Supports you would've liked to see

Linfan

On 27/07/2015 at 2:31 PM, Thane said:

And that's fine, I'm just skeptical. Of course, it would've been fun if those two had a support that showed them as anything other than the most serious people on the face of the earth.

I also really wish Velour had more varied supports, or that they just removed her gimmick entirely, and that Felicia's only character trait wasn't the focus of pretty much all of her supports; seriously, I think the only one that doesn't revolve around that is the one with Nishiki, but it's still mentioned.

I do like Hinoka and Kagerou, but I agree that it would be nice to read some supports where they're not super serious.

Speaking of Felicia, her supports with Nishiki are definitely my favorite ones for her (mainly because they're some of the only ones that don't make her clumsiness the main focus). Also, while I might not've noticed it first read, her supports with Laz don't seem to rely on her trope too much either. It's mentioned in the A, but that's about it.

Edited by Matt-hue

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In general I would have liked to see more supports for characters like Izana, Yuugiri, Yukimura and Asura who can only support MU (f/m) and their own !Kanna. Even one more support would have been nice. I mean, c'mon! Izana's such a sweetheart, I'd find it hard to believe he couldn't make any friends in Kamui's army.

I'm a little disheartened that some characters lost opportunities to flesh out their backstory or personality whilst others may have had a surplus of support to do so.

Just diverting a little bit, if we get any spotpass characters (prays for Iago) I would love to see them get more supports than just MU and once again, their offspring if they're lucky enough to sire one. In Awakening, for example, I think that Gangrel/Emmeryn really should have had a proper support. I mean, imagine some of the supports evil spotpass characters like Ganz or Iago could have with the protagonist and their royal siblings, or even each other. (If we do get Iago as a spotpass character I would love to see an Iago/Yukimura support. Tactician to Tactician and all that jazz).

I want a Zero/Marx support, purely for the lolz. Besides that, their interaction would possibly be pretty interesting considering Zero's distaste for royal people.

Edited by RidellCrimea

Zero x Orochi should be a thing. Zerochi. They would be perfect for each other, and the shipping name works and everything.

I also think Zero and Joker should be best friends. Better than Leo and Takumi!

Flora x Joker should definitely, definitely exist.

Just a lot of missed opportunity with Joker and Zero, in general.

Edited by Respite&Nepenthe

I am puzzled as to why Camilla is the only royal Aqua can't support with.

What's up with that? Camilla showed no hostility to her when she joined in IK; she was actually pleased to see her.

No character can have more than four A+ support options, and since she has two female subordinates, Camilla already has four, Luna, Belka, Elise and Hinoka. You couldn't drop one of those and add in Azura without there being just as many questions asked. Their inability to support each other isn't a characterisation thing, it's just an unfortunate side effect of other design decisions. I'm not sure why they couldn't have simply made it so the max number of A+ options is five, especially since not every character hits the current max of four anyway, but for whatever reason they didn't.

No character can have more than four A+ support options, and since she has two female subordinates, Camilla already has four, Luna, Belka, Elise and Hinoka. You couldn't drop one of those and add in Azura without there being just as many questions asked. Their inability to support each other isn't a characterisation thing, it's just an unfortunate side effect of other design decisions. I'm not sure why they couldn't have simply made it so the max number of A+ options is five, especially since not every character hits the current max of four anyway, but for whatever reason they didn't.

Honestly, I wish they made Zero Camilla's subordinate.It would have been nice to see how their supports would have changed.

What's up with that? Camilla showed no hostility to her when she joined in IK; she was actually pleased to see her.

That's because each character can only support with 3 characters of the same gender and Camilla already support with Elise, Belka and Luna.

Edit:Ninja'd

Edited by Water Mage

Like the others said, there's a limit of 3 same-gendered support for some reason. For characters available on both sides, these 3 include characters from both routes, while exclusives will get a 4th among the opposite-side characters.

As for why it's Camilla, there's the fact that team Camilla is all-female. I guess another reason would be that Aqua, after all those events, still seems to prefer Hoshido over Nohr. (She noticeably needs to take some time warming up to Elise, prefers Hoshidan food, and probably prefers Hoshidan culture seeing that her son has a Hoshidan name.)

I don't have the game yet (for obvious reasons), but I would have liked to see any supports between Asama and Nyx. At this point, it's mainly because I would have liked her to access a complement to her Curse Reflection skill that doesn't involve her marrying Corrin. I don't know if anything regarding this would change when I do the game.

M!Kamui x Eponine if M!Kamui was her dad.OMG Eponine would be so funny considering she likes yaoi.