General US Politics

Ansem

Someone said this a few pages ago, but where are the Trump supports that were on this thread? Like Ana and that Turkvaz or something guy. I really want to know what they think of this.

I was going to wait a year before judging Trump's govern, but he fucked up royally this time.

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that Pence tweet is real. I linked it a while back. What a guy.

3 hours ago, BBM said:

Pretty sure the GOP game here is to impeach Trump at some point and then install Pence as President lol.

It was difficult for me to understand how Republicans could have voted for Trump until Trump's first week to be honest. It took that to make me realize how little empathy they have and how hypocritical they are. That Pence tweet above is one, Trump voters being okay with him having a private email server while lambasting Hillary for it is another.

Paul Ryan tweeting about making sure the millions of lives lost in the Holocaust never happens again while Trump signs an executive order banning refugees is probably the height of it, so far anyways.

That last EO also bans American permanent residents/green card holders if they happen to be in any of the 7 targeted Muslim countries at the moment by the way...

Republicans would vote for Hillary Clinton if she had no relation to the Democrats and ran as a Republican. They couldn't care less about principles, it's about "winning" and "the liberal tears" and probably not much else. How any evangelicals could vote for Donald "Grab them by the pussy" Trump is beyond me. I guess you got your answer to when you said that "do people in the states just think that other countries opinions of them don't matter", considering how he seems to be inflaming relationships as expected with countries like Mexico, China, etc and quite a few Trump supporters like it because they think they're so awesome they can do a backflip while drunk.

By the way, claims of political dissidents in Russia getting killed in connections to that MI6 report... just a coincidence as always trying to undermine Uncle Vlad I'm certain.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/28/trump-to-call-putin-as-former-kgb-chief-linked-to-controversial-dossier-is-found-dead-6411676/

Edited by Tryhard

3 hours ago, BBM said:

Pretty sure the GOP game here is to impeach Trump at some point and then install Pence as President lol.

It was difficult for me to understand how Republicans could have voted for Trump until Trump's first week to be honest. It took that to make me realize how little empathy they have and how hypocritical they are. That Pence tweet above is one, Trump voters being okay with him having a private email server while lambasting Hillary for it is another.

Paul Ryan tweeting about making sure the millions of lives lost in the Holocaust never happens again while Trump signs an executive order banning refugees is probably the height of it, so far anyways.

That last EO also bans American permanent residents/green card holders if they happen to be in any of the 7 targeted Muslim countries at the moment by the way...

Or how ill-informed they were. I posted a bunch of tweets of them being mad at Trump for what amounts to fulfilling his campaign promises.

yeah I saw those

imo it was an unheralded victory for the GOP to get the Affordable Care Act colloquially known as Obamacare. Democrats tried to make it a positive thing but clearly their efforts failed. 

Edited by BBM

Tryhard - what a coincidence, indeed.

21 minutes ago, BBM said:

yeah I saw those

imo it was an unheralded victory for the GOP to get the Affordable Care Act colloquially known as Obamacare. Democrats tried to make it a positive thing but clearly their efforts failed. 

Yes. I never referred to it as Obamacare myself for that very reason.

For any lurking Republicans, Trump's ban includes NO countries from which terrorists in the U.S. have hailed.

Iran responded with a similar ban on U.S. visitors that will stay in place until Trump removes the ban on their country.  Anyone with a valid Iranian visa is still allowed.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-immigration-iran-idUSKBN15C0NR?il=0

[Full statement posted by Javad Zarif.]

page 1: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3SMZjFWMAIgUOh.jpg

page 2: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3SMZjBWYAAnyOR.jpg

Edited by Sarracenia

I have a friend that lives kinda close to there, though I don't have much else to say.

There seems to be some very obstructionist protesting in JFK and Dulles right in DC. My cousin's actually at the one in Dulles. It's pretty great!

Also, I have a friend (he was Blacken on these forums a long long time ago) who is trying to work on this.

5 hours ago, BBM said:

yeah I saw those

I'm not sure I understand what you mean.  The ACA passed without any votes for the GOP.  The Dems had a filibuster proof majority until Ted Kennedy died in 2009.

31 minutes ago, The Blind Idiot God said:

I'm glad that no one was injured.  I condemn any acts of violence by anyone against anyone.  Calls to violence only escalate violence and lead to retribution from both sides.  We need to stop the cycle of violence, now.

@Rezzy I believe BBM meant that the GOP were successful in getting everyone to call it Obamacare; the name went a long way towards turning people off it (as was evident by the number of people who said they hated Obamacare when they actually benefited from the ACA).

So I've heard that a judge nullified the muslim ban or at the very least stopped the ones at the US from being deported. Is it true?

