Character Love Thread

From gameplay perspective and appearance mostly since I've read very, very few supports. There's a lot of characters I adore (which makes the unit selection screen the most challenging part of the third path) but I'll limit myself to one per category here.

Favorite Character(s) Shared: Sophie's personal skill is pretty hilarious, she's cute and she's acceptably strong.

Favorite Nohrians? Effie. Finally a General that kicks all sort of ass! I wouldn't have managed to complete the Nohr path without her (Well, and Camilla).

Favorite Hoshidans? Kagerou. She's super useful, strong, cool and beautiful. Unlike Effie she wasn't critical, but she was still very welcome.

Favorite Kids? Eponnie. Partially because of how amazing the Adventurer animations were, and partially due to how much she kicked ass offensively with Azura as her mother.

Favorite All-Round? Hummm.... I'll go with Effie.

Edited by Ayra

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like a lot of the characters this time so I'll keep it short and to just the top few

Overall fav: Ryouma, Rinka, Suzukaze, Marx

Other specifics:

- Shared: Joker

- Nohr: Leon, Elise, Charlotte, Elfie

- Hoshido: Kagerou, Oboro, Tsubaki, Hinoka

- Kids: Shinonome

I feel like I gush about Ryouma (also see my art blog I think like my first page is covered in him) and Rinka enough already so

Instead I'll talk about Shinonome like

Tbh Shinonome is an example of how I like characters to be written

He has a pretty distinct personality, he's a lot of fun, and he doesn't really have any significant front-and-center gimmick that gets rubbed in your face over and over again, at least that I've noticed. Like I feels that his character is written more...natural? And that's what I like about him. It does help that the first support I read of his was with Matoi, which is also one of his best and left a great impression.

I mean he's definitely not the only character who's written like that, but he gave me a very strong first impression of that and didn't disappoint after. Especially since I'm someone who tend to like the child characters less in general characterisation-wise, Shinonome was a VERY pleasant surprise.

Also kid tries to be meta so hard. One day, Shino, one day. You're not winning against your dad with WTA alone.

Fucking love this small lobster son

Edited by Thor Odinson

Let's see, in no particular order:

- Kaze: Ninja bias. I like him as a person (though not necessarily as a character). You can say that he's designed to be a nigh-perfect "husbando-material" for the ladies (especially the self-insert character), who's handsome, incredibly polite and devoted, always lend a hand to people in need, and also a ninja to boot. He's just a very nice guy that you'll be happy to have as an ally. His supports are pretty nice, though a little repetitive at times.

- Takumi: The most realistic character, someone who you actually feel like a person, unlike most of the cast. Also pretty OP, especially for an archer.

- Flora: For a "Kamui-sexual" and side character, she's received surprisingly decent characterization, completely eclipsed Felicia in this regard. She's also a very serious person, unlike her sister.

- Leo: Well, he's pretty interesting. He looks the most formidable, but actually quite vulnerable. Initially, you'd have thought that he's just a stereotypical cold-blooded bastard who's more than willing to destroy you as he sees fit, but that's not the case. Takumi and Leo are perfect foil to each other.

- Saizou: Ninja bias. While I usually don't like the stereotypical "hot-blooded" type of character who tends to act irrationally, his supports are actually quite nice to read and they show different sides of him. He's also loyal to a fault. Design-wise, I like his styling the most out of the three ninjas. Furthermore,

I especially like the fact that Saizou and Kagerou are former lovers.

- Arthur: A pretty fun character, contrary to my initial aversion of his characterization.

- Benoit: A pretty nice guy. I like his armor design better than Effie's, especially the black color scheme.

- Kagerou: Ninja bias. I like her design and personality, and she seems to be recognized as a strong woman. She's a very good unit from what I've heard. Also see spoiler tag for Saizou above.

- Nishiki & Flannel: Canine bias. Finally, we have non-dragon transformers that don't seem to suck.

- Silas: Well, he's nice and loyal, also has a good design. That's all I can say about him, I haven't read much of his supports yet.

- Ryoma: Seafood bias. I mostly like his design, his personality and actions don't interest me that much. His supports are pretty solid though.

Favorite Characters Shared? Jakob and Kaze for sure. Though the Mozume supports are endearing.

Favorite Nohrians? Marx, Leo, Zero, Charlotte, Camilla, Elise, Pieri, Luna, Belka, Lazwald, Flora

Favorite Hoshidans? Ryoma, Kagerou, Saizou, Hinoka, Subaki, Sakura

Favorite Kids? Haven't paid much attention, but I'm attached to Siegbert and Shinonome?

Favorite All-Round? Marx and Ryoma.

Edited by Aquakat

Characters highlighted in BOLD are my absolute favourites.

Favourite Both Routes:

Izana, Jakob, Silas, Mozume

Favourite Nohr Characters:

Marx, Elise, Leon, Zero, Charlotte

Favourite Hoshido Characters:

Yuugiri, Saizou, Hinoka, Sakura, Setsuna, Orochi, Oboro

Favourite Children Both Routes:

Sophie, Kanna

Favourite Children Nohr:

Siegbert, Foleo, Ophelia, Eponine, Ignis, Velour

Favourite Children Hoshido:

Shinonome, Kisaragi

Favourite NPCs:

Iago, Zora, Mikoto.

Favorite Character(s) Shared? Gunther and Suzukaze

Favorite Nohrians? Marx, Elise, Benoit, Elfie, Pieri

Favorite Hoshidans? Ryouma, Hinoka, Takumi, Kazahana, Tsubaki

Favorite Kids? Midoriko, Sophie, Shinonome, Kisaragi, Kinu

Favorite All-Round? Ryouma

Favorite Characters Shared? Kaze, for sure. Love all his supports. Mozume is great. I like Felicia and Jakob, too, though a few of their supports are awful. Gunter (love his support with Jakob).

Favorite Nohrians? Leon is the best Nohrian royal and probably best Nohr character. I like Elfie, Artur (hilarious guy), Belka, Zero, Odin, Luna, Lazward, and Elise.

Favorite Hoshidans? Ryoma, Takumi, Sakura, Hana, Nishiki, and Asama (he's a laid-back priest with an afro-like hairstyle).

Favorite Kids? Right now, Shigure's my top favorite. Also really like Shinonome, Syalla, Foleo, Velour, Kinu, Eponine, Ophelia, Mitama, and Kanna of course.

Favorite All-Round? Kaze, Mozume, Leon, Takumi, Ryoma, Asama, and Shigure.

Not sure if I'm forgetting anyone though.

Edited by Yuina

I follow the Hate Thread, why not put in the Love Thread.

Favorite shared character is Kaze because he's pretty chill and sweet and augh. I just like him, okay?

Favorite Nohrians would be Flannel and Effie. Flannel is the only reason why I would even consider getting Nohr and Effie's supports are hilarious. Seems to have a bit of a Stahl attitude, and I am biased towards Stahl.

Favorite Hoshidans are Orochi, Hinata, and Takumi. Nothing fazes Orochi, she's so relaxed and the other two are just major dorks on the inside and I like major dorks. I'm totally not biased towards Hinata totally not

Favorite kids are Ophelia, Hisame, Velour, Midoriko, and Eponine. I'm getting tired so I won't go into detail haha.

Favorite all around is probably Takumi, as per most people. I don't have good reasons, I just really like him.

That is all.

Edited by Shadowess

Favorite Character(s) Shared? Suzukaze

Favorite Nohrians? Leon, Flannel

Favorite Hoshidans? Takumi, Nishiki, Oboro

Favorite Kids? Kinu, Foleo, Kisaragi, Deere

Favorite All-Round? Seriously, Takumi ! When people started to talk very bad of him I thought they will have a good reason for it, but after I started to read the story, supports and watch playthroughs, I ended liking this kid, the poor guy suffer a lot in the whole story, and I find him interesting , plus he is an archer! I love the archer class. Next is Nishiki because he is so cute and kind

Yay, a thread where I can finally gush about my favorites! Essay incoming.

For the shared characters, Felicia and Suzukaze are my darlings. Suzukaze is so nice and sincere, and he's also actually really awkward at interacting with others which is pretty dang hilarious sometimes (see his Silas support). Felicia meanwhile tries so hard and she's really adorable and very pretty and I like her relationship with Flora and she also leads to very hilarious situations. Silas is also great because he's such a nice best friend, and Aqua is unexpectedly adorable (her Nishiki supports!) and she's very kind too. I thought she was going to be cold and standoffish and I'm very glad that I'm wrong. Joker can be pretty funny sometimes. And Mozume's just precious. Izana is really nice too- I like his personality and how it contrasts with his appearance.

For Nohr I adore the entire royal family. And Gunther and Flora. And all the retainers, especially Lazwald, Zero, Arthur, and Elfie. Gosh Elfie is the cutest, and she's so nice, and amazing, and I really really love her. Arthur is hilarious and really, really nice and I like how optimistic he is. And oh gosh his supports with Lutz. Nyx and Charlotte are also amazing characters who I didn't expect to like as much as I do, and Benoit is adorable and nice and really awesome, and you know what, let me just say I love everyone from Nohr.

And from Hoshido, again, everyone in the royal family. And there's all of the retainers, every single one of them- Yuugiri and Orochi included. I love Saizou and Kagerou and how dedicated and hilariously serious they are (beach DLC), and also they used to be lovers! That's really cool and it really adds a layer to their relationship. Kazahana and Tsubaki are adorable too, and Setsuna as well. I like how competitive Kazahana and Tsubaki can be (also it's really funny that both Kazahana and Sakura bring up him falling off the horse in their supports), and Setsuna's really laid back and cute. Oboro is the best, and her supports with Hinata are great. And Asama- I really had no opinion on him but after his supports came out (especially his Elfie support) he immediately shot up my favorites list. Yukimura and Fuuga are really nice characters too, especially Yukimura.

For the kids. Well, the Kannas are adorable. I really, really like F!Kanna, which I didn't expect to at first. And Midoriko is just a little ray of sunshine who loves both of her parents very much and awww she's so cute. Sophie's a riot because she's so upbeat all the time despite her clumsiness and she has a hilarious personal skill. The royal kids are adorable, but major plus points to Kisaragi because he's so cute and energetic. Kinu and Velour are both awesome like their dads, and I love Velour and Flannel's relationship. Ignis is really cute. And Shigure is really nice and a little bashful about his singing but that's adorable too. Ophelia is amazing, Eponine can be really cute, and Soleil is very cool. Syalla is also really adorable, and I love her supports with F!Kamui. Matoi is wonderful (especially with Luna as her mother) and I really like Grey's concerns about inheriting the name Saizou. I just adore everyone.

Edited by wvype

Wee finally the thread for me.

Anyway, (in order of most loved, of their category, to "less" loved)

Favourite shared character: Mozume

Favourite Nohrians: Leon, Marx, Camilla, Elise, Zero, Charlotte, Nyx, Flannel.

Favourite Hoshidans: Takumi, Ryoma, Hinoka, Sakura, Orochi, Rinkah, Asama.

Favourite Kids: Foleo, Kisaragi, Eponine, Kinu, male Kanna, Shigure.

Favourite overall: Takumi, because he is just awesome and I generally love characters like him.

These aren't ordered in any real way, I'm just listing my top picks from each category.

Shared: Silas, Kaze.

Hoshido: Sakura, Hana, Takumi, Yuugiri.

Nohr: Charlotte, Leo, Odin, Luna, Lazward, Benoit, Arthur, Flora.

Kids: Shinonome, Kisaragi, Matoi, Ignis, Ophelia.

That makes it seem like I like Nohr more but that's not really the case. Nohr has more 'hits' but it also has more 'misses' whereas Hoshido is generally okay with only a few very good or bad characters.

Tbh Shinonome is an example of how I like characters to be written

He has a pretty distinct personality, he's a lot of fun, and he doesn't really have any significant front-and-center gimmick that gets rubbed in your face over and over again, at least that I've noticed. Like I feels that his character is written more...natural? And that's what I like about him. It does help that the first support I read of his was with Matoi, which is also one of his best and left a great impression.

I mean he's definitely not the only character who's written like that, but he gave me a very strong first impression of that and didn't disappoint after. Especially since I'm someone who tend to like the child characters less in general characterisation-wise, Shinonome was a VERY pleasant surprise.

I agree with pretty much all of this (other than not liking kids in general, I'm fine with them). Shinonome is great. He does have a 'gimmick' in his desire to be better than his dad, but compared to many other characters in the game it's very downplayed. Also, I too was introduced to his character via his support with Matoi and it's still one of my favourite supports so far, along with most of Charlotte's.

Shared: Kaze. Gunter. I made it a rule to keep myself in the dark about Azura, but I do like her from what I know so far. Mozume.

Nohr: Camilla. Elise. Lazward. Luna. Pieri. Belka. Charlotte. Nyx. Leon. Marx.

Hoshido: Hinoka. Oboro. Kagerou. Saizou. Orochi. Yukimura. Yuugiri.

Kids: Velour. Deere. Midoriko. Ophelia. Kinu. Hisame. Foleo

Top 5 (no order): Lazward, Oboro, Leon, Belka, Kagerou.

Favorite Character(s) Shared? Silas, Suzukaze and Gunter

Favorite Nohrians? I pretty much love all of them but on top of the heap would be Flannel, Camilla, Charlotte and Zero? Maybe Marx too.

Favorite Hoshidans? Does Mikoto count? I haven't played Hoshido so I don't really know about a favourite.

Favorite Kids? M!Kanna, Lutz and Eponine.

