Best combination of skills that Flannel can get?

Ghostlander

In Invisible Kingdom Flannel can A+ with Nishiki for Breaking Sky and possibly Flamboyant if you desire it, so that's an easy answer for who to A+ with. In Nohr he wants Benoit for Luna, and because Arthur overlaps and Lazward gives nothing of note.

His Hoshido marriage choices are Rinkah and Hana. Ogre Strike could come in handy and Rinkah likes Fighter, although he has good choices from the neutral and Nohr path wives. Azura is good for Swallow Strike to increase his doubling threshold, though she doesn't benefit as much from Flannel's Fighter herself. Mozume is also someone to consider for Prescient Strike to increase his offense - she's another unit who quite likes getting Fighter, too.

From My Castle you can potentially get any skills though, so I'd usually try to pair based on who would benefit the most from their marriage partner's class, as well as mods for the children if you're considering them. Skills that are coming to mind are Swallow Strike, Breaking Sky, Luna, Extravagance, Copycat, and Deadly Breath, though there are probably others he can use well.

For Odin he's like Ophelia in that he can work well in a crit-focused build. He lacks access to Awakening for 30 crit since the Great Lord DLC is apparently female only, but he can pick up a few things. Roundhouse (Charlotte) and Ogre Strike (Avatar - Oni Savage) are two that could be obtained from the Logbook/My Castle. Getting increases for both magic and skill(for crits) is tough, though. Dark Blood is the only pairup that increases both, while Orochi is the only wife whose support bonuses target both. (And in either case it only increases Skill by 1, so if he's a Sorcerer it's not enough to matter) You could bring Arthur as a support unit, since his personal skill decreases critical evade by 15.

Are you asking about the end all be all build for Flannel? I can't give you that; no one can. Rather I can offer advice on what you should do with him on your first go around. I found Flannel to be a pretty good tank. I've modified my personal experience with some more research and I personally like:

S Famui - Priestess

A+ Benoit - Knight

Odd Cry

Four Fang

Magic Counter

Renewal

Defense Formation

Primary Weapon - Guard Stone

Secondary - Beastone+

With this build, Flannel will recover 30% on even turns (Renewal) and 70% on odd turns (Odd Cry + Renewal.) With the lost speed, Defense Formation will prevent being doubled. All of this leads to little damage taken, all recovered. The big issue is his lack of resistance, in which the Magic Counter helps deal with the pesk. Because your focusing more on defense, Four Fang is great for helping add up the damage, specially on enemy turn.

Edited by Xylaugheon Daily

Are you asking about the end all be all build for Flannel? I can't give you that; no one can. Rather I can offer advice on what you should do with him on your first go around. I found Flannel to be a pretty good tank. I've modified my personal experience with some more research and I personally like:

S Famui - Priestess

A+ Benoit - Knight

Odd Cry

Four Fang

Magic Counter

Renewal

Defense Formation

Primary Weapon - Guard Stone

Secondary - Beastone+

With this build, Flannel will recover 30% on even turns (Renewal) and 70% on odd turns (Odd Cry + Renewal.) With the lost speed, Defense Formation will prevent being doubled. All of this leads to little damage taken, all recovered. The big issue is his lack of resistance, in which the Magic Counter helps deal with the pesk. Because your focusing more on defense, Four Fang is great for helping add up the damage, specially on enemy turn.

Hi there, really appreciate this Flannel setup and am eager to try it out once Fates is released. This explanation backing up the skills you've recommended helped a lot too in deciding on playing as a F!Kamui and S supporting Flannel. I was almost considering not having Flannel "buddy support" with anyone in my first playthrough but now I'm definitely going for that A+ support with Benoit!

Hi there, really appreciate this Flannel setup and am eager to try it out once Fates is released. This explanation backing up the skills you've recommended helped a lot too in deciding on playing as a F!Kamui and S supporting Flannel. I was almost considering not having Flannel "buddy support" with anyone in my first playthrough but now I'm definitely going for that A+ support with Benoit!

Oh, wow. Well I'm sure glad I could help and inspire. I hope it works as well in practice as it does on paper, ha! Mine unfortunately did not have Magic Counter or Renewal and was still quite impressive, so I'm certain this build will not disappoint!

Oh, wow. Well I'm sure glad I could help and inspire. I hope it works as well in practice as it does on paper, ha! Mine unfortunately did not have Magic Counter or Renewal and was still quite impressive, so I'm certain this build will not disappoint!

Is that so? If anything, I'd like to try it out. I do like the War Priestess class and would like to try it out for a F!Kamui. If I'm able to get those skills for Flannel, I'll definitely let you know if they work just as well as it sounds here!

