General US Politics

Ansem

Somewhat pertinent to the topic for today. (Can't believe it's already been a year, fuck.)

I thought it was funny, at least.

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice how you don't see any of the people usually popping off about how ((socialized medicine)) is a horror story and would ruin healthcare in America being like:

"Walking into CVS to get my state-subsidized COVID vaccine and walking out 5 minutes later vaccinated free-of-charge doesn't work for me. I really wish I could be fighting with my insurance company over whether the vaccine is a covered service or I'm on the hook for a $500 pharmacy bill right now."

4 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Notice how you don't see any of the people usually popping off about how ((socialized medicine)) is a horror story and would ruin healthcare in America being like:

"Walking into CVS to get my state-subsidized COVID vaccine and walking out 5 minutes later vaccinated free-of-charge doesn't work for me. I really wish I could be fighting with my insurance company over whether the vaccine is a covered service or I'm on the hook for a $500 pharmacy bill right now."

I think this has something to do with how certain occupations requires their workers to take the vaccine, or that you can't really do much of anything without an mask or proof of vaccination.

Why turn an free deal into an financial nightmare for the average person?

Edited by Armchair General

1 hour ago, Armchair General said:

Why turn an free deal into an financial nightmare for the average person?

Yes. Good.

Now take that statement and apply it to--

• Insulin
  • Cancer Treatment
  • IVF

...etc., etc., etc.,....

Edited by Shoblongoo

5 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Dead on arrival at Senate. Let's not even pretend there's a possibility it'll pass.

9 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Dead on arrival at Senate. Let's not even pretend there's a possibility it'll pass.

I guess the point is to get it on record, for whatever difference is between a Senator saying they'll vote No, and actually vote No.

3 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Yes. Good.

Now take that statement and apply it to--

• Insulin
  • Cancer Treatment
  • IVF

...etc., etc., etc.,....

For the first two, that's kind of fucked up.

If that last one means what I think it is, the argument kind of falls apart because it's not as essential as an diabetic getting their insulin. Sure, some people won't be happy about it; but you can't really compare on how much people will enjoy having kids with receiving lifesaving treatment.

Well done on the Supreme Court for overturning Brandon's vaccine mandate. It's nice to see that some people in the US Government have working brains, because I'm convinced that Brandon doesn't have one!

Edited by NinjaMonkey

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Armchair General said:

Well, there's been an rise in people robbing freight trains in L.A. Mostly because the local justice system is becoming an example of what happens when you abolish bail for felons.

Robbing freight doesn't sound like it'd be something that directly results from a lack of bail. Like, let's face it, robbing freight isn't exactly petty crime. It's probably a job with an inside man or something or performed by people who really know what they're doing. People who would probably be able to pay bail if they needed to because they're organized crime practitioners who have made so much buck robbing freight,

Well, I posted the wrong article, earlier. Here's the correct one.

3 hours ago, Jotari said:

Robbing freight doesn't sound like it'd be something that directly results from a lack of bail. Like, let's face it, robbing freight isn't exactly petty crime. It's probably a job with an inside man or something or performed by people who really know what they're doing. People who would probably be able to pay bail if they needed to because they're organized crime practitioners who have made so much buck robbing freight,

But you're right in the sense that this is an organized attempt if dozens of freight cars are being broken into on an regular basis. And for some reason, there's an trend of an lot of charges getting reduced or dropped entirely.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering Greenberg was in his own campaign office... it's almost a guarantee thing the shooter knew. On the subject, he's seemingly already in custody:

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/news/crime/2022/02/14/quintez-brown-accused-shooting-louisville-mayor-candidate-craig-greenberg/6790409001/

Federal Judge denies Trump's attempt to avoid January 6 lawsuits:

https://businessinsider.mx/judge-rules-trump-can-be-sued-over-capitol-riot-2022-2/?r=US&IR=T

Concurrently, a New York State Judge does the same to his attempt to avoid subpoenas from the investigation into his tax records:

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/594929-trump-may-not-be-teflon-after-all-judge-orders-him-to-comply-with-subpoenas

1 minute ago, Armchair General said:

I won't be surprised if this goes beyond Biden's stay in office, at this rate.

With the current political climate, there's already a good chance it might not make it past this year's midterms. Some GOPs have already threatened to jail the committee members if they regain the majority in the chambers. The committee has already stated they'd send everything to the DOJ during the Summer, so... we'll see, I guess.

Since the truckers' attempt in Canada led to frozen bank accounts and towed vehicles, our American counterparts have set aside their differences to launch their  own convoy starting from an location that I can't be bothered to look up in California and traveling along I-40 to Washington D.C. in attempt to protest the Covid mandates, which are on the verge of being lessened in certain states.

Next week's forecast includes local gas shortages, Trump being blamed for this, several people losing their rigs and possibly being arrested (Yes, D.C. has the authority to tow your legally parked car whenever an emergency Senate session is declared), the inevitable noise pollution, and the economic collapse of immediate area around the White House.

But seriously, this is doomed to go up in flames...Aside from being an boon to local gas and food sales. I'm half-expecting for the National Guard to get involved.

Turns out that around 700 guardsmen have been deployed

Edited by Armchair General