FE10 Background Q and As

VincentASM

Translations aren't word for word, but they convey the general meaning. There are more Q and As than this, but I only picked the most interesting ones.

Q) Is this game harder than Sword of Seals? I only managed to clear Normal mode of that game.

A) If you can clear Sword of Seals's Normal mode, you should be alright with Radiant Dawn's Normal mode. By all means, please play.

Q) There weren't any Arenas in the previous game, Path of Radiance. I was also expecting there to be Arenas in this game, but I was sad to find none in the end. Is there a possibility of Arenas returning in future games?

A) Arenas are very convenient for raising levels, if used well, but they can greatly affect the game's balance and difficulty. In this game, we were unsure whether to keep them or not. However, if the series continues to grow, perhaps they might make a return.

Q) Does the chosen difficulty in Path of Radiance affect anything for the Data Transfer?

A) I'm afraid not.

Q) Is there anything extra after completing the game more than once?

A) After continuing from a cleared game, some new events are added [related to Pelleas and Lehran]. Also new classes will be added to the class roll in the opening demo. However once all of those events have been seen, there is nothing more, regrettably.

Q) Berserkers were great! Why couldn't we recruit Largo?

A) In this game Largo only appears in events and is impossible to recruit. Sorry! However if he reached Level 20 in Path of Radiance and maxed some of his stats, Calill will receive a fixed stat bonus in those stats in this game. So it is almost as if Calill is fighting for Largo...

Q) Can you tell me how Edward joined the Dawn Brigade?

A) The Dawn Brigade is an organisation that has no special requirements to join. It is a mainly a gathered name for those who oppose Begnion's occupation. Edward and Leonardo just accompany Nolan, Sothe and Micaiah.

Q) Who is older out of Aimee and Titania?

A) Titania, by a small amount.

Q) Are Devdan and Danved the same person? If so, why does he deny it? I can't stop thinking about it and I haven't slept for 1 day and 8 hours...

A) Danved, himself, insists he is a different person in the game. Perhaps you are thinking too much...?

Q) How do you recruit Stefan?

A) He is found in the desert sands of the Grann Desert. Just look for him with a Path of Radiance-related character or Micaiah. [implies that you should also try Lethe or Mordecai]

Q) How do you unlock all of the Base conversations? Does it depend on difficulty mode?

A) No, only special criteria such as the life or death of some characters.

Q) About the female thief Heather. What is it with her approaching Nephenee, Ilyana and Lucia like that? It makes me wonder if she is a man-hater and whether she has faced some kind of trauma in the past. I am becoming very concerned and cannot sleep well. Please tell me, what was her role supposed to teach us? orz

A) When a character has some kind of personality, were they like that from birth? [orz is a Japanese emoticon that signifies someone bowing down]

Q) How did Vika encounter Tormod and the others? From her shyness, when handing the Goddess Icon to Micaiah, it seems she must have suffered.

A) She was originally a Laguz slave, before Tormod and the others rescued her from her harsh life.

Q) Is there any difference between Hard and Maniac mode dialogue, and why is it called Maniac mode?

A) The text is the same in both of those modes. It is called Maniac mode as it is designed for those who seek an extreme form of gameplay.

Q) How old are Edward and Leonardo?

A) We cannot answer age questions exactly. However Edward, Leonardo, Rolf and Meg are all around the same age...

Q) In three years, Sothe has grown so much. How old is he exactly? Also, Tormod is supposed to be around the same age as Sothe, but he isn't anywhere near as tall, so what is his age as well?

A) We have ages and heights for all characters, but we apologise that we cannot diclose such information.

Q) For new characters, such as Nolan and Heather, we don't learn much about their background stories. Will their stories be disclosed to the public?

A) Every character has their own background story. If there is an opportunity, we would like to reveal them, but it is still undecided.

Q) Is there a difficulty above Maniac?

A) Regrettably, no. It seems it will be hard to increase the difficulty in the future, as the amount of players who can happily play at such difficulty is limited.

Q) What happened to the support conversations?

A) We considered the difficulty and gameplay of Radiant Dawn and decided that it should be changed so that all characters could support. However because of the vast amount of support combinations, it was impossible to create conversations like those in Path of Radiance.

Q) How do the Laguz lifespans differ?

A) The Beast tribes have 5~6x the average Beorc lifespan, while for the Hawk and Raven tribes it is 10x. Herons live up to 1000 years and Dragons up to 2000 years.

Q) When using the Path of Radiance Data Transfer, will deceased characters return?

A) Yes, they will.

Q) How old are Micaiah, Haar, Titania and Sigrun?

A) Haar and Titania are in their 30's. Sigrun is in her 20's. As for Micaiah, it is a secret...

Q) During the game, Ranulf feels terrible when the Chaotic energies are strong. Does he possess strong Order like the Herons and Mist.

A) That's right. Ranulf's Order is strong, although not as much as Mist's, so he is good at sensing his surroundings and etc.

Q) How much taller are Tormod and Sothe now?

A) Tormod hasn't grown much, but Sothe has grown 10cm. Does he look more greater? (smiles)

Q) I noticed there's some CGs that aren't available in the Sound Room, even though I've seen them in-game. Is there some way to see them?

A) Once you have unlocked the Sound Room, all available CGs will be shown. There are additional CGs, unlocked through certain criteria, but they often contain spoilers so we didn't include them in the Sound Room.

Q) When a character Levels up, it can be joyful or sorrowful for me. This time, has it been changed so that you always gain at least one stat during Level Ups?

A) Yes, zero-stat Level Ups do not occur in this game.

Q) There are many characters in this game, but who's the staff favourite?

A) It's hard to say, because many of the staff have different favourites. Amongst the designer team, Meg is probably the most popular though.

Q) Tibarn, Janaff and Ulki were together since their feathers hadn't even grown. However their appearances are quite different, so are their ages really that similar?

A) The three Hawks' age differences are so slight that they're practically all the same age. The order of ages goes from Janaff, Tibarn to Ulki. Tibarn led the Hawks because of his stronger build, while Janaff came from a tribe of smaller Hawks so he's much smaller. Although Ulki looks a little slim, he has the most average build out of the three Hawks.

Q) The Laguz choose their rulers according to strength, but how is the leader of the Herons chosen?

A) For the Beast, Hawk and Raven tribes, their ruler is indeed chosen according to strength. For the Heron and Dragon tribes, it is a little different. White-winged Herons and Black Dragons possess the greatest strength in their tribes, so the ruler is automatically picked from one of them.

Q) How does the Stillness Skill work exactly?

A) Firstly, it doesn't work against boss units at all. Also if the unit with Stillness is the only unit in an enemy's attack range, they will be attacked. Otherwise it's effect is exactly as stated: "Makes user extremely unlikely to be attacked by the enemy."

Q) Who is the Wyvern Rider on the game's boxart?

A) It isn't any specific character, but just a soldier of the Begnion Empire.

Q) Does the opening movie change upon progressing to Part 3? How do you see the original opening movie?

A) That's correct. Upon progressing to Part 3, some extra scenes are added to the opening movie. If you want to see the original, you have to delete all your save files [not 100% sure on this].

Q) How do you raise support levels?

A) By: Participating in the same chapter together, waiting adjacent to each other, rescuing, healing (HP or status) and Shoving/Smiting. Some character pairs may also take longer to increase support level than others.

Edited by VincentASM

A) By: Participating in the same chapter together, waiting adjacent to each other, rescuing, healing (HP or status) and Shoving/Smiting. Some character pairs may also take longer to increase support level than others.

Heh, actually the Elincia X Geoffrey support took only two chapters for me. First I got the C-level, and on the next chapter I got B and A. Is it always that way for the two of them?

Edited by xanatha

Herons live for a 1000 years :blink:

Wow...I thought they would live about a hundred or something

then what would that make Lehran?

an extra-concentrated ghost?

XD

He was blessed by the Goddess so I assume he's immortal.

hm....

Altina and Soan were blessed by the goddess, and yet they still died.

unless herons are affected differently from the other people.

I'm guessing it's because only their weapons were blessed. However, I'm not sure if blessing for a Laguz affects the whole body. In any case, Lehran was probably blessed differently since he can't attack... normally. That and he's the Goddess's favourite :S

• 4 weeks later...

まっつ MATTSU

12 12 男 Man

封印の剣みたいに凄く難しいのでしょうか? Very difficult to seal like a sword?

ぼくはノーマルでしかクリアしてません。 Normally I just have not cleared.

「封印の剣」のノーマルモードがクリアできたのであれば、「暁の女神」のノーマルモードも大丈夫だと思います。 "Sword of the seal," was the normal mode, if cleared, "the goddess of dawn" I think it is okay and normal mode. 是非、遊んでくださいね。 Please, please play.

Dumb google translate.

まっつ MATTSU

12 12 男 Man

封印の剣みたいに凄く難しいのでしょうか? Very difficult to seal like a sword?

ぼくはノーマルでしかクリアしてません。 Normally I just have not cleared.

「封印の剣」のノーマルモードがクリアできたのであれば、「暁の女神」のノーマルモードも大丈夫だと思います。 "Sword of the seal," was the normal mode, if cleared, "the goddess of dawn" I think it is okay and normal mode. 是非、遊んでくださいね。 Please, please play.

Wow, is this japanese?

Edited by xanatha

Those non-English symbols are indeed Japanese.

My Japanese proficiency is pretty low, but I can usually do better than machine translators like Google XD

Uhu... I love Japanese. I mean... ever since I played FE, I've wanted to study it. Especially since you guys say that the translation is a little dim. I'll problaby study Japanese once I start at senior high school.

Uhu... I love Japanese. I mean... ever since I played FE, I've wanted to study it. Especially since you guys say that the translation is a little dim. I'll problaby study Japanese once I start at senior high school.

Not to derail the topic any further, but I felt I should toss my ten cents.

By all means, please study Japanese. It's a great language with good fundamentals. The learning curve can be somewhat difficult at times, since you're not only learning different grammar structures from what we commonly use in English, but also 2 new sets of writing characters which have about 40-65 characters in them, in addition to the fact that they use well over 2,000 Chinese kanji in "everyday" situations. But please don't be discouraged. With hard work, it's very possible to aim for fluency. I'm somewhat envious that it would be offered for you in senior high. :lol:

On a side note, I'm curious about you, Vince. You say your proficiency is pretty low? I'm wondering what tools you use, because your translations are pretty good.

By all means, please study Japanese. It's a great language with good fundamentals. The learning curve can be somewhat difficult at times, since you're not only learning different grammar structures from what we commonly use in English, but also 2 new sets of writing characters which have about 40-65 characters in them, in addition to the fact that they use well over 2,000 Chinese kanji in "everyday" situations. But please don't be discouraged. With hard work, it's very possible to aim for fluency. I'm somewhat envious that it would be offered for you in senior high. :lol:

Thank you, ritsuo!

I hardly know anything about japanese, so it was very kind of you to post this information!

Edit: Sorry, won't ruin this topic anymore!

Edited by xanatha

On a side note, I'm curious about you, Vince. You say your proficiency is pretty low? I'm wondering what tools you use, because your translations are pretty good.

It's a secret XD

Well, if you want to know. Katakana is pretty simple to read and doesn't require any understanding. I can also read and understand Kanji easily since I'm Chinese. As for sentence structure, I rely on a couple of popular online translators.

Well, if you want to know. Katakana is pretty simple to read and doesn't require any understanding.

Really. If you spend a little time at it, it's actually rather simple to "learn" simply by winging it. So much, that I almost felt like I could do well in a beginning course. 'Course, then I remembered the other two three parts to the language, and decided possibly against it :x

Doesn't help that the instructor dropped this year too.