I know it's been a while but I'm curious as to how you used Flannel from your experience (skills, classes, etc) if you don't mind.

I know it's been a while but I'm curious as to how you used Flannel from your experience (skills, classes, etc) if you don't mind.

Absolutely. Flannel joins as one of the last units, chapter 14 or 15. I promoted him asap and he did his thing juuust fine 'til he hit 5 (for that Odd Cry.) He was now ready for d'at swap to General thanks to Benoit (and was currently romancing Aqua at B.) As a General his weakness was more apparent (STAY AWAY FROM CASTERS) and while his speed in his starting class is good enough, there was no growth in it and as a General, doubling was common. I pushed all the way to 15 for Pavise. Having Defense Formation was amazing, noticeable immediately. Pavise, not so much. Helped for a few clutch moments, but honestly, it wasn't really worth it. While a General, I made sure to use both axes and lances evenly, so if I went Hero he'd have a good axe rank, and if I went one of the Pegasus routes, lance wouldn't fall short. All of them had skills I'd like, and in theory, would help, but after I got Pavise, I went back to that wolf goodness. And booooy was I glad!

Flannel, in Defensive Stance with General Benoit was just... I cannot explain to you just how fearsome he had become. Damage was laughable, and killing the enemy wasn't difficult. I sent them on their merry little way, alone, assuming there aren't many mages, and never had to worry about them. If I needed to wall up, there are so many tanks that no unit was left unprotected. Flannel ended up being one of my most prized units.

If I were to do this setup again, I'd skip Pavise and perhaps go for Mirror Strike. Pavise didn't trigger enough, nor was the difference noticeable most of the time.

Absolutely. Flannel joins as one of the last units, chapter 14 or 15. I promoted him asap and he did his thing juuust fine 'til he hit 5 (for that Odd Cry.) He was now ready for d'at swap to General thanks to Benoit (and was currently romancing Aqua at B.) As a General his weakness was more apparent (STAY AWAY FROM CASTERS) and while his speed in his starting class is good enough, there was no growth in it and as a General, doubling was common. I pushed all the way to 15 for Pavise. Having Defense Formation was amazing, noticeable immediately. Pavise, not so much. Helped for a few clutch moments, but honestly, it wasn't really worth it. While a General, I made sure to use both axes and lances evenly, so if I went Hero he'd have a good axe rank, and if I went one of the Pegasus routes, lance wouldn't fall short. All of them had skills I'd like, and in theory, would help, but after I got Pavise, I went back to that wolf goodness. And booooy was I glad!

Flannel, in Defensive Stance with General Benoit was just... I cannot explain to you just how fearsome he had become. Damage was laughable, and killing the enemy wasn't difficult. I sent them on their merry little way, alone, assuming there aren't many mages, and never had to worry about them. If I needed to wall up, there are so many tanks that no unit was left unprotected. Flannel ended up being one of my most prized units.

If I were to do this setup again, I'd skip Pavise and perhaps go for Mirror Strike. Pavise didn't trigger enough, nor was the difference noticeable most of the time.

Thank you so much, you were very thorough with explaining everything for Flannel. I'm surprised because I thought Pavise would help him, but the infrequent skill activation doesn't sound promising. So that's definitely good to know, I'll definitely remember that!

Reading up on Mirror Strike, that sounds great especially for casters and the fact that Flannel doesn't seem to have the best resistance growth just by looking at his stats. And it seems that having Pegasus warrior as an option from marriage seal (from Aqua or F!Kamui) seems very beneficial for Flannel to get Mirror Strike.

Once again, you've been really helpful! I really appreciate your feedback always!

Thank you so much, you were very thorough with explaining everything for Flannel. I'm surprised because I thought Pavise would help him, but the infrequent skill activation doesn't sound promising. So that's definitely good to know, I'll definitely remember that!

Reading up on Mirror Strike, that sounds great especially for casters and the fact that Flannel doesn't seem to have the best resistance growth just by looking at his stats. And it seems that having Pegasus warrior as an option from marriage seal (from Aqua or F!Kamui) seems very beneficial for Flannel to get Mirror Strike.

Once again, you've been really helpful! I really appreciate your feedback always!

Of course, always glad to help. If you've anymore questions on Flannel, or any other character, just ask!

I would like to point out that leveling up in General to 15 was beneficial to the necessary stat growths. Switching over to Pegasus will see him at odds in stat growth, as his natural growths are different from the class, meaning a decrease in important stats and a slight increase in things (like speed) that don't exactly support the build. In other words, I'd suggest not spending too much time that route. Also, while Mirror Strike is nice, it is only active during PP and the chances of there being only a single caster to worry about aren't abundant. So I'd only go for it if that were my only option; there are better skills for optimization.