General US Politics

Ansem

Yeah, I would have said this was a "call the national guard" situation, but that they probably wouldn't given the obvious allegiance of the protestors. 

I want to meme about the situation, but jokes inevitably get less funny when a body count gets declared. Inauguration Day is going to need excessive security. I know that event is not open to the public, but y'know, the capitol building is also not open to the public.

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obligatory reminder that this was the police response when the MAGAs charged a barricade and bullrushed their ways into the halls of Congress.  

Image may contain: one or more people, crowd and outdoor, text that says 'POLICE PR CA'

And this was the police response when BLM protestors came within--like a city block of maybe possibly doing that:

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, people dancing and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, sky, crowd and outdoor

Ladies and Gentleman:

White Privilege.

Police being nice to alt-right peeps, what a surprise! Happens in every fucking country in the world, and they wonder why we distrust them so much.

Our Police ain't as bad as the Murica's, but they also have their tendecies....

Edited by Shrimperor

Vibe I'm getting going through the response of Republican lawmakers stuck in the middle of this is that after today, there's going to be ALOT less opposition to bringing criminal charges against Trump once hes out of office than there would have been before 

Edited by Shoblongoo

When in doubt, my local newspaper's comment section never fails to disappoint me.  Especially with its lack of moderation.  Someone in there calls the people outside the capital buildings "true patriots".

This is ridiculous. If they’re trying to make themselves look just they’re failing. Horribly.

At least Trump & Ivanka have the sense to tweet out to be peaceful. I’ve heard people saying that they encouraged this though, I don’t know about all that.

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

This is ridiculous. If they’re trying to make themselves look just they’re failing. Horribly.

At least Trump & Ivanka have the sense to tweet out to be peaceful. I’ve heard people saying that they encouraged this though, I don’t know about all that.

Go back a page to the trump tweet I posted

5 minutes ago, Sooks said:

no, not at least! do not be fooled by that. tweets do not quell already angry and active protestors--especially the ones that won't read them!

4 minutes ago, Excellen Browning said:

Go back a page to the trump tweet I posted

That is the first one I saw about peace and all they jazz. But you said he was backing down, did he call for this?

1 minute ago, Crysta said:

well i'm glad someone thought this was a good idea

I think you can say this is the same as COVID (still happening FYI!). When the federal government fails in a coordinated response and the person at the top is even outright contradicting what good sense would say, it falls to the states -the responsible states- to clean up the nuclear disaster. Thank Lady Liberty the Capital isn't wedged between Wyoming and *insert other ruby red state here*. 

Just now, Phoenix Wright said:

no, not at least! do not be fooled by that. tweets do not quell already angry and active protestors--especially the ones that won't read them!

Oh don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it will physically help but that’s not the point. It was more the expression of the thought, but I won’t pretend like I know that much about the build up to this.

4 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Oh don’t get me wrong, I don’t think it will physically help but that’s not the point. It was more the expression of the thought, but I won’t pretend like I know that much about the build up to this.

it's such a lack of response that one has to wonder if this is what trump wanted.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/01/06/us/politics/electoral-college-certification-live-stream.html

• Maggie Haberman

White House Correspondent

We are seeing reports of people being transported to hospitals from the Capitol complex.

• Mark, one Trump adviser told me that people — even those close to him — are certain the president wanted this and is enjoying it.

ask yourself, if there were violence occurring in your state capitol and you're head of state, would you simply respond with, "stop," via twitter?

Edited by Phoenix Wright