General US Politics

Ansem

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that did not inspire a lot of confidence in his ability to be president lol. Jim Webb also spent most of his time complaining about not having enough time and I don't think running even further right than Hillary is going to help him much. O'Malley was ok but I doubt he's going to spike in the polls or anything.

jim webb is literally a self-described "reagan democrat"; he was a republican who switched parties because he didn't like the iraq war, but kept all his other right-leaning beliefs

Webb would be great if he was someone front running in the GOP. Then the general election debate would actually be in the center. And he seemed like a pretty respectful guy, even though I could never get behind someone conservative.

O'Malley sounds like he's gunning to be VP.

Yeah, I doubt that debate seriously changed anything. Hillary and Bernie just kinda re-asserted their positions (the composed, experienced, boring frontrunner and the scrappy progressive who would suck at anything bi-partisan), and none of the three lower-tier candidates did anything to break out. O'Malley holds the unfortunate position of "the probable frontrunner if Hillary wasn't in the race," I'm seriously uncertain why Webb is a Democrat at all, and I just felt bad for Chafee. It was like somebody's grandpa wandered onstage with the candidates.

Webb would be great if he was someone front running in the GOP. Then the general election debate would actually be in the center. And he seemed like a pretty respectful guy, even though I could never get behind someone conservative.

O'Malley sounds like he's gunning to be VP.

if i were a betting man i'd wager on one of the castro brothers (julian moreso) being the veep nominee

I don't want Biden to be president... mostly because while in office they seemingly age about 20 years. It's not exactly a low-stress light-workload job and I can see it slowly kill him on the inside if anything else.

Aaand unlike with everyone else I don't really want to watch it, but hey, if he's going to try to do it now would be the time.

the impression of biden i got from his interview with colbert was that beau's death destroyed him

like, it's something i watched, and i was like "goddamn, this is the demeanor of a man who's never running for anything again"

he's definitely entertaining, though, like your wacky uncle; i wouldn't mind if he was named veep for life

Edited by I.M. Gei

I don't want Biden to be president... mostly because while in office they seemingly age about 20 years. It's not exactly a low-stress light-workload job and I can see it slowly kill him on the inside if anything else.

Aaand unlike with everyone else I don't really want to watch it, but hey, if he's going to try to do it now would be the time.

the impression of biden i got from his interview with colbert was that beau's death destroyed him

like, it's something i watched, and i was like "goddamn, this is the demeanor of a man who's never running for anything again"

he's definitely entertaining, though, like your wacky uncle; i wouldn't mind if he was named veep for life

hmm, never really considered any of this. the primaries are coming up and i'll probably have a difficult time voting.

FSvJx1h.png

grab your popcorn, folks, this is gonna get hilarious

also ben carson's taking a two week break from campaigning for a book signing tour

Bush’s campaign did not respond to International Business Times’ questions about the Florida licenses issued to the hijackers while he was governor[during 9/11].

loool

Edited by I.M. Gei

okay so i was wrong about biden, then

iirc, the original reason he was tapped to become veep was because he had pretty solid blue-collar democratic credentials (hence, scranton joe); at this point, though, a lot of his would-be donors have already been secured by hillary

She's evil. I don't care for most democrats but she is really twisted. I can't believe they let those emails go away so easily on their debate.

how is she evil?

She's evil. I don't care for most democrats but she is really twisted. I can't believe they let those emails go away so easily on their debate.

so would you explain your rationale behind this train of thought or is this just an opinion that you absorbed from conservative influences and are regurgitating at the slightest provocation