General US Politics

Ansem

Well, the good news is the guy who impregnated that 10 year old girl in Ohio has finally been brought to justiceBut Ohio's attorney general and some other conservatives was convinced that this was an hoax until now.

Between this and the mask mandates that are on the horizon, the next couple of months are going to be hectic

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

Well, the good news is the guy who impregnated that 10 year old girl in Ohio has finally been brought to justiceBut Ohio's attorney general and some other conservatives was convinced that this was an hoax until now.

The ones that thought the story was made up are the karmic good end, then. Because the rest would convince her of the "benefits of raising children" These people insist there is an exception for if the girl's life was in danger (as if the rape itself doesn't quantify as life being in danger), but somehow I doubt we'd ever see this exception play out in their America. The pro-life position, just like rape, is about control. Two means to one end.

On 7/12/2022 at 10:41 AM, Lord Raven said:

mississippi, nevada, and new mexico are in the same tier. those are the fastest that come to mind.

Well of course New Mexico's education is bad. Its teachers keep on quitting to become drug dealers

(yes it took me like half a week to come up with that one).

12 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

The ones that thought the story was made up are the karmic good end, then. Because the rest would convince her of the "benefits of raising children" These people insist there is an exception for if the girl's life was in danger (as if the rape itself doesn't quantify as life being in danger), but somehow I doubt we'd ever see this exception play out in their America. The pro-life position, just like rape, is about control. Two means to one end.

Another thing to consider is that who's going to financially support them if they somehow force the kid to keep the child and the father is locked away in prison, being mauled by his cellmates?

And it's worth noting that the youngest mother on record was an 5 year old who had to undergo an C-section.

4 hours ago, Armchair General said:

Another thing to consider is that who's going to financially support them if they somehow force the kid to keep the child and the father is locked away in prison, being mauled by his cellmates?

No no no, you're thinking of the aftermath. You're not supposed to do that. You're supposed to just be glad the child is born, a life has been saved and laugh at the libs that got owned.

What's weird is that apparently the mother of the 10 year is defending the guy that supposedly confessed to being the rapist and that he was wrongly listed as a 17 year old by the doctor of the girl. Has there been any mention as to why she's defending the guy? 

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

1 hour ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

What's weird is that apparently the mother of the 10 year is defending the guy that supposedly confessed to being the rapist and that he was wrongly listed as a 17 year old by the doctor of the girl. Has there been any mention as to why she's defending the guy? 

I really have no idea why she's trying to defend him; there might be something else going on between those two, but only time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Armchair General said:

If the thought of living in an theocracy isn't enough to scare people, I don't know what will

It's less about whether the populace fears a theocracy and more about what it's going to take to for more and more people to see where the Republican party wants to go. A good portion of their base knows and it's what they want too.

6 hours ago, Armchair General said:

If the thought of living in an theocracy isn't enough to scare people, I don't know what will

Health care. Much scarier than a theocracy.

12 hours ago, Jotari said:

Health care. Much scarier than a theocracy.

Obligatory reminder that Fundie Christians don't believe life is supposed to be good or that we should be trying to improve society.

They think Satan is Prince of 'The World.' Getting into Heaven is the only thing that matters. And that life on Earth is just supposed to be a crucible of suffering and evil temptations to see who's worthy of getting there. 
___

Healthcare. Political Economy. Civil Rights. Science and the Arts.

Every measure of living standards will go down and every metric of social progress will move backwards if they keep getting more power. 

Edited by Shoblongoo

21 minutes ago, Shoblongoo said:

Obligatory reminder that Fundie Christians don't believe life is supposed to be good or that we should be trying to improve society.

They think Satan is Prince of 'The World.' Getting into Heaven is the only thing that matters. And that life on Earth is just supposed to be a crucible of suffering and evil temptations to see who's worthy of getting there. 
___

Healthcare. Political Economy. Civil Rights. Science and the Arts.

Every measure of living standards will go down and every metric of social progress will move backwards if they keep getting more power. 