And how did Trump respond? He couldn't have accepted this defeat gracefully.

Edited by Water Mage

Yesterday, Rudy Giuliani says Trump initially asked him for a way to ban Muslims legally.  I'm sure this has been revealed before but this is probably the latest statement.

https://youtu.be/XDR2-WtK8fY?t=3m30s

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

So I've heard that a judge nullified the muslim ban or at the very least stopped the ones at the US from being deported. Is it true?

And how did Trump respond? He couldn't have accepted this defeat gracefully.

The ruling allows immigrants affected by the ban to stay if they have a valid visa or if they are in transit.

Trump posted this on his Twitter page over the past few hours.  He might say something else about it as the day goes on.

"Our country needs strong borders and extreme vetting, NOW. Look what is happening all over Europe and, indeed, the world - a horrible mess!"  "Christians in the Middle-East have been executed in large numbers. We cannot allow this horror to continue!" "Somebody with aptitude and conviction should buy the FAKE NEWS and failing @nytimes and either run it correctly or let it fold with dignity!" -Donald Trump

Edited by Sarracenia

16 minutes ago, Res said:

Yes; the judge stopped people who had already arrived from being denied entry, but people who are due to travel back to the U.S. soon are still advised not to do so.

This is what Trump had to say.

China military official saying war with U.S. turning into a reality.

Wow, I knew he wouldn't react well, but he literally threw a tantrum.

And damn, things are crumbling faster than I thought. And any war that the US enters now because of Trump, the US are sure to lose since half of country will refuse to fight.

And it seems to me that he honestly thinks that mass media speaking of a president is something new. This sort of thing has been happening for years.

2 minutes ago, Sarracenia said:

Yesterday, Rudy Giuliani says Trump initially asked him for way to ban Muslims legally. I'm sure this has been revealed before but this is probably the latest statement.

https://youtu.be/XDR2-WtK8fY?t=3m30s

The ruling allows immigrants affected by the ban to stay if they have a valid visa or if they are in transit.

Trump posted this on his Twitter page over the past few hours. He might say something else about it as the day goes on.

"Our country needs strong borders and extreme vetting, NOW. Look what is happening all over Europe and, indeed, the world - a horrible mess!" "Christians in the Middle-East have been executed in large numbers. We cannot allow this horror to continue!" "Somebody with aptitude and conviction should buy the FAKE NEWS and failing @nytimes and either run it correctly or let it fold with dignity!" -Donald Trump

Again, damn, I knew he was pretty much speaking the first thing that came to mind during the election speeches, but this is just sad. He did not think things through.

Edited by Water Mage

It isn't lost on me that the states that would likely be targetted first in any strike are largely blue states (west coastal, and Hawaii), whereas Trump voters are largely ensconced safely within their sparsely populated red states.

I'm wishing I had registered my kids' births with the British government before now. 

6 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Wow, I knew he wouldn't react well, but he literally threw a tantrum.

And damn, things are crumbling faster than I thought. And any war that the US enters now because of Trump, the US are sure to lose since half of country will refuse to fight.

And it seems to me that he honestly thinks that mass media speaking of a president is something new. This sort of thing has been

I'm seriously hoping my none of my family gets roped into this. My family is a military family, so now I'm worried about the actual prospect of war on the horizons. 

12 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

If there ever is war because of Trump, he will end with a double helping, since there will probably be a civil war because of the people who refuse to fight for Trump.

Civil war over a war? Don't be silly. The US have fought wildly unpopular wars before, even with conscription, and will do so again.

3 minutes ago, Excellen Browning said:

Civil war over a war? Don't be silly. The US have fought wildly unpopular wars before, even with conscription, and will do so again.

I did think about that, but considering how many people are vehemently agaisnt Trump, I'm not too sure this time.

German media tend to call Trump unpredictable, but his answer to any kind of negative criticism is about as surprising as a stone falling to the ground when you drop it. It's '[critic] sucks and is totally overrated and a failure, therefore they're wrong and UNFAIR!' every fucking time.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

If there ever is war because of Trump, he will end with a double helping, since there will probably be a civil war because of the people who refuse to fight for Trump.

this happened to russia in World War I, but the us isn't anywhere near that point or else Vietnam or Iraq would have been the breaking point 

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

I did think about that, but considering how many people are vehemently agaisnt Trump, I'm not too sure this time.

I don't know about that. I heard that in the earlier stages of the war even Lincoln was deeply unpopular(though obviously for less justified reasons than Trump) as well and that didn't seem to be a problem when it came to fighting. A war might just increase support for Trump because it can be rationalized as support for the country instead. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor