General US Politics

Ansem

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming from a very conservative Canadian Province, I'm willing to bet that, if Trump wins, I'll be seeing immigration going to America as well.

I still find it hilarious that a walking meme is on track to become the most powerful man in the world.

Well that answers my question. Fucking hell...

Yep. I've never been ashamed of my race, gender or sexuality before this day, but the second-hand shame I'm feeling is making me nauseous.

Also, Hillary got WA. We're not out of this quite yet...

I must admit, a lot of this feels very personal, speaking as a woman. Not that Hillary was the ideal candidate, but it does feel (and is somewhat backed up by what opinion pieces I've read) that a good portion of Trump supporters were voting from a misogynistic standpoint. And who knows what the Supreme Court could do to women's rights.

Do you think California will secede and become the Republic of California?

Can we take Oregon and Washington too? :P Edited by Res

Fox seems to claim Wisconsin for Trump. So I think it's over. we deserve this

Yep, he's got a solid lead there.

I must admit, a lot of this feels very personal, speaking as a woman. Not that Hillary was the ideal candidate, but it does feel (and is somewhat backed up by what opinion pieces I've read) that a good portion of Trump supporters were voting from a misogynistic standpoint. And who knows what the Supreme Court could do to women's rights.

Don't you know? It's alright to be a xenophobic, corrupt sexual predator just as long as you're not a woman. I mean, you don't want one hitting that time of the month and starting WW3 /s.

Edited by The Blind Idiot God

Can we take Oregon and Washington too? :P

Why are they voting from a misogynistic standpoint? Are they gonna steal rights from women? This is the weirdest paranoia in this election by far.

As one who didn't have a horse in the race and was resigned to the fact I wouldn't like either candidate as president. Remember: this too shall pass. If Trump is as bad as people predict, he will be out in 4 years.

Here's to surviving?!

I have never felt my white privilege (and hetero-appearing privilege) so keenly. My heart is breaking for most of my friends.

I think we'll be okay. We've made it this far, and the Democrats will still have filibuster power to prevent anything overly egregious.

Why are they voting from a misogynistic standpoint? Are they gonna steal rights from women? This is the weirdest paranoia in this election by far.

They're literally voting in someone who was recorded outright saying he sexually assaults women. He's also anti-abortion.

"Vote cheating" "power hungry" "manipulating"

[citation needed]

Why do you speak? You just perpetually say nothing.

Cruz is a much bigger piece of shit than Clinton or Trump.

Hold on, did I get the whole fiasco with Bernie wrong or they do not talk about it in America? And who care about Cruz, man.

If we see laws affecting access to contraception and Plan B, I do see that as affecting women's rights, yes.

I also see, from a non-legal perspective, this granting validity to sexism (especially in the workplace) and sexual harassment. I mean, if the president thinks it's okay...

It doesn't look to get much press, but sadly, it looks like Nebraska has reinstated the Death Penalty, which greatly saddens me.

Damn those nearly seventy-year-old women on their periods!

Still have a period at 70 is quite the accomplishment. At that rate, I could have like 30 kids.

I think we'll be okay. We've made it this far, and the Democrats will still have filibuster power to prevent anything overly egregious.

They won't have the white house. They won't have the senate. They won't have the house of representatives. The supreme court will be conservative. They won't hold most state governments. They won't be able to stop anything that doesn't require a super majority.

You didn't really watch the tapes if you honestly believes he "admitted to sexually assaulting women".

I had a response for this, but whatever. I already did this with tuvarkz and I don't much feel like banging my head against that particular wall again.

I mean, if the president thinks it's okay...

Not on this particular issue, but people give the president waaaaay to much credit, for like, everything.

We have three branches of govt for a reason, and our individual local/state govts affect us exponentially more as individuals.

No matter who wins, I think we'll all get along. I also don't believe in running, because if you love the US you stick with it and try to make it better. There's being loyal to the government and then loyal to your country, which are completely different things.