QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am a fond of uh or the less common and situationally useful uuh

QUESTION SIX HUNDRED AND TEN: In food, do you pour liquids into solids or dump solids into liquids?

this question adapted from some guy's original question (i don't remember and i'm too lazy to check pm but i think it was pklucas) "do you pour your milk into your cereal, or have you brought shame to the Party?" he's a commie pinko, i guess.

milk into cereal, or cereal into milk? water over ice, or ice into water? the possibilities are endless!

bonus question: post other food/drink things that can go either way like this

Mostly liquids over solids. Pasta comes to mind as something where I put solids into liquids. But I'm careful doing so. Meatballs into a frying pan with sizzling oil is another. With salad, my dad told me (forgot any explanation as to why) to put the olive oil in the bottom of the bowl, then put in the salad, then add the vinegar, so it's solid on liquid and then liquid on solid.

(There isn't a whole lot of olive oil in the salad bowl tho...so it doesn't count for much.)

Edited by Severian

Mostly liquids into solids, but there's some cases where I do solids into liquids (surprisingly, cereal into milk is one I often do because I find it to be more efficient, though I sometimes am even weirder and just eat cereal, then drink milk).

Liquids into solids! Especially milk into cereal, because I miscalculate how much milk I want in there because I judge it by how much cereal I'm having, which I have trouble doing if the cereal isn't even there!

BUT an exception

water over ice, or ice into water?

When I'm at home getting water I put solid into liquid, as in ice into water. When I'm at a restaurant where the ice dispenser dumps a lot of ice at once I put the ice in first so that way I don't accidentally overflow if a dispenser dispenses more than I wanted. So at home it's solid into liquid, when at restaurants it's liquid into solid

609: I use "Hmmm", "uhh", "ehhh" "Well", "Mm" and others very often IRL, since I'm not fantastic with speech and stuff.

610: Liquid into solids for cereal, solid into liquid when I make noodles.

Liquids into solids.

Solids into liquids, you make a mess if there's too much liquid and your solids are now wet if you fuck up. Meaning you cannot put the solids back if you didn't want those solids.

Of course, there are exceptions.