General US Politics

Ansem

Do you remember when this place was FESS?

Or the old BBS styles of posting?

Uh, no... I said I was on forums for twelve years, not that I was on THIS forum for that long. Sorry for not being specific. But yes, this is very off topic, so moving on.

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People can change and learn from their mistakes over time. I don't know if Trump has, but Hillary hasn't seemed to in my eyes.

All I see from him is being very loud, vocal, and has a lack of intelligence.

He likes saying "I'm smart" and "people are jealous of me". He changes his positions constantly to appeal to a crowd.

He embodies the stereotype of the rich white man that has no interest in understanding or empathy for those he interacts with.

On a personal level, I don't like his values. Being in the South, many of the people here side with the Republican values that usually coincides with the churches people go to... and yet he embodies none of them despite being supported here.

He has an utter lack of respect for women. He shifts blame or negative light to someone else.

To me, that's the big signs of a con man.

I know both candidates suck... but I'd rather have a crook that might have the country's best interests at heart than an idiot who can't even comprehend how things work and says he does.

It's a matter of what you're willing to gamble with.

Edited by shadowofchaos

It's still not more crooked than ACTUALLY BREAKING THE LAW and leaving four Americans to die. Also, Hillary wants to endanger Americans further by letting in all the terrorists. Trump wants to secure the borders and keep them all out. It should be obvious who I feel safer with right now.

So from the virtually endless list of things you could rightfully hold against Hillary you pick the one that can safely be classified as "conspiracy bullshit".

Tell me more.

So from the virtually endless list of things you could rightfully hold against Hillary you pick the one that can safely be classified as "conspiracy bullshit".

Tell me more.

Tell you about what exactly? I don't really wish to talk about this though, as I always find it so utterly boring. I really only came into the thread to point out what I pointed out to Lord Raven, I never meant to get into a big conversation. Sorry about this.

More crooked than someone who's broken the law and is being investigated by the FBI? I don't think so. Trump's had some bankuptcies and is a hot head who may be full of himself sometimes, but he's no criminal like Hillary. He doesn't even smoke, drink, or do any drugs.

Do your research.

There are shady things about both Trump and Clinton. He's not superior to her in terms of "not being a criminal". The FBI cleared Clinton in terms of the email scandals. Repeatedly. From what I heard, both the Trump Foundation and Clinton Foundation are questionable. Trump doesn't pay taxes or his workers. He's got several sexual assault accusations lobbed in his direction, and yeah I know it's innocent before proven guilty but it's pretty terrifying ... and he did say what he did on that tape.

A hothead who may be full of himself sometimes should not be president of fucking anything. As far as I'm concerned, being a hothead eliminates you on the spot because a world leader needs to be able to keep their cool. Not cry that everything is rigged against them the moment things do not go their way. Or have to have their online privileges confiscated from them like a grounded child.

One is backed by the corporations, the other is the corporations!

I'm gonna come out and say I voted for Hillary. After about five minutes of giggling to myself about how we got to this point. I also voted to legalize medical marijuana in my state because why is any form of marijuana illegal in the first place.

I have, thanks.

You don't even use Serenes Forest, the site you are on, to research FE-related things before spouting out things that aren't true in the games and then refusing to budge against people telling you that you were mistaken and posting proof of it. Give me one reason why I should believe you.

Changing the topic slightly, I was very strongly considering voting this election year. But then I realized that I wouldn't just be voting for president, there are a lot of propositions I'd have to vote for in my state. I did, like, zero research on any of it because I've been just wishing this entire election cycle would end already. I don't have enough time to go to a polling booth today anyway. Hope my state can carry without me! :XD:

Speaking of Teump, what really shocks me is that people actually believe that Trump will be able stop terrorists from entering the country.

Things like banning all Mulisms from entering the US and the Wall blocking Mexico making them pay for it are utterly impossible. Those are hollow promises and will never come true, but people believe in them because they don't understand how politics and the Congress works.

Edited by Water Mage

As a citizen of the land of crumpets and tea, I feel that both candidates are pretty shocking in their own ways - neither would really have a chance over here.

