 

Military leans blue, and has for years now. 

In the same vein as last post, Biden is going to win PA. He now needs ~57% of the remaining votes, and he's consistently been getting 75-80% since yesterday.

As for AZ, I think someone said it two pages back; what's left to count there is blue area's. He's going to win there as well.

Edit: in fact I think he's going to sweep all 4 and win with 300+ electoral votes

Edited by Excellen Browning

13 minutes ago, Excellen Browning said:

Military leans blue, and has for years now. 

First I hear of that but I may be thinking in stereotypes. 

13 minutes ago, Excellen Browning said:

In the same vein as last post, Biden is going to win PA. He now needs ~57% of the remaining votes, and he's consistently been getting 75-80% since yesterday.

As for AZ, I think someone said it two pages back; what's left to count there is blue area's. He's going to win there as well.

Edit: in fact I think he's going to sweep all 4 and win with 300+ electoral votes

I sure hope so! A narrow 270 victory would only take one faithless elector to screw things up. 

Biden has won, guys, you can relax

Pennsylvania won't even be that close lmao

Biden needs to win the rest of the votes 54-46, he's winning them by over 75-25

Edited by Nobody

For future reference: Does anyone know where I can find the exact numbers of votes, by state?  I'm planning to do an analysis on how this election stacked up to 2016.

I'm doing reporters/analysts on Twitter + NYT

The chances of losing Georgia are almost astronomical at this point (the difference is less than 2000 votes now), but I don't think their site is updating again tonight. People don't realize that even in super red counties, Biden won the mail-in vote 2:1. Trump hasn't been making significant gains there at all: it's been Biden sprinting to the finish line.

The other states are bigger toss ups, but PA is easily looking the best there, and it's the one that matters.

Edited by Crysta

13 minutes ago, Crysta said:

I'm doing reporters/analysts on Twitter + NYT

NYT's map is great for showing shifts (for example, Hawaii looks like it's trending red, but only because the ~100k votes Biden picked up looks insignificant to the ~70k votes Trump picked up, due to percentages), but I'm not getting a subscription for numbers.  I think I saw a graph on Reuters, so I'll use that, alongside the 2016 wiki entry for the presidential race.

Which means I probably can't do my analysis until next week.  So good luck to the ballot counters!

EDIT: Wait it does.  Sort of.  Looks like NE/ME are split, and opposites.

Edited by eclipse

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

NYT's map is great for showing shifts (for example, Hawaii looks like it's trending red, but only because the ~100k votes Biden picked up looks insignificant to the ~70k votes Trump picked up, due to percentages), but I'm not getting a subscription for numbers.  I think I saw a graph on Reuters, so I'll use that, alongside the 2016 wiki entry for the presidential race.

Which means I probably can't do my analysis until next week.  So good luck to the ballot counters!

You don't need a paid subscription. If you log in with your google account you can see everything on it

wait you need a sub?

I'm not even logged in right now and it's fine

EDIT: wait, nah, apparently I auto logged-in without realizing it

Edited by Crysta

4 minutes ago, Nobody said:

You don't need a paid subscription. If you log in with your google account you can see everything on it

I'm not a fan of logging in with Google, either.  But it looks like a mouseover should get me a rough count, which is what I'm looking for.  I'll give it a bit before actually doing any sort of meaningful comparisons.  Unlike Trump, I want every vote counted first!

EDIT: Hurry up Mississippi, you're way behind everyone else!

Edited by eclipse