• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Which class can reach S in Stones? I would assume it's the White Blood?

Only the Kyūbi no Kitsune (Nine-tailed Fox) and the Mánagarmr can get and S-Rank in stones. Both Shiro no Ketsuzoku (White Blood) and Dark Blood can only reach up to A-Rank.

Which class can reach S in Stones? I would assume it's the White Blood?

Only the beasts (Managarms and Nine-tailed Foxes) can have an S rank Beaststone. Highest rank for Dragonstones is A through Dark/White Blood.

Another interesting note is once you reach Level 99, you can still use Eternal Seals. The number is still stuck at 99, but you can still "gain" levels. Likely so you won't be stuck if you want to get more skills when later DLC comes out.

Edited by MrPerson0

Grandmaster remains the best playable spellcaster outfit of all time.

Wait... Females can't get the Grandmaster class? That's unfortunate. And oddly unbalanced

I was confused by this. It didn't show up in her class list (nor Vanguard) but she had the Grandmaster skills in her skill list.

Grandmaster remains the best playable spellcaster outfit of all time.

I was confused by this. It didn't show up in her class list (nor Vanguard) but she had the Grandmaster skills in her skill list.

I'm guessing whoever it was hacked the skills onto her list (since hacking those onto anyone but the Avatar is a-Ok or so I've been hearing).

So I'm guessing the amiibo classes are restricted to the gender of the amiibo unit who actually has it or something. Unless I'm totally off-base.

Aaaah Ballistician class looks really cool ??

and the witch class animation is really great ?? Lanterns + big hats yess please thank you !! ; U ;

I'm so excited now ~

Aaaah Ballistician class looks really cool ??

and the witch class animation is really great ?? Lanterns + big hats yess please thank you !! ; U ;

I'm so excited now ~

You know, the more I think about the witch class, the more I think about Nyx too, because, you know, Nyx's backstory/situation and all. It's almost as if the Witch class was created for Nyx.

AdultNyxDLCconfirmed

I'm guessing whoever it was hacked the skills onto her list (since hacking those onto anyone but the Avatar is a-Ok or so I've been hearing).

So I'm guessing the amiibo classes are restricted to the gender of the amiibo unit who actually has it or something. Unless I'm totally off-base.

I'm not surprised they went that route but at the same time I'm disappointed. They are using same game engine as Awakening and Grandmaster (technically Tactician) was a unisex class. Why couldn't they import/update a model for women? They already brought over the models for Chrom, Lissa, Inigo, Severa and Owain.

Edited by NekoKnight

I'm not surprised they went that route but at the same time I'm disappointed. They are using same game engine as Awakening and Grandmaster (technically Tactician) was a unisex class. Why couldn't they import/update a model for women? They already brought over the models for Chrom, Lissa, Inigo, Severa and Brady.

Brady? That's a new one. Where did you see that?

Grandmaster is first and foremost supposed to be Robin's unique class. The Robin you can get in Fates is male, in part because it's the Super Smash Bros. incarnation (which heavily favoured M!Robin), and Grandmaster picks up some things from that incarnation as well (like a higher magic stat and higher tome rank for example). I'm guessing the gender-lock likely happened because only the male model was programmed in (so that Robin could properly appear and interact with Fates content) and the developers didn't want to make new models for the amiibo classes.

(Incidentally, with Dread Fighter and Dark Flier confirmed as not being gender-locked, Robin is kind of in a similiar position as Revya in that he'll be able to use something only the opposite gender Robin could use before.)

Quite frankly though, I kinda expected Grandmaster to end up a male-exclusive class when I heard about how Lodestar and Great Lord were gender-locked classes as well.

Brady? That's a new one. Where did you see that?

Grandmaster is first and foremost supposed to be Robin's unique class. The Robin you can get in Fates is male, in part because it's the Super Smash Bros. incarnation (which heavily favoured M!Robin), and Grandmaster picks up some things from that incarnation as well (like a higher magic stat and higher tome rank for example). I'm guessing the gender-lock likely happened because only the male model was programmed in (so that Robin could properly appear and interact with Fates content) and the developers didn't want to make new models for the amiibo classes.

(Incidentally, with Dread Fighter and Dark Flier confirmed as not being gender-locked, Robin is kind of in a similiar position as Revya in that he'll be able to use something only the opposite gender Robin could use before.)

Quite frankly though, I kinda expected Grandmaster to end up a male-exclusive class when I heard about how Lodestar and Great Lord were gender-locked classes as well.

Sorry, I meant Owain. It's been a long time since I touched Awakening.

I took Lodestar and Great Lord to be genderlocked because of Lucina and Marth being opposite gender versions of each other (well, Lucina came second but I digress). I could understand even Vanguard because there is no female Ike but not having a female Grandmaster just seems lazy. Like I said, they were happy enough to include the other Awakening character models.

Edited by NekoKnight

I know how everyone is touching up on how each of the DLC classes look awesome in their own ways and such - and I will admit, I profusely agree. My question is, it seemed like he was using a Parallel Seal to switch between the classes that were showcased. Now this could be just an effect of the hacking, or is it that if you use the DLC class promotion item - that it will stick permanently with that character, and a Parallel Seal can be used to access it at anytime? If the latter is the case - that is amazing!

Hm... Isn't this just hacking anyway? Through hacking it has been shown that it's possible to give males classes to female characters and vice-versa, using the class change seal itself, so would this really mean that the class is gender locked?

Anyway, if it's really gender locked, wouldn't this suggest that the class it's likely to be paired up with in the DLC (the one from Hydra's blood) will be female only? That'd be kind of odd. In Awakening, the tactician oufits for male and females was basically identical, only with different proportions, couldn't they just make it unisex here? The design differences only appeared in the Grandmaster class (and, in spite of the name, Robin's class here is visually based on Tactician).

Sorry, I meant Owain. It's been a long time since I touched Awakening.

I took Lodestar and Great Lord to be genderlocked because of Lucina and Marth being opposite gender versions of each other (well, Lucina came second but I digress). I could understand even Vanguard because there is no female Ike but not having a female Grandmaster just seems lazy. Like I said, they were happy enough to include the other Awakening character models.

Again, probably meant to be because the recruitable Robin you get is male and is his own character instead of a customizable avatar and the class was made to fit him, like how the other classes were created with the respective amiibo characters in mind.

I do find it strange considering it was unisex in Awakening, but they were made to be used by the amiibo characters more than made to be used by your normal units.

EDIT:

Hm... Isn't this just hacking anyway? Through hacking it has been shown that it's possible to give males classes to female characters and vice-versa, using the class change seal itself, so would this really mean that the class is gender locked?

Anyway, if it's really gender locked, wouldn't this suggest that the class it's likely to be paired up with in the DLC (the one from Hydra's blood) will be female only? That'd be kind of odd. In Awakening, the tactician oufits for male and females was basically identical, only with different proportions, couldn't they just make it unisex here? The design differences only appeared in the Grandmaster class (and, in spite of the name, Robin's class here is visually based on Tactician).

Calling it now: Hydra's Blood will make units promote to Manakete.

Edited by Folt

I know how everyone is touching up on how each of the DLC classes look awesome in their own ways and such - and I will admit, I profusely agree. My question is, it seemed like he was using a Parallel Seal to switch between the classes that were showcased. Now this could be just an effect of the hacking, or is it that if you use the DLC class promotion item - that it will stick permanently with that character, and a Parallel Seal can be used to access it at anytime? If the latter is the case - that is amazing!

Yep, from my understanding, it is the latter! You once you promote to a DLC class using a DLC seal, you will not need to use a DLC seal to go back to that class again! This is why I tested out Male Kamui turning into a Witch and Aqua turning into a Grandmaster. I was able to get the Skills for those particular classes, but once I changed back to their normal classes, I couldn't use the Parallel Seal to go back to Witch and Grandmaster respectively, as opposed to it working with the correct gender-locked DLC classes.

As for those questioning about the Grandmaster being gender-locked, that does seem to be the case. Whenever I used the ARCode to reclass into any class, nearly every class (Dark Blood, White Blood, Elite Ninja, etc.) that weren't gender-locked or enemy-locked had two variations. Males were first, then females were second. Same thing carried over to Dread Fighter and Dark Flier. Unfortunately, Ballistician, Witch, Lodestar, Vanguard, Grandmaster, and Great Lord only had one selection of each. When I made my male Avatar into those six classes, then reclassed to another class, Witch and Great Lord were missing from the Parallel Seal selection. When I did the same for Aqua, only Witch and Great Lord remained.

Of course, once the Grandmaster DLC comes out, it's possible for them to have a DLC female version of it, but for now, it seems to be gender-locked.

Edited by MrPerson0