QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

Desk facing a window, shelves to one side. I'm generally pretty easy to please, but clutter and mess are two things that I don't tolerate. Space for food on the desk is also vital, I'm rather difficult to separate from my work.

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

clean, reasonably large desk (ie not a box)

healthy distance from coworkers (2-3m is okay)

natural lighting and airflow (ac a shit)

monitor turned away from curious eyes

Just a room with good acoustics, maybe a microphone if the room is big.

Since you're probably actually asking about deskwork, no outside noise is all I want. The only thing I want to hear is any music I may be playing. Don't care about anything else.

Reasonably spacious, soundproofed walls, has plenty of ventilation via windows and the like, with a large table capable of holding multiple systems so I can use a desktop and a couple laptops simultaneously. Also, several power outlets all over the room would be ideal. Can only use so many surge protectors.

a desk with roll-out storage space so i can keep the top empty (except laptop) and my storage space clean and organized. natural lighting is best. i don't like silence, so my ideal workroom would have friends or whatever relaxing in the room

Antique work desk, candles and kerosene lamps for light, and general antique decor. Earthy colours all around. Good airflow is a must, of course. Soundproofing would be nice. I'd like it to be reasonably spacious, but not too huge, since I want it to still feel pretty cosy.

I'm actually working towards getting this!

Alt: Vagrant Story's workshops are acceptable too.

Edited by Nightmare

Basically a cpu, desk, and phone. And a power strip and router and modem. I have a more defined and organized layout at work.

Not sure what my best surprise was. Maybe my bro coming home for passover one spring from college when I wasn't expecting him.

bed since i work better laying down, my computers (all 3 of them), also a cintiq, enough space to fit some traditional art shit i guess

also air conditioning, im not lasting in a room with 3 computers without AC in the summer

Edited by Thor Odinson

BRIGHT, HAPPY, VERY DECORATED

everything else is whatever

oh, actually this is quite important as well.

i have a cute little pikachu plush and a tiny rhino plush that sit on my desk. a bunch of space posters overhead. a room devoid of decoration is a very sad room to me. it makes it really hard to actually do work because the atmosphere is so terrible.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

i'm a trinkets kind of guy too, little lego figures and pins and balls and shit, gotta have a little clutter but not too much clutter

also i do better work with a corner desk and a monitor ~90 degrees to my right even if there's nothing on it/i don't use it, weirdly

QUESTION SIX HUNDRED AND EIGHT: Do you put your drinks on coasters, or are you a godless barbarian?

question stands alone.

When I am with my family in indiana I am a godless barbarian, now that I am with new family yes I use coasters

I didn't even know coasters existed back then and what they even were because my family had none and I never heard of them \o/

I'm a godless barbarian who doesn't use coasters.

The only time I've used coasters are in parties.

Q607: Empty space with some LEGO stuff artfully lying around, probably

Q608: COASTERS ALL THE WAY

my parents have kind of drilled the importance of coasters into our heads
even if there aren't easily accessible REAL coasters around, I'll find some workable substitute