Spoiler Wait how the hell did Kamui get conceived?!

Pepper

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh, I thought you were going to ask how it was possible for Mikoto to get pregnant from a huge ass dragon... who's true form is apparently a shiny balloon.

I'm disappointed son.

Can't agree more though. Who the the flying iff wrote this crap, like, what the hell. It reminds me of Naruto.

Agreed, after the pain arc everything slowly falls apart to shipping and fanservice.

Agreed, after the pain arc everything slowly falls apart to shipping and fanservice.

Fanservice I didn't see it and shipping was more to the end of the series but I still stand by that Naruto has a better plot then IK and that's bloody sad BTW.

Edited by Pepper

This whole thing is a trainwreck.

Sure, ancient gods impregnating people is a thing... But this seems just absurd.

Of course, given

Anankos looks kinda like Robin at least that works...

Meh, game would've been better without the dumb twist. Invert the [Proton] torpedoes. Full speed ahead!

This whole thing is a trainwreck.

Sure, ancient gods impregnating people is a thing... But this seems just absurd.

Of course, given

Anankos looks kinda like Robin at least that works...

Meh, game would've been better without the dumb twist. Invert the [Proton] torpedoes. Full speed ahead!

The plot twist are so shit in the IK.

Embrace me my brother.

Eh, I dunno about shipping, but the fansersive is there, you just have to look at the number of explosion, bs explanation, plotholes... As well as various other things. :p

Does anyone know why Anankos did... pretty much everything he apparently did (Kamui, the war...) ? There's apparently a forgotten debt somewhere, but it's been a while I didn't see anyone explaining about it.

Embrace me my brother.

Eh, I dunno about shipping, but the fansersive is there, you just have to look at the number of explosion, bs explanation, plotholes... As well as various other things. :p

Does anyone know why Anankos did... pretty much everything he apparently did (Kamui, the war...) ? There's apparently a forgotten debt somewhere, but it's been a while I didn't see anyone explaining about it.

I think its the same reason the earth Dragons lost their shit or was it needed to leave their bodies for spirit form all I know is that Anankos is insane and wants to watch the world burn.

Well, yes, there is that…. seeing that Anankos is supposed to have gone insane, in its own way it kind of makes sense that his actions wouldn't make sense, as the mind that's behind the decisions leading to the actions is not a sane one.

Of course, it does lead to some bad or at least awkward writing, so that's still an issue….

Perhaps we'll find out when DLCs and info starts rolling in. And y'know, weirder things have happened. Spawn of Yog-sothoth. As said before, things like this happen in mythology all the time. Does it make sense all the time? No. Is it cool? Hit or miss.

Well, according to the Touma entry on the wiki:

Anankos seems to be partly crazy because his body is dead. And the whole thing about hating humanity, etc.

The Invisible Kingdom does have inhabitants, that's nice to know.

Although it seems like the curse about not being able to talk about the IK comes from Anankos himself ... does that imply it was lifted when Anankos is defeated?

Well, according to the Touma entry on the wiki:

Anankos seems to be partly crazy because his body is dead. And the whole thing about hating humanity, etc.

The Invisible Kingdom does have inhabitants, that's nice to know.

Although it seems like the curse about not being able to talk about the IK comes from Anankos himself ... does that imply it was lifted when Anankos is defeated?

Aqua and Kamui are under a curse from him when they vist the IK which is why they can't speak about the IK for most of the path.

The plot twist are so shit in the IK.

Scratch just the IK, the whole game suffers.

But alas, such is the fate of a game that thinks bringing in a notable author to do the story.

Seen it before, and watched it kill a good series too...

Scratch just the IK, the whole game suffers.

But alas, such is the fate of a game that thinks bringing in a notable author to do the story.

Seen it before, and watched it kill a good series too...

Yea its pretty bad I mean is it bad that I think Treehouse should rewrite the story to you know make it not trash I'm usually not for the dub team to change the script but in this case I think it would help the game, but I know they'll censor things too so its a choice.

