QOTD IV!! 884: Who should be next QOTD master and why, or should it die?

QUESTION SEVEN HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-TWO: Have you ever made it into the news? What for?

I was mentioned in a news story about having five generation of family alive at the same time (my sister had a daughter and they all posed for a photo for a newspaper, I forget which one it was)

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

The news in my area does this short birthday segment where they show photos and the age of people with a birthday on that day, and when I turned 11(iirc), my old lady decided to do have me on it. It was, fortunately, a very uneventful day

Then there was another time I was breifly in the background of someone being questioned, something about gas, I don't remember.

Edited by Soledai

I was mentioned in a news story about having five generation of family alive at the same time (my sister had a daughter and they all posed for a photo for a newspaper, I forget which one it was)

scotsman

Edited by Tryhard

Submitting 'Why do you think NinjaMonkey bothers making bad posts about the thread here?' as the next QOTD, let's get some speculation going

I have loads of theories about this but ill save them for another time. (PM me if interested)

https://vine.co/v/eVAdLBXP7bF

QUESTION SEVEN HUNDRED AND SEVENTY-TWO: Have you ever made it into the news? What for?

Yeah actually. When i was a wee ankle biter in the Days of Yore. The local news did a little story on my school's History Day. (where we all got to dress up like historical figures and junk) I was Sacagawea and did a little interview as to why Sacagawea was a total badass. I used to have the VHS recording of it but i dont anymore. I think i was 8.

Yes, but you could only see my bottom half XD. It was back when I was in elementary school which was... ten years ago? Wow.

My brother also appeared on the news before, but again it was ten years ago.

Kind of related(?) but I am seen in the movie "Hello, My Name is Frank" during the graduation party. Guy with the red shirt walking behind the three actresses: That's me. :)

Edited by Power Master

I have loads of theories about this but ill save them for another time. (PM me if interested)

My theory involves a stolen ShurikenBanana, but we can save those for later.

My sister was riding a horse in one of those filler public interest pieces for a molasses news day when we were smols, and if memory serves, I was namedropped in some district paper for making National Merit Scholarship Semifinals? Thankfully, I haven't had any actual reason to be in the news yet.

I have been pulled up for street opinions and said that 'yeah weed is cool I guess why not legalise it' and I have, uh. Contributed twice to the Guardian football trivia column.

Well, this one time at the beginning of a semester the local TV station was interviewing students at random about their thoughts, or expectations... something about the coming semester. And I happened to be among the interviewed, as I couldn't escape in time to avoid being spotted. Though I didn't got to actually see the broadcast, as the time conflicted with my schedule since I would be in school when it aired.

As a school student, I appeared on TV news once for answering what was at the time an urgent political question regarding education. I only was 15 or so. Much later in university, I was approached by a journalist during a political event but I avoided answering her questions and walked away because university authorities finding out about my participation could very likely get me expelled or given the profs a reason to fail me in their courses. I never checked the news that day, but I figure they opted to exclude me from the programme rather than show my refusal to respond (at least, I never got in trouble for being present and nobody has ever informed me about seeing me on the news again).

I got into the local news several years back for winning the spelling bee in seventh grade.

that's the most alpha nerd thing i'm proud

Not that I know of, no.

I've been in the newspaper though.

the newspaper is a part of the news, you turd