General US Politics

Ansem

Just now, Shoblongoo said:

I’m enjoying watching them have mental breakdowns a bit too much.

not gonna lie 

So am I, but you're creative enough to post original stuff!

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all of you who live in a Republican-controlled district, such as myself. Check this handy list from wikipedia. See where your representative and/or senator stood when Congress voted in favor of or against the objections to certifying Biden's electoral votes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_United_States_Electoral_College_count

There's someone who's gone through Trump's speech from before the insurrection and analysed the whole thing. Bad news it's 200 parts and it doesn't exactly make things look all that better. It's a long one, have some tea with it. Probably a calming type.

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Mitch McConnell has refused to reconvene the Senate any time before Tuesday, the 19th, Trump's last day in office. So it's unclear if they will be able to hold both a trial or vote in time.

There's no precedent for this kind of situation, but since Impeachment is a thing, it's likely a trial must be done.

Considering Trump can still be stripped from Ex-Presidential benefits and being barred from running for re-election, there's still merit in doing the trial even after he leaves office.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

And here I was prepared to write a shonen-esque story about how Pence crawled out from under Trump's shadow to attempt to salvage America.  Instead, it went to impeachment.

Just curious; has there ever been anything like what's happening in the U.S. having happened to leaders of other countries? Like, Trump got impeached a second time here, so what I'm wondering is if any other world leaders or high-ranking political officials have been 'impeached' multiple times?

There's definitely gotta be something at least reminiscent of the impeachment process in other nations, so that's what leads me to ask. Well, that, and the obvious fact that Trump got impeached again, which I'm pretty sure is a first for any U.S. president. It's a big yikes, but it's also kinda funny though.

Anyway, there's a lotta history-making stuff going on, and it doesn't feel as odd as I would have expected it to feel.

6 minutes ago, indigoasis said:

Just curious; has there ever been anything like what's happening in the U.S. having happened to leaders of other countries? Like, Trump got impeached a second time here, so what I'm wondering is if any other world leaders or high-ranking political officials have been 'impeached' multiple times?

I think Berlosconi in Italy had the same pattern of corruption and legal issues. I recall old Berlosconi no longer being allowed to run for office some time but I think that one got revoked. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor