Season 1 DLC rewards translated! SPOILERS!!!

I thought that was general fluff made to make the story more mysterious. Is that actually a part of Fire Emblem's overarching lore?

Wait. Wasn't there 12 dragon god in FE4 ? Who did the blood pact with the 12 legendary crusader ?

... Hopefully ,I'm just seeing thing, I don't want to imagine what they could do with FE4 or other past FE.

Edited by B.Leu

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait. Wasn't there 12 dragon god in FE4 ? Who did the blood pact with the 12 legendary crusader ?

... Hopefully ,I'm just seeing thing, I don't want to imagine what they could do with FE4 or other past FE.

Er, no (you're not seeing things)? It was just posted about.

Awakening also referenced the number 12 as well, see my above post.

Edited by L95

Ah, my bad, my bad. Ninja'd. Forgive me senpai. Senpai just noticed me !

12 Hero in awakening, huh ?

Huh, I wonder what they will be doing with that... If they will do something that is. I won't be too happy if it has something to do with past FE sans FEA.

Edited by B.Leu

I'm not sure if you're asking or not, but there were 12 dragon 'gods' in FE4. (Actually, 13 counting the dark dragon Loptyr) IIRC

Awakening DLC also mentions the number 12, Tiki in the 3rd episode of the future past says "And I know you will. May we one day meet again, Lucina. There will always be a place for the Twelve Heroes at Naga's side."

Sorry to just jump in like this, but weren't the Twelve Heroes the child characters (Lucina, Owain, etc.)?

Ah, so that's what those translate to? I didn't know it was a Grima thing, sigh... that worries me more

I translated the overall August 20th one:

EDIT: Fixed it with the OP's translation for the items. Thanks!

unknownhistorydlc1.png

Edited by Kirokan

I thought that was general fluff made to make the story more mysterious. Is that actually a part of Fire Emblem's overarching lore?

There is no overarching lore in Fire Emblem.

*sigh*

Yet.

Ah, so that's what those translate to? I didn't know it was a Grima thing, sigh... that worries me more

unknownhistorydlc1.png

If they were such badass before If, why weren't they more useful in-game ? Those lazy assholes.. :p

Eh, I admit, I'm curious. Scared, must mostly curious.

As always, thank you for your hard work.

*sigh*

Yet.

There is, but it's not always particularly prominent or consistent or even accounted for.

FE1/2/3/4/5 are all known to take place in the same world, as do FE13 and the remakes FE11/12. FE6/7 appear to be connected to Archanea through the Dragon's Gate. FE9/10 have some connection to that world as well, as shown by Paris's existence, although it may just be another world linked by the Outrealm Gate. And now we're getting indications that FE14 is also connected to FE13 somehow, even though we don't really know how yet. That just leaves FE8 as the odd one out, acknowledged in FE13 through bonus content but not with any real known connection yet.

Edited by Othin

Well, they kinda imply that all the worlds of every FE game are conected trough the Outrealm/Dragons Gate so yeah, this is something they pulled off in Awakening for the sake fo DLCs and the like of things such as Priam, it's better than forcing everything in the exact same world at least imo.

In a nutshell while many games are in diferent worlds they all have this one specific portal place thingy somewhere in them which can let people travel to other worlds and I would assume they work ala Kingdom Hearts aka they run at their own flow of time.

Edited by Jariu

The "Dragon's Gate has connections to Archanea" is pure speculation.

Yes, Judgral is connected to Archanea, but very distantly.

Everything else is very recent. Priam just seems like something that was thrown in at the last second due to IS's "no regrets" policy they had with Awakening, and probably had little serious thought put towards his existence.

its very easy to do my avatar, my wife charlotte and my kid have the exhalt seal plus u can buy for 12 thousand gold in the staff shops but its a rarity

Yeah I ended up getting it but I didn't realize at first that the Awakening characters all had to be alive which is why I added the edit to my post. And that's interesting that they can show up in the shop. I'll have to keep an eye out for them. :3

Hmm.... Why would Lodestar and Great Lord be limited but not Grandmaster? Seems weird to me.

Awakening is free and let you keep your team.

The others have a certain costs and a preset team. It's really possibe that you have to beat two battles before you can have your reward in Invisible.

Since finishing those maps repeatedly will probably be far harder, it makes sense the rewards are more significant

Edited by Tamanoir

The "Dragon's Gate has connections to Archanea" is pure speculation.

Yes, Judgral is connected to Archanea, but very distantly.

Everything else is very recent. Priam just seems like something that was thrown in at the last second due to IS's "no regrets" policy they had with Awakening, and probably had little serious thought put towards his existence.

To be honest, all of the interconnected worlds (post Awakening) seem to be written as "Sure, why not?" and not given serious thought. It's just an excuse to insert characters from other canons into the game, such as it was for the Awakening expies in Fates.

To be honest, all of the interconnected worlds (post Awakening) seem to be written as "Sure, why not?" and not given serious thought. It's just an excuse to insert characters from other canons into the game, such as it was for the Awakening expies in Fates.

And that's what's all the more frustrating.

If it was a half-decently written, semi-serious effort to create distant connections between all the games, then it would at least be interesting.

As it is, I feel like currently the only thing IS's writers could write competently are middle-school research papers.

Since the DLC is not canon besides the invisible history there's ALOT of things wrong like having 2 different fire emblems with no Mentioning of a sword in any history, the 3 kingdoms, the 4 weapons, anankos and more this is just bad writing from IS to try to make things connect but dont.

*sigh*

Yet.

Is there something dreadful about the notion of a lore? Lore doesn't really constitute a timeline, characters or anything particularly controversial, just an internal mythos of influential events.

*Snipped*

Interesting developments, thanks for translation.

Is there something dreadful about the notion of a lore? Lore doesn't really constitute a timeline, characters or anything particularly controversial, just an internal mythos of influential events.

Nope.

What's dreadful is Intelligent Systems' writing capabilities.

Before, there were a few loose connections between games, but in the end there were still multiple, completely separate universes.

Then Awakening comes in with the Outrealms and Priam, both of which came straight out of fanfiction were very poorly thought-out, and were of debatable canonocity.

But now, they seem to be lashing Fates to Akaneia (after they said it was a new world with no connections to previous Fire Emblem games), or at least canonizing the Outrealm Gate. We don't know what exactly the plan to do, whether it's just for the sake of fanservice or they're actually trying to connect everything, but what we do know for sure is that their writing abilities leave much to be desired.

Lots of games use the multiverse concept; it's not "bad writing" by itself.

Blazing Sword already hinted at alternate realms with its Dragon's Gate, which surprise surprise returns in Awakening as the Outrealm Gate and Fates as its original form. Awakening just threw it out into the open.

...And leaving things unexplained isn't necessarily bad writing either. It's meant so fans can use their imagination, rather than being spoon fed all the time.

We're already told the most important plot points, eg. Priam is descended from Ike. Do we need to be told the entire family genealogy or can we guess it ourselves?

the unconnected game argument kinda falls flat for me when there was only a single Fe game that was unconnected to any of the others before the out realmgate, (yes the gba game on were sequels or prequels but still it was only 3 universes out of 5 games) especially when more than half of the entire main series is connected to akaniea, (even if you include tear ring/berick saga, it is still half if you count fates and more than half if you count the akaniea saga)

honestly part of me wonders if they avoided connecting the non FE 6 gba games and the following console games to akeniea because they wanted to avoid alienating their new secondary fanbase by conecting to a game they knew nothing about, It is a bit weird to me that they made 5 games connected to each other, and then 5 not Connected to each other besides by sequels. Also the dragons gate connecting to another unspecified world is a bit suspicious to me and this is just speculation of course but was there an idea to connect elibe to akaniea but was scraped and turned into the dragons gate?

And also tellius and magevel not being connected at the time might have to do with them missing one of the main elements of the series; Dragons who go through some sort of event which have their dragons form effected in some way and also had their dragons take a much smaller role in their universes history, tellius also has laguz and the goddesses so them not connecting at the time of the games makes sense as connecting during the game to akeniea dosen't quite work with the lore differences(though they still had Ike leave to somewhere at the end so there was that) but connecting the games in awakening does fit the theme of awakening and the first 5 games.

From what I understand, Archanea fits the description of the land on the other side of the Dragon's Gate. It isn't spelled out explicitly but it seems likely, and I think some stuff in Shadow Dragon also suggests it? But it's a loose and speculative connection for sure.

Edited by Othin

Sorry to just jump in like this, but weren't the Twelve Heroes the child characters (Lucina, Owain, etc.)?

...yeah?

"And I know you will. May we one day meet again, Lucina. There will always be a place for the Twelve Heroes at Naga's side."

Tiki's talking to Lucina and pals here.

From what I understand, Archanea fits the description of the land on the other side of the Dragon's Gate. It isn't spelled out explicitly but it seems likely, and I think some stuff in Shadow Dragon also suggests it? But it's a loose and speculative connection for sure.

It really depends on (if the gate goes to Archanea) is when. Archanea used to be a dragon-dominated continent before the dragon's degeneration (and considering that Nils and Ninian could maintain dragon form, this was probably before the degeneration), with few humans, and there was an Ice dragon temple yeah. It matches up somewhat, but as mentioned is also still pretty speculatory.

Edited by L95

honestly part of me wonders if they avoided connecting the non FE 6 gba games and the following console games to akeniea because they wanted to avoid alienating their new secondary fanbase by conecting to a game they knew nothing about, It is a bit weird to me that they made 5 games connected to each other, and then 5 not Connected to each other besides by sequels. Also the dragons gate connecting to another unspecified world is a bit suspicious to me and this is just speculation of course but was there an idea to connect elibe to akaniea but was scraped and turned into the dragons gate?

IS originally seemed to fear touching Kaga's canon directly. I think that's clearly visible in Shadow Dragon, where they attempted to keep the story as close to the original as they could, with the biggest additions being through tutorial chapters. One game later though, they started actually adding onto the original game's story. So, after that point, I guess they dropped their past attitude, which is why we now get these direct connections, rather than something ambiguous like the world beyond the Dragon's Gate in FE6/7.

Edited by NeonZ

That sounds about reasonable, and probably is what happened. They might have downplayed the Dragon's Gate connection to the Archanea world and just gone with games set in other worlds. By the FE3 remake, they likely stopped worrying about it so they renamed Dragon's Gate to Outrealm gate for Awakening (and just went with eons have passed and Archanea's and all the other games' exploits have become myths) so that they could bring everyone back for one final game (Awakening). Of course, since everyone wanted more Fire Emblem after Awakening, they went ahead with Fates which is set in what I think is an Archanea that developed differently from other Archaneas (the technology to make unbreakable weapons have been discovered... or rediscovered).

Since they don't see a reason to keep the lores of the different games separate anymore since the Dragon's/Outrealm Gate allows many differently-developed worlds (and each world being allowed to have their version of Fire Emblem as a different object from the others), I'm expecting to see more things from the other games' worlds to cross over to one another (like having Owain, Severa, and Inigo cross over to Fates' world).