Favorite All-Round? I don't know if I have an overall favourite but I'm really leaning towards Flannel the actual puppy or Lutz. Marx and Camilla are up there too. Also yaoi fangirl aside I'm super partial to Eponine because of Les Mis.

Edited by nordopolica

whinging

The grammar Nazi within me objects.

Favorite shared character? Suzukaze (though Ryo's negatives apply).

Favorite Nohrian? Leon. Because, along with...

Favorite Hoshidan? Takumi, they're the most human characters and easiest to empathize with.

Favorite Child? From what little I've seen, I'm going with Deere. The whole "smart but lazy" attribute is something we share: we can apply ourselves and do a good job at something... if we just were willing to get off our butts sometimes and do it.

Favorite all-round? Leon. For reasons said above, plus a couple shared personality traits.

Favourite Character(s) Shared? Silas and Mozume

Favourite Nohrians? Leon, Odin, Flannel, Zero and Camilla

Favourite Hoshidans? Tsubaki, Sakura, Nishiki, Orochi and Takumi

Favourite Kids? Soleil, Eponine, M!Kanna, Kinu

Favourite All-Round? Lazward because I'm bias towards Inigo

Favorite Shared Characters? Silas and Kaze, what can I say? I'm a sucker for nice people. I also really like Felicia

Favorite Hoshidans? Ryoma, Sakura, Nishiki and Oboro

Favorite Nohrinan? Zero, Leo, Charlotte and Elise

Favorite Children? Shigure, Shinomone and I don't know why, but I really like Deere.

I love a LOT of characters! To name a few of them:

-Arthur: Captain Fire Emblem. One of the funniest character for me and, let's be honest here, his face is pure sexyness.

-Joker: I always had a thing for butlers and his attitude with everyone except Kamui is quite hilarious to me.

-Nishiki, Flannel and their daughters: Really well designed and cute.

-Kaze: Nice and chill. It's refreshing to see a character like him compared with the quite crazy ones.

-Eponine: She is the character who ressemble me the most. Plus, I love her design.

-Zero and Charlotte: Extremely weird but extremely fun.

Special mention: Pieri's hair and Matoi's nice re-design.

Favorite Character(s) Shared?

Joker, Kaze

Favorite Nohrians?

Camilla, Leon, Marx, Elise, Gunter

Favorite Hoshidans?

Asama, Oboro

Favorite Kids?

None

Favorite All-Round?

Probably Camilla, I guess.

Edited by CyborgZeta

Lets see here..

Gunther and Jakob, for shared units. Gunther is a pretty cool father figure for Kamui and Jakob is an asshole, but in a funny way.

Marx because I think he is the best sibling out of all of them in general in my opinion.

Arthur, Flannel, Charlotte, Belka, Elise, Leon, Camilla, Luna, Lazwald and Odin for Nohr-side.

Ryouma, Hinoka, Takumi, Sakura, Saizou, Oboro and Nishiki for Hoshido.

I prefer the Nohr characters over the Hoshidan ones though!

Favorite Character(s) Shared? Mozume, Felicia, Silas, Anna, Lilith. (And Fuuga, but he's IK only, so he's not exactly "shared", but I don't know where else to put him.)

Favorite Nohrians? Lazwald, Odin, Charlotte, Flannel, Gunter, Flora. (Zoura as well, but he's not playable)

Favorite Hoshidans? Takumi, Sakura, Saizou, Kagerou, Hinata, Oboro, Kazahana, Orochi, Rinka, Nishiki.

Favorite Kids? Kisaragi, Mitama, Matoi, Shara, Midoriko, Foleo, Velour and Ophelia.

Favorite All-Round? Odin, Oboro, Ophelia, Rinka,

Answers in bold.

Favorite Character(s) Shared? Joker and Kaze

Favorite Nohrian? Zero and Lazward

Favorite Hoshidan? Saizou and Takumi

Favorite Kids? URGH CANT DECIDE, but I guess Kisaragi und Éponine. Also GaiusGrey, but I don't really see him as a Child unit, really xD

Favorite All-Round? Zero (or Joker) probably, but I'll wait with the final verdict until I played the Game.

Honorable Mentions: Lutz, Deere, M!Kanna, Elise, Anna and Belka.

But those are not the only ones I like, but those that I adore. Actually I hardly really hate a characters, but there are some I dislike

Edited by Raid00m

Let's see there...

Shared: Felicia, Suzukaze

Nohr: Berka, Luna, Camilla (I'm starting to like team Elise as well)

Hoshido: If Nohr Lunatic didn't slow down my progress I'd have started to get my hands on it!

Child characters: Kanna, Sophie, Soleil (I may like Foleo as well when I unlock him)