Edited by Pepper

The stories don't seem terribly impressive, although I've never been one who has cared much for playing games for their stories… actually, I routinely spoil the stories on purpose long before I play most of them (which would defeat the point of "playing for the story", as I then already know it before I even start the game) and then play them because I enjoy the game for the gameplay.

Yea its pretty bad I mean is it bad that I think Treehouse should rewrite the story to you know make it not trash I'm usually not for the dub team to change the script but in this case I think it would help the game, but I know they'll censor things too so its a choice.

How much are they going to be able to change though? And on top of that what could they do? I don't know the process works but I doubt they could play Mr. Potato Head too much with these games.

How much are they going to be able to change though? And on top of that what could they do? I don't know the process works but I doubt they could play Mr. Potato Head too much with these games.

We know they are gonna tone down alot of the waifu stuff and most likely remove the baths or skinships.

Edited by Pepper

We know they are gonna tone down alot of the waifu stuff and most likely remove the baths or skinships.

Doubtful.

Considering both have been shown off to NA audiences already.

Maybe tone down the dialogue, but any serious change isn't going to happen.

Any noteworthy gameplay alteration? Nope.

They could make Nohr Kamui stop most executions since they're mostly dialogue after the beginning of each one. That'd turn Iago and Gunz into jokes, but it's not like they're developed characters in the first place.

They also easily could make Hoshido seem more aggressive in the Nohr route than in the original script. They're constantly attacking through the Nohr route, and yet all characters still consider them innocents who shouldn't be killed during combat (even the soldiers!). It shouldn't be hard to highlight how the guy who stole the sword and started it all had nothing to do with Nohr, undermining Hoshido's reasoning for war and making the conflict more gray.

Highlighting Hoshido's aggressiveness in the Nohr route also would fix the complaint of invading the country "just" to make Garon sit on a throne. They just need to make Hoshido's attacks seem like a dangerous threat against Nohr's people too, so they wouldn't be invading the country "just" for the Garon reveal, but also to protect Nohr itself. This wouldn't involve changing the actual story at all, just how the characters react to it.

The whole throne stuff seems very hard to get around, but if they make Hoshido more gray it'll be a much more acceptable plot element in the first place.

Also, outright calling the "evil power" that bonds with final boss Takumi by "Anankos" likely would result in much better reactions to Nohr's final battle.

Edited by NeonZ

They could make Nohr Kamui stop most executions since they're mostly dialogue after the beginning of each one. That'd turn Iago and Gunz into jokes, but it's not like they're developed characters in the first place.

They also easily could make Hoshido seem more aggressive in the Nohr route than in the original script. They're constantly attacking through the Nohr route, and yet all characters still consider them innocents who shouldn't be killed during combat (even the soldiers!). It shouldn't be hard to highlight how the guy who stole the sword and started it all had nothing to do with Nohr, undermining Hoshido's reasoning for war and making the conflict more gray.

Highlighting Hoshido's aggressiveness in the Nohr route also would fix the complaint of invading the country "just" to make Garon sit on a throne. They just need to make Hoshido's attacks seem like a dangerous threat against Nohr's people too, so they wouldn't be invading the country "just" for the Garon reveal, but also to protect Nohr itself. This wouldn't involve changing the actual story at all, just how the characters react to it.

The whole throne stuff seems very hard to get around, but if they make Hoshido more gray it'll be a much more acceptable plot element in the first place.

Also, outright calling the "evil power" that bonds with final boss Takumi by "Anankos" likely would result in much better reactions to Nohr's final battle.

Gameplay wise game is great story wise not so much.

Pretty much the same with Awakening. Nice gameplay but a painfully cliche black & white narrative.

Awakening was too easy Hoshido is a better awakening in terms of gameplay balances, Nohr and IK are the best in gameplay.