Character Love Thread

So much negativity around the characters in this game, so lets stop whinging so much and talk about the ones we like the best. Now that the game is out in Japan, some goobers have played it. Support convos are coming out translated by the truckload. Lets talk about our favorites for once.

Favorite Character(s) Shared?

Favorite Nohrians?

Favorite Hoshidans?

Favorite Kids?

Favorite All-Round?

Bring it!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Favorite Characters Shared? Jakob, Gunter, and Silas.

Favorite Nohrians? Marx, Zero, Leon, and Benoit.

Favorite Hoshidans? Ryoma.

Favorite Kids? Don't really care about the kids.

Favorite All-Round? Marx.

Ah, there's so many i like.

Guess i'll do a top 5~

1) Soliel. Favorite Kid! all around Kind and i like it when she goes ORAORAORA.

2) Marx. Marx is just Badass. Really tanky bro.

3) lazward. Loved him in fe13 so not surprising that i like him here too lol.

4) Kaze. I'm a sucker for very loyal characters.

5) Camilla. love her supports~

Oo I topic I can gush about my favorite characters.

My favorite character that is shared is Joker by far.At first I wa snot all that interested but the hate for him as really made me love him.TBH I don't give a shit about what he did in his supports he is awesome.(And I happen to also like him for his dedication to Kamui, I just wish he was the gay option)

Favorite Nohrian is obviously Zero.I mean not only is he the only gay guy option(I know technically bi option but I don't cur)he is also devilishly handsome and has an eye patch.I also like characters with mysterious back rounds.

Favorite Hoshidan is Sakura.She is the best lil sis and is just too cute.I also like how she is a miko which is one of my favorite things.

Favorite kid.That is hard cause I love both Gurei and Eponine so much that I just don't know.

All-round though it is Sakura who as I said is just too cute.Also she reminds me of me so.

Finally here is just my top 5:

1.Sakura

2.Zero

3.Gurei/Eponine(I can't decide!)

4.Odin

5.Joker

Runner ups:

Felicia/Flora/Gunter(They are pretty much the true family)

Aqua

Saizou

Kazahana

Syalla

Edited by Azz01

Favorite Character(s) Shared? None

Favorite Nohrians? Camilla, Xander, Elise

Favorite Hoshidans? That fox dude

Favorite Kids? Seigbert, Female Kanna

Favorite All-Round? Camilla

Asyura and Yuugiri are my favorites. they managed to do a lot with the one support they had.

Tsubaki is also pretty cool, I consider him Cordelia done right.

Shigure's my favorite kid, he seems pretty under appreciated

I have a ton of runner ups like Kazahana, Rinka, Nyx...

Overall this cast is much more well rounded than Awakenings

Favorite charactes: Gunter and all the servants (Joker, Felica and Flora). I love their backstories with Kamui, they look like a real family together, more than any siblings' sides~

Yay, character love! I love pretty much most of the characters (except for the ones I mentioned in the Character Hate thread and a few others...), so I'm just gonna talk about three that stood out to me.

First of all is Gunter. When I first saw him, I thought he'd just be a stereotypical loyal knight guy and I'd be highly indifferent about him and never use him except the first few chapters for some tanking, but the supports with Kamui completely changed my opinion on him. I swear, Gunter is the best god damn father figure and he deserves a medal for everything he did for Kamui. Seriously, read them if you haven't. Those supports made me cry.

Oboro and Charlotte also are great as well. Both characters honestly turned out completely different from what most thought they might end up as, and are great characters. Oboro isn't like Cordelia, and she isn't an utter ass to all Nohrians. She handles both of these situations maturely and her attitude towards Takumi and the Nohrians isn't constantly pushed in your face. Charlotte isn't a complete b**** and has a good reason behind her gold-digging ways. She's an interesting character and definitely is one of my favorites now.

Xander, Ryoma, Leo, Takumi, Sakura, Elise, Flora, Nyx, Kagerou, Lazwald, Kaze, Kisaragi, Shinonome, Midoriko... There's so many characters to love! (Unlike Awakening... I was kinda indifferent about half the cast and despised a few)

Just when I was beginning to regret hopping on this forum so much due to the negativity everywhere, this thread pops up and brings a really big goofy smile to my face. Before I begin with anything, I thank you for brightening my day, and giving me an excuse to gleek out a little over all these awesome characters that Fates offers. I owe you a cookie, and an internet hug. :3

Ahem. To return to the topic... and excuse my gushing, I've been wanting to do something like this for ages. XD

Shared Characters:

It's a tossup between Felicia and Aqua. While I don't ship either of them with my Mamui, I still love them as characters. I honestly did not expect Aqua to have the personality she has the first time I saw her, and I can say with confidence that her blunt nature, her epic snark abilities, and her love of cute things really made me a fan of her. Her supports with Sakura, Ryouma, Elise, and Marx in particular really made me love her all the more as I got to see new sides of her beyond the whole "mysterious waif" archtype, and I can say confidently that she's probably going to be very fun to work with in fanfiction.

Felicia, though, she earned a big spot in my heart pretty early on. Cliche as it is, I'm fond of the clumsy maid trope, mostly because I relate pretty hard with anyone who has crippling self-esteem issues. However, with Felicia, it goes deeper than that. She's remarkably skilled in combat (anyone who can fight Pieri to a standstill deserves a medal), she trusts her loyalty to her master above all else, and her relationship with Flora is both adorable and heartbreaking all at once with their mutual envy, respect, and love for one another. I just wish she had more supports to showcase that badass side of her rather than focussing so hard on her clumsiness.

Nohrians:

My favourite Nohrian male is Marx. And no, it's not because I want him as my husbando. But yes, it is that I want him as my husbando. I just really like his design, and his supports made the little girl within me squee. He's an absolute gentleman to Sakura and to Felicia, is surprisingly adorkable in very odd ways (he can't swim, and he told his son a good way to overcome stagefright is to pretend people are carrots), and the edge of tragedy that haunts his relationship with a Femui in both Birthright (admittedly more here), and in the Invisible Kingdom certainly got this shipper's attention. I love relationships that can play all the angles, and it most certainly secured Marx as my favourite male for the Nohrian route. FULL HUSBANDO, ALL DAY, EVERY DAY.

My favourite Nohrian female is Camilla. Look above for the reasoning why this is.In all seriousness, I loved Camilla from the outset, and as more of her supports get unearthed, I just fell more in love with her. As it is with Marx, there's a definite edge of potential tragedy to her romance with a Mamui, and I jumped all over that with absolute joy... and her character is wonderful, and very much unappreciated due to fanservice and inability to look past her devotion to Kamui. (Which admittedly can get out of hand, and I ship the two!) Repeating what I've said in another thread, I find her to be hilarious with her ability to troll people shamelessly, she loves her siblings and is unafraid to get her hands dirty to protect them, and, like Marx, she's breathtakingly attractive. What's not to love?

Hoshidans:

Sakura and Ryouma tie for my favourite Hoshidans. Admittedly, most of my love right now is for the Nohrians, but Sakura and Ryouma most definitely stand out on the Birthright route. Sakura's shyness just makes me want to pick her up and hug her, and Ryouma is just... so Ryouma. I don't have words for how badly I love him. And since I'm a shameless Marx fangirl, I attached immediately to Lobster Lord as my big brother, and I just want to pat him on the head all the time and tell him how awesome he is. Takumi and Hinoka also deserve their fair share of love, but as it is right now, I love Sakura and Ryouma just a tiniest bit more... We'll see if that changes given time. I'm a sucker for the royals more than anyone else, but... Well, I can't help it. I love my siblings from both routes a little too much.

I don't have a favourite child character at the moment, mostly because there's an extreme lack of supports for them in comparison to the first gen... I'm leaning most for Kanna and Siegbert, if mostly because they'll be my babies, but I guess that is another thing that can change as things go? Who knows. Ophelia is edging in though for a third, if only because I love the idea of Owain/Odin's kid being every bit as awesome as he is. I'll admit that outright. XD

Lets see for me it would go a little something like this.

Favorite Characters on both routes
1) Kaze: Really grew to like this guy a lot and I thought some of his supports were pretty solid.
2) Mozume: A sweet heart and a total cutie. Its like Donny got a section change and a heavy dose of moe.
3) Aqua: While there are some issues with how she is handled I still like her plenty.

Favorite Hoshido Character.
Hmmm a bit tricky not many were exactly up to wow levels but I have been growing very fond of Yuugiri! :wub:
oMCZZ5B.gif

Honorable mentions go to Kagerou(can oh so very cute), Oboro for being well rounded, and Takumi.

Favorite Nohr Characters
Plenty!
Marx/Xander is a pretty cool guy!
Giving some love for Harold because GREAT JUSTICE!
Benoit is a great guy with kind heart. So very likable.
Nyx has great supports and is very interesting.
Gunter is cool old dastard and wears the title of Badass Grandpa well.
Flora also gets a shout out. Wished she was my maid.

Favorite Child
Sophie for her sunny personality.
Velour for being cute as a button. Seriously my heart goes hnnnng every time she say mama or papa gah so cute!
Ignis needs more love. :(

MY TURN!!!

Favorite Character(s) Shared: Joker, Suzukaze.

Favorite Nohrians? ALL OF THEM! (well, except Luna but i may learn to love her.)