Bizarrely this has made them less anti sematic though. As they literally believe Jews gaining control of Israel will end the world, and that this is a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Path forward looking a little bit clearer today.

Yesterday Kansas (a state not exactly known as a left-wing bastion) got 900,000+ voters to the polls in an off-year midterm primary. (i.e. closer to the turnout of presidential elections than to what Kansas usually sees in midterms)

They did it by putting a measure on the ballot for voters to decide whether or no abortion should be a protected constitutional right in the Kansas State Constitution.

And it wasn't even close--Democrats crushed it.
__

Thats the way.  Get that measure on November's general election ballot in every state.

Thats how Democrats turn out their midterm vote, keep The House, and take The Senate. 

(relying on Democrats to campaign smartly--what could possibly go wrong???[/s]) 

Edited by Shoblongoo

While no doubt there was a surge of Democrat turnout, I would also think that the decision on Roe did had an impact on part of the remaining voting base.

Compared to the 2020 numbers, the vote for the ammendment only got around half the votes that Trump did, so there was clearly a shift there.

From the night that draft opinion leaked:

On 5/2/2022 at 7:33 PM, Zapp Branniglenn said:

I don't think this country is ready for the massive scale of incoming protests. And I don't think the Republican party is aware of the massive platform they just handed their opponents. 

Abortion is not a Democratic vs Republican issue, however, and I'm hoping the Kansas decision can make that a little more clear. Most people, even people who would never even think of seeking out an abortion themselves, are in support of a basic human right to choose. But seeing as how all the damage is being done by one political party, this is a crucial (and free!) moment for Dems to pull ahead through basic messaging. Do not let people forget how we got here.

2 hours ago, Shoblongoo said:

Imagine fucking up so badly that you turn Kansas blue in an off-year primary, with a 1st term Democrat in the White House at 38% approval. 

Enjoy it while it lasts, man. I doubt if the trend will continue for the rest of the country.

39 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

Enjoy it while it lasts, man. I doubt if the trend will continue for the rest of the country.

Kansas is prettyyyyyy deep red.

If we're putting up those kinda numbers there; thats a good harbinger for races like Michigan and Pennsylvania 

I've seen folks take a guess that the GOP were simply caught with their pants down, thinking this as an easy win in an easy state. Or that the pro-choice movement out-spent them on ads. Totally untrue. The archdiocese of Kansas alone nearly spent double the cumulative donations of Planned Parenthood. 

Now wait a minute, aren't churches prohibited from donating to politicians and PACs? That's what I thought too, but this being a simple ballot initiative lets them get around that. Wow, even with a loophole allowing the financial support of the Roman Catholic Church, they still managed to lose? That's an underdog win if I've ever heard it.

Right now, I'm following this.

Basically, this is an auto shop that's licensed to make an certain version of the Batmobile at an large price tag. Some rich guy in California missed an payment and his car was moved back from being first in line to dead last. This didn't sit well with him, so he allegedly got the local sheriff to raid the auto shop, which is in Indiana.

According to the video, the owner's bank account was frozen and he's being charged with two felonies...All because his customer missed an payment and was livid about it. Of course, there's probably some more stuff going on behind the scenes; but filing criminal charges feels like an step too far.

2 hours ago, Lord Raven said:

Yooo they raised Cheeto cucks house

Mixed with a bunch of other Dark Brandon-isms

God bless

I thought that was mostly about him taking some paperwork that was supposed to stay with the government? And it's hilarious how the usual suspects are freaking out over it, though.

Oh, and someone is trying to pick an gunfight with the FBI up in Ohio. I won't be surprised if he gets killed and turned into an bogeyman by the people who run this country

Edited by Armchair General

One thing I found interesting from the FBI raid is that now the right is also chanting to defund law enforcement.

The left calls for that due to an abundance of cops killing unarmed people that didn't pose the perceived threat.

The right calls for that because their god emperor was raided.

Then when you look at what conservatives are doing in European countries with better health care and it's amazing to see how much closer we are to Fascism than them. Just amazing how pathetic the American right is and how weak the Democrats have to be that they can't end the Republican party.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque