Im assuming the awakening dlc scales because its definitely not 1 star for me..

Ghostlander

Trying to keep the awakening characters alive is ass.elite. ninjas spawn every turn and pass characters back like a bong in a frat house.

Not to mention massive damage against my 'still a little over powered for story chapters' characters.

Guess im not getting lodestar this playthrough.

Yeah it seems to adjust based on story progression. It's definitely doable but can take some getting used to, in particular figuring out how to deal with the reinforcements. Blocking forts until they stop appearing can help, as can setting characters up to take them out in one round on the enemy phase before their skills can activate.

1-star rating... odd. Go on any reddit thread and chapter 2 is regarded as one of Awakening's hardest chapters.

It's not Awakening Chapter 2 any more than Champions of Yore was Shadow Dragon Chapter 1. It uses the same map, but the battle is completely different. But yes, it's quite a challenge in its own way; being 1-star doesn't say much.

So its basically only 1 star for supe early game. its a fuckfest after that

I don't think that's the way to look at it. 1 star doesn't describe raw stats levels of the DLC enemies anymore; it describes how their strength relates to how strong your team is expected to be based on your progress in the main story, which seems relatively consistent at least at a specific difficulty level. All DLC seems to scale this way, and I think Paralogues do, too.

I don't think that's the way to look at it. 1 star doesn't describe raw stats levels of the DLC enemies anymore; it describes how their strength relates to how strong your team is expected to be based on your progress in the main story, which seems relatively consistent at least at a specific difficulty level. All DLC seems to scale this way, and I think Paralogues do, too.

Not once have I had that much difficulty. It's definitely not based on a relativity to my characters, because my characters are more powerful than they should be for the story maps. Therefor, a 1 star relative to the story, and to my characters, is complete bullshit.

Not once have I had that much difficulty. It's definitely not based on a relativity to my characters, because my characters are more powerful than they should be for the story maps. Therefor, a 1 star relative to the story, and to my characters, is complete bullshit.

It seems that on the DLC scale, the story mode qualifies as about a 0 star. That doesn't mean the scale isn't an accurate measure of how different DLC maps will compare to each other at a given point in the story.

1 star does not mean "easy". It means "easier than 2 star".

Edited by Othin

It seems that on the DLC scale, the story mode qualifies as about a 0 star. That doesn't mean the scale isn't an accurate measure of how different DLC maps will compare to each other at a given point in the story.

1 star does not mean "easy". It means "easier than 2 star".

So completely ignoring the scale they set for awakening dlc that. Cuz that makes sense. It also makes sense that the easy level dlc would be difficulty to complete the correct way, even with over-powered units. Because 2 star will be just that much fucking harder. Especially the gold map.... >.>

What I did was just do it early in the story with an op logbook unit. It's the only thing that could survive the venom spamming ninjas

Yeah I'll just have to wait until I start my Nohr playthrough And grab a logbook character.