Favorite Hoshidans? Oboro, Ryouma, Sakura, Tsubaki, Asama, Rinkah.

Favorite Kids? Ignis is The Son and Sophie looks just too cute.

Favorite All-Round? MARX, CAMILLA CUDDLES, and PIERI!

Favorite Captures: Im a pretty big fan of Dragee and Daniela.

Favorite Nohrians: Marx, Leon, Pieri, Lazwald, Benoit, Harold, Nyx, Gunter, Zero, Luna

Favorite Hoshidans: Hinoka, Kagerou, Asama

Favorite Kids: Kinu, Foleo, Shinonime, Ignis, Matoi

Overall Favourites: Marx and Pieri

I might be biased towards Nohr. Maybe.

I like Kazahana

That's it

EDIT; I have a serious list of likes, it goes:

Kazahana (of course)

Hinoka

Setsuna

Nishiki

Kanna

Tsubaki

Pieri

Flora

Felicia

Velour

Odin

Shigure

Seigbert

and not Joker

Not really, this is the Love, thread no hate allowed.

Edited by AwesomeSauce

Favorite Nohrians: Marx, Leon, Pieri, Lazwald, Benoit, Harold, Nyx, Gunter, Zero, Luna

Favorite Hoshidans: Hinoka, Kagerou, Asama

Favorite Kids: Kinu, Foleo, Shinonime, Ignis, Matoi

Overall Favourites: Marx and Pieri

I might be biased towards Nohr. Maybe.

PIERI FAN! COME FORTH AND LET US FROLIC

I'd have to say Flannel and Arthur are looking to be my favorites. I love silly characters, and those two are just ridiculous. Arthur has his terrible luck and is a ridiculous superhero parody. Flannel is cheerful, yet extremely dumb.

While those two are my favorites, these guys all leave me with good impressions, to;

Mitama for her creative and hilarious personal skill.

Odin for being one of my favorite Awakening characters (though I still think it's silly they actually brought him back).

Lutz for inheriting his dad's superhero motif.

Leo because I'm based towards mages and his armor is cool.

Hinata seems like a cheerful, simpleminded stereotypical shonen anime character. I don't watch too much anime, but I still mean that in a good way.

Poor Sophie looks so cheerful, but also has a crazy horse that she can't control. As far as her personal skill goes...er, well...I'm not entirely sure if that's funny or just plain embarrassing.

Felicia seems like a good laugh.

Hana seems to have a cool personality. Her argument with Tsubaki in the Treehouse stream definitely earned them both points, to.

Favorite Character(s) Shared: Joker, Silas and Aqua

Favorite Nohrians: Leon, Flannel, Pieri, and Zero

Favorite Hoshidans: Rinka, Orochi, Oboro, Hinata, Takumi, and Nishiki

Favorite Kids: Midoriko, Kinu, Foleo, Lutz, and Velour

Favorite All-Round: I really love Takumi, Leon, Aqua and Silas the most!

(Also shout out to Sakura who has my favourite design!)

Hm... I like a lot of characters a lot in this game, so I'll just list everyone that I like a lot (and bold the ones that top even that).

Favorite Character(s) Shared: Kamui, Azura, Gunther, Felicia, Jacob, Kaze, and Cyrus

Favorite Nohrians: Xander, Camilla, Leo, Elise, Lazward, Pieri, Luna, Odin, Zero, Arthur, Elfie, Flannel, Charlotte, Benoit, and Flora (and, well, Garon too)

Favorite Hoshidans: Ryouma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura, Saizou, Kagerou, Setsuna, Asama, Subaki, Rinkah, Orochi, and Nishiki

Favorite Kids: Kanna, Shigure, Deere, Midoriko, Sophie, Matoi, Grey, Kinu, Siegbert, Foleo, Ignis, Ophelia, Eponiné (or however you spell it) and Velour

Favorite All-Round: Kamui, Gunther, Felicia, Jacob, Kaze, Cyrus, Ryouma, Takumi, Asama, Orochi, Nishiki, Xander, Leo, Elise, Lazward, Odin, Zero, Arthur, Flannel, Charlotte, Benoit, Kanna, Shigure, Midoriko, Kinu, Foleo, and Ophelia, Eponiné, and Velour

Kaze and Joker!!

Favorite Nohrians?

Leo, Odin, Flannel

Favorite Hoshidans?

Sakura, Subaki, Saizou, Kagerou, Orochi

Favorite Kids?

Kinu, Shinonome

Favorite All-Round?

Leo, AKA My Little Brother Can't Be This Cute

yk-fates-leo.jpeg

Edited by veetasoy

I'm not going to make a favorites list, and I've only played Hoshido so far but I want to talk about the characters I love.

Male Kanna! I love him. He is my precious son that I love and adore! The cutest child by far. He isn't usually on the front lines, because he never seems to double anything, but he's still a good unit.

I adore Yuugiri and Crimson, both their designs and in battle. I have a bias towards flying units. I wish they could support with more people than just Kamui but I love them all the same. I wish Yuugiri's growths were better but oh well. (Also Crimsons supports with Femui are way cuter than with Mamui which is criminal.)

I love momma Mikoto. I wish she was a playable unit. I love the Hoshido family in general. Mostly the girls. Hinoka and Sakura are both lovely sisters, and I would like to possibly cosplay one of them in the future. Takumi and Ryouma also earned my love just by being so powerful in game.

I also love Midoriko because she is very powerful and I fear her.

EDIT: I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT TO MENTION JOKER. Joker. Jakob. My one true husband. I love the fact that he's so polite and dedicated to Kamui and rude to everyone else. What a loser. I love him.

Edited by Fuzzlekins

Favorite Character(s) Shared? Gunter, Kaze, Jakob

Favorite Nohrians? Marx, Charlotte, Leon

Favorite Hoshidans? Ryoma, Saizou, Takumi

Favorite Kids? Shinonome

Favorite All-Round? Marx

Edit: I forgot some characters.

Edited by RidellCrimea

Assuming first gen only, Mozume. She just slams headfirst into those caps. Plus, one parallel seal and you get some extra bow utility in Nohr, which is always useful.

Favorite Nohrians?

Flannel because werewolf. Also Zero and Pieri for being really darn useful. Zero gains bonus points for gay option.

Favorite Hoshidans?

Hinata, even if he isn't really a great unit. Also Nishiki, because he is an adorable fox man. We also can't forget Ryoma, the unstoppable force that all enemies shall be broken against.

Favorite Kids?

Kinu. She is a fox, she has an awesome design, and she was easily one of my best units. I also happily married Shigure.

Favorite All-Round?

Kinu, Hinata, Ryoma, Kagerou, Zero, Shigure, Grey, Elise, and Pieri.

Balance in the universe!

Favorite shared: Gunter, Kaze

Favorite Nohrians: Harold, Camilla, Flora

Favorite Hoshidans: Takumi, Hinoka, Rinka

Favorite Kids: Foleo, Kanna, Kinu

All-around is too hard.

Shared: Joker, Kaze, Izana, Asura, Silas.

Nohr: Marx, Leon, Camilla, Elise, Lazwald

Hoshido: Ryouma, Hinoka, Kagerou, Orochi, Subaki, Nishiki

Kids: Kanna, male and female, Siegbert, Shinonome, Velour, Grey, Deere

All around: A tie between Marx and Ryouma. And probably Joker. My tendency towards classics is warring between Marx and Ryouma as the main leads, but Joker's sass really gets to me so much.

Asyura and Mozume.

I can't quite place why I like Asyura into words but when I first saw him I said to myself "that's him that's my Fates husbando". I guess he's got a nice blend of smug thief and kicked puppy going for him. Oh, also his outfit is green.
Mozume is precious. She has those cute little flowers in her hair and that accent. She can get down in the dumps but never gives up and can give as good as she gets it from some of the more sarcastic males which makes reading her supports fun.

Favorite Nohrians?
Zero and Effie

At first I thought Zero was a bit well....much but after seeing some of his supports where it's shown that his innuendo just comes out and he honestly can't help it sometimes made him endearing. Also his daughter is cute ngl.
For Effie she's another of those ones I didn't like at first glance because I thought she was too flat as a character. After reading her supports I started to related to her spacey-ness and her "the best method is always overwhelming force" mentality. Also the knight armor looks better this time around.

Favorite Hoshidans?
Ryoma, Saizou, and Kagerou

For the guys it's a tie between Ryoma and Saizou. Ryoma because he's like the big brother I've always wanted (plus floofy hair) and Saizou because his was the first Femui support I read and I am still pleasantly surprised at how good it is.
For the ladies I suppose I would have to go with Kagerou: the personality she has under her professionalism is pleasant and the fact that she used to be in a relationship with Saizo was a nice twist from the "everyone is conveniently single"

Favorite Kids?
I don't have a favorite because I haven't really looked at them. Kisaragi and Eponine look promising though.
Favorite All-Round?
Asyura and Mozume I guess? Go team neutral!

- Shared: Gunter, Felica, Joker, Aqua and Kamui.
- Hoshido: Orochi, Asama, Setsuna and Sakura
- Nohr: Harold, Benoit, Flora, Nyx, Charlotte, Pieri
- Kids: Lutz, Ignis, Epoine, Mitama
All Round: Goes to Gunter~ Best father figure.