Hillary's emails, hidden agendas and foreign policies are pretty horrendous, there's some serious questions that really need answering from her. I'd have much preferred to see Sanders run, but he's probably too far left (by virtue of being moderately to the right) for the US.

However, Trump really lacks the integrity of character and ability to engage in diplomacy that the president of the US would need to. He wouldn't only lead the country, but he would be representing it on a world stage. It's one thing to be misunderstood, but to lash out at anyone who disagrees with him is not a desirable quality for a president to have. There's also his attitudes towards taxation and climate change which are rather concerning - I'm not sure that he realises that the US isn't a business.

In short, both candidates have their flaws, but I feel that whilst Hillary has her dodgy dealings, Trump has a whole plethora of flaws and faulty policies that may sound appealing but aren't economically viable. But I'll see how it goes, I can always hope Kanye wins!

I more or less want to say a few things, but...

It's still not more crooked than ACTUALLY BREAKING THE LAW

Um... Frump's commited perjury himself, you know. Plus I'm pretty sure fraud and sexual assault counts as breaking the law.

and leaving four Americans to die.

That's more of the fault of the majority of Congress that opted to cut military spending than it is a fault of the woman who pushed to prevent said spending cuts from happening.

Also, Hillary wants to endanger Americans further by letting in all the terrorists.

Providing a safe haven for victims of terrorism hardly equates to "letting in terrorists."

Trump wants to secure the borders and keep them all out.

By doing stuff that's more liable to rile up anyone. Case in point: Promising to get Mexico to pay for the expansion of a wall, despite the Mexican President having already said "no" to that.

I only brought up the smoking, drinking, and drugs as an example to show how far Trump really is from being as messed up as Hillary.

Even if they're legal, those things can still mess you up.

Hillary's not the demagogue who possesses a temperament that's literally a security risk. Nor is she the one who threatened democracy itself and the rights it grants. Those speak for themselves about how messed up anyone is.

I think they're both horrible. Furthermore, I'm more likely to die by simultaneously being bitten by a rattlesnake and having a billboard fall on me than for my state to vote Republican (let alone Trump). Thus, I'll be voting for neither.

As a citizen of the land of crumpets and tea, I feel that both candidates are pretty shocking in their own ways - neither would really have a chance over here.

Hillary's emails, hidden agendas and foreign policies are pretty horrendous, there's some serious questions that really need answering from her. I'd have much preferred to see Sanders run, but he's probably too far left (by virtue of being moderately to the right) for the US.

However, Trump really lacks the integrity of character and ability to engage in diplomacy that the president of the US would need to. He wouldn't only lead the country, but he would be representing it on a world stage. It's one thing to be misunderstood, but to lash out at anyone who disagrees with him is not a desirable quality for a president to have. There's also his attitudes towards taxation and climate change which are rather concerning - I'm not sure that he realises that the US isn't a business.

In short, both candidates have their flaws, but I feel that whilst Hillary has her dodgy dealings, Trump has a whole plethora of flaws and faulty policies that may sound appealing but aren't economically viable. But I'll see how it goes, I can always hope Kanye wins!

Clinton pretty much conspired to get the Democratic nomination since 2008. If Biden had actually run, I think he would have been winning this in a landslide against Trump.

Trump really won because there were too many candidates in the primary splitting both the traditional Republican and Tea Party wings, letting Trump win by a plurality and gaining momentum as the rest dropped out. If Cruz, Rubio, or Kasich was the nominee, I think they would have defeated Hillary in a landslide. Maybe the wings will have a pre-primary to prevent something like this in the future.

But we wound up with these two terrible candidates, and will have to live with them for at least the next 4 years. Hopefully they don't mess up the country too much. Here's hoping to a split Congress. Neither of the major parties earned my vote, and I won't validate them by voting for either.

I think they're both horrible. Furthermore, I'm more likely to die by simultaneously being bitten by a rattlesnake and having a billboard fall on me than for my state to vote Republican (let alone Trump). Thus, I'll be voting for neither.

Third Party or not at all? I voted Gary Johnson at the top of the ballot and split the rest between Democrats and Republicans. I actually had one candidate come to my door yesterday. Thankfully, I had already voted for her, or it would have been awkward.

Trump really won because there were too many candidates in the primary splitting both the traditional Republican and Tea Party wings, letting Trump win by a plurality and gaining momentum as the rest dropped out.

Even though he's basically been doing candidate-disqualifying crud (e.g., Muslim ban, and that invitation to Russia to hack the U.S. government's servers) before he got the nomination?

Right, that settles it. You guys should just vote me for president. I'm not a politician, so I've never been part of the "in-crowd", but I'm not a businessman (or business person) either. I've never been involved in any scandals whatsoever, N-O-N-E W-H-A-T-S-O-E-V-E-R and sex is a silly thing that's a distraction to the real issues of this campaign as well! I think building walls is a stupid idea and believe that we should curb global warming, and that ethnicity and gender and identity matters! I may not have the best temperament, but the American people voted Trump so clearly that's not something they're majorly concerned about :P:

Trump really won because there were too many candidates in the primary splitting both the traditional Republican and Tea Party wings, letting Trump win by a plurality and gaining momentum as the rest dropped out. If Cruz, Rubio, or Kasich was the nominee, I think they would have defeated Hillary in a landslide. Maybe the wings will have a pre-primary to prevent something like this in the future.

I'm not sure how accurate this is- it's what pundits were theorizing, but Rubio(and Kasich after that) never were in a position to really challenge Trump even once all the other candidates were gone. Cruz was the only real competition and he's also from the Tea Party wing. I think the balance of power has shifted in the GOP where the Tea Party is new majority and the establishment Republicans are the minority.

But you basically have the white Kanye West in Donald Trump

You don't even use Serenes Forest, the site you are on, to research FE-related things before spouting out things that aren't true in the games and then refusing to budge against people telling you that you were mistaken and posting proof of it. Give me one reason why I should believe you.

I would explain why you should believe me, but that's not the topic of this thread. However, I will say that I DO use SF on occasion for information. Otherwise, I use the FE Wiki instead. Both have things that the other doesn't, so...

To be fair, Kasich's chances were pretty poor. He only just beat Rubio even though he resigned 2 months before him. Trump managed to take about 44% even with so many candidates. If there had been fewer candidates I'd be hard pressed to believe Trump wouldn't have gotten at least some of the remaining 56%.

Biden wouldn't have been bad at all, he had a far cleaner sheet than Hillary and he'd probably catch a lot more of the swing voters. Still, can't blame him for not running!

Right, that settles it. You guys should just vote me for president. I'm not a politician, so I've never been part of the "in-crowd", but I'm not a businessman (or business person) either. I've never been involved in any scandals whatsoever, N-O-N-E W-H-A-T-S-O-E-V-E-R and sex is a silly thing that's a distraction to the real issues of this campaign as well! I think building walls is a stupid idea and believe that we should curb global warming, and that ethnicity and gender and identity matters! I may not have the best temperament, but the American people voted Trump so clearly that's not something they're majorly concerned about :P:

You need to be 35.

I'm not sure how accurate this is- it's what pundits were theorizing, but Rubio(and Kasich after that) never were in a position to really challenge Trump even once all the other candidates were gone. Cruz was the only real competition and he's also from the Tea Party wing. I think the balance of power has shifted in the GOP where the Tea Party is new majority and the establishment Republicans are the minority.

By that point, Trump had built up his lead. I meant the field was crowded early, so you had a dozen candidates, and Trump stood out from the rest, so he was able to win win 25-30% of the vote. If there had been only 3-4 candidates, he would have had tougher competition.

To be fair, Kasich's chances were pretty poor. He only just beat Rubio even though he resigned 2 months before him. Trump managed to take about 44% even with so many candidates. If there had been fewer candidates I'd be hard pressed to believe Trump wouldn't have gotten at least some of the remaining 56%.

Biden wouldn't have been bad at all, he had a far cleaner sheet than Hillary and he'd probably catch a lot more of the swing voters. Still, can't blame him for not running!

Trump got momentum by winning early primaries by a plurality. Once a candidate wins states early, he starts to attract more votes as people coalesce around the candidate.