General US Politics

Ansem

If Cruz, Rubio, or Kasich was the nominee, I think they would have defeated Hillary in a landslide.

Every time I hear the name of Ted Cruz I'm actually glad that Trump and Hellary are the nominees because that means Cruz isn't. Dude's the biggest sack of shit ever.

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to be 35.

Why the fuck did you even respond to that with that of all things like I was even being serious :|

Edited by Sunwoo

Why though? This is something that always confused me.

The official reason is that you need to reach a certain level of maturity before running for that office. For Senate, you need to be 30, and 25 for the House.

Every time I hear the name of Ted Cruz I'm actually glad that Trump and Hellary are the nominees because that means Cruz isn't. Dude's the biggest sack of shit ever.

He's not my first choice either, but he's better than the current candidates.

I knew you were joking but the age of candidacy being 35 still confuses me.

I imagine it's because an older person would likely have more experience, have had more time to pick up experience, and HOPEFULLY have a more evened out and less reactionary temperament. As for why the exact age is 35, I really have no idea, but I think it's in that neighborhood because hopefully someone in their mid-30s would be more mature and qualified and experienced than someone who is, for example, only 27.

The people who are most qualified to be president don't even want the power in the first place anyway, so we all lose.

The people who are most qualified to be president don't even want the power in the first place anyway, so we all lose.

The problem with democracy is that the people who should be least trusted with power are the ones who seek it.

But you basically have the white Kanye West in Donald Trump

Kanye's actually business-savvy (and in a way that doesn't require trampling over thousands of small businesses).

He's also a vocal supporter of LBGT rights, and the BLM movement.

He's intelligent; A & B grades in school and received a scholarship to college (although he dropped out).

He's a self-made millionnaire.

The media loves to hate him but his political stances are very much opposite of Trump's.

Agreed.

He's not my first choice either, but he's better than the current candidates.

Ted Cruz touted the endorsement of someone(Troy Newman) who said that killing abortion doctors was justifiable homicide. http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/ted_cruz_embraces_endorsement_of_activist_who_calls_murder_of_abortion_doctors_justifiable_homicide

But sure, Hillary sending emails that the FBI has cleared again as not illegal is totally worse.

Third Party or not at all? I voted Gary Johnson at the top of the ballot and split the rest between Democrats and Republicans. I actually had one candidate come to my door yesterday. Thankfully, I had already voted for her, or it would have been awkward.

Rest assured, I'll be voting! My local races need to be decided, after all. Still, my district representative choices are. . .poor, to say the least. It's not as bad as the presidential race, but it's far from the ideal choice.

Edited by eggclipse

Ted Cruz touted the endorsement of someone(Troy Newman) who said that killing abortion doctors was justifiable homicide. http://www.thenewcivilrightsmovement.com/davidbadash/ted_cruz_embraces_endorsement_of_activist_who_calls_murder_of_abortion_doctors_justifiable_homicide

But sure, Hillary sending emails that the FBI has cleared again as not illegal is totally worse.

Cruz is towards the bottom of the list, but still above Trump and Clinton. Cruz a piece of shit, but Clinton is a whole shit. I don't really feel like trying to support the guy, since I don't. He's just slightly less bad than the options available.

The FBI investigation seems to be a farce, but relatives with experience in intelligence find her blase attitude about classified info quite troubling, leading to court martial with people who aren't connected politically or at least dishonorable discharge. Her private servers leave her open to hacking, which seems to have already happened.

Rest assured, I'll be voting! My local races need to be decided, after all. Still, my district representative choices are. . .poor, to say the least. It's not as bad as the presidential race, but it's far from the ideal choice.

It seems this is often the case.

The FBI investigation seems to be a farce

I'm pretty much convinced that it is a farce by this point. Especially since each investigation always seems to come up fruitless in regards to evidence that they were deleted with malicious intentions. Heck, looking into Weiner's own PC for duplicates of the said e-mails only ended up with nothing. As far as I'm concerned, if she really was involved in wrongdoing, something would have turned up that would have suggested as such. As opposed to outright negligence.

Not to mention, the investigation itself was supposed to be confidential.

I'm pretty much convinced that it is a farce by this point. Especially since each investigation always seems to come up fruitless in regards to evidence that they were deleted with malicious intentions. Heck, looking into Weiner's own PC for duplicates of the said e-mails only ended up with nothing. As far as I'm concerned, if she really was involved in wrongdoing, something would have turned up that would have suggested as such. As opposed to outright negligence.

Not to mention, the investigation itself was supposed to be confidential.

I don't know why intent matters in this case. Reckless negligence is just as bad.

Reeeee Florida make up your mind! On an unrelated note, if Republicans retain control of Congress I hope that Trump doesn't win.

Doesn't the Republican Party hate Trump now? It's far from an ideal result, but would he really be able to get much done?

That subreddit is just so vitriolic and hateful, I hope that doesn't become the norm when the elections are over.

The images or the people commenting on them? Or both?

That subreddit is just so vitriolic and hateful, I hope that doesn't become the norm when the elections are over.

They did give at least one good bit of info: this. Great for dates and all.

Doesn't the Republican Party hate Trump now? It's far from an ideal result, but would he really be able to get much done?

Which is a good thing, any sort of thing that goes against the US' military-industrial complex is good for the rest of the world, Trump could just become another pawn, or he could actively fight the establishment.

The images or the people commenting on them? Or both?

It's all just calling people virgins or retards, the subreddit is very vitriolic.

Edited by Achelexus