Character Love Thread

Favourite Shared Character: Joker. I'm so gay for Joker it hurts.

Favourite Hoshidan: Probably Rinka. I don't care about the other Hoshidans much. I guess Ryouma's second because MUH SEIYUU BIAS.

Favourite Nohrian: Zero. Give me the gay.

Favourite Kids: I don't really give a shit about any of the kids except Shara for the gay. None of them appeal to me. Like, none are inherently bad (well, one is) but they just... don't appeal.

Overall: Joker and Zero both. Who needs Hoshido tbh?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shared character: Kaze.

Fave Nohrian(s): Camilla.

Fave Hoshidan(s): Setsuna and Hinoka.

Fave Kid(s): Kinu and Lutz.

Favorite All-Round: Hmm, I don't have one yet. I'm waiting for the games to be released over here.

Edited by Raumata

I put one male and female for each category because why not.

Shared: Suzukaze (because woah, he has everything going for him); Mozume (Villager bias + cutie patootie)

Nohr: It's a coin toss between Benoit and Flannel, tbh. I like how both characters are written. Same with the girls: either Charlotte or Belka.

Hoshido: Hinata (he's literally my best friend); if I had to choose just one female character, then Setsuna. Her personality is a quirky adorable.

All-round: Asama. He checks almost everything off in my character preference list. The only reason why he's not my favourite for Hoshido is because I'd get along with Hinata in real life, but I don't think I would with Asama.

Kids:

Shared: Shigure (husbando material for everyone); Sophie (my favourite kind of clumsy. abel helps.)

Nohr: Foleo or Ignis (they're both sweethearts); Velour (another quirky adorable)

Hoshido: Kisaragi (good supports and he's a ball of sunshine; Shinonome's a contender for this spot too though); Mitama (honestly, I love everything about her)

All-round: Mitama, for reasons stated above.

kinda funny that my favourites for each gen are daddy and daughter

Favorite Character(s) Shared? Jakob! F!Kamui, Silas, Kaze, Anna, and maybe Felicia and Azura, we'll see.

Favorite Nohrians? Elise! Effie, Odin, Zero, Nyx, Camilla, Belka, Flannel, Flora.

Favorite Hoshidans? Mikoto! Rinkah, Sakura, Hana, Subaki, Asama, Setsuna, Hinata, Takumi, Nishiki, Ryoma, Yukimura.

Favorite Kids? Foleo, Mitama, and Kisaragi! Kanna, Dia, Sophie, Midoriko, Shinonome, Grey, Siegbert, Velour, Lutz, Ophelia.

Favorite Captures? Draj! Also Nacht, Banba, and MAYBE Senou and Daichi.

Favorite All-Round? Elise, for sure :)

Reading his supports is making me really like Saizou,

Also we should strive to make this thread more popular than the Character Hate Thread, after all why waste our time hating rather that loving? Loving is the healthier option!

I think Charlotte is hilarious for being a parody of waifus.

You want all beautiful women to be pure and delicate love interests? too bad here's the complete opposite

This and the fact she's strong as Hell I really, really enjoy. Plus, the fact she can be brutish but also have feminine intersts.

Favorite Character(s) Shared?

Suzukaze because the loyal retainer thing always gets me.

Favorite Nohrians?

Elise. Sweet perfect baby sister. She's just so kind and cute and innocent aaahhhhhh I love her so much.

Zero because he's hilarious and bi representation woohoo.

Belka I actually wasn't expecting to like, but she has some insanely good supports (at least the ones I've seen).

Leon because he has a fabulous collar and likes tomatoes. And he's well-written imo.

Favorite Hoshidans?

Takumi because he makes me really want to dote on him for some reason. I honestly think he's the most well-written sibling, closely followed by Leon.

Saizou because I guess I like my Hoshidans abrasive.

Favorite Kids?

I don't like considering the kids canon so I don't have much to say about them.

Favorite All-Round?

Elise. Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure. Takumi is a close second.

I will use this post to gush out about the character I like the most, even though I have yet to play the game, thus it is too early for me to judge.

I must say, Shigure is amazing.

He is perfect, in my eyes.

Beautiful singing that causes animals to come near him? Check.

Loves animals and pegasi? Check.

Loves singing? Check.

Loves paiting, is passionate about it and draws just about anyone and anything? Check.

Pure? Sorta, and definitely more pure than most of the guys, so let's check.

I can't believe a character like him finally exists in FE...! He makes me so happy!

Yay yay yay yay yay!

I will do anything to make sure he'll be extremely powerful in all of my playthroughs. Why would I handicap myself by not using the male pegasus knight I always wanted?? In fact, I'm pretty sure I'll marry Aqua in IK ASAP and make him OP as hell through insane Kamui genetics. This guy deserves to be awesome, he deserves to be the whole game's MVP.

ALL HAIL SHIGURE, THE MALE PEGASUS KNIGHT FE DESERVES!!!111!!!11

Plus, it's rather cool that they imply his singing might be more powerful and possibly more devastating than his mother's. Wasted potential, but yeah, who cares. I gushed about even less relevant characters in FEs where there weren't even supports.

I will use this post to gush out about the character I like the most, even though I have yet to play the game, thus it is too early for me to judge.

Loves singing? Check.

Loves paiting, is passionate about it and draws just about anyone and anything? Check.

I can't believe a character like him finally exists in FE...! He makes me so happy!

Yay yay yay yay yay!

I will do anything to make sure he'll be extremely powerful in all of my playthroughs. Why would I handicap myself by not using the male pegasus knight I always wanted?? In fact, I'm pretty sure I'll marry Aqua in IK ASAP and make him OP as hell through insane Kamui genetics. This guy deserves to be awesome, he deserves to be the whole game's MVP.

Plus, it's rather cool that they imply his singing might be more powerful and possibly more devastating than his mother's. Wasted potential, but yeah, who cares. I gushed about even less relevant characters in FEs where there weren't even supports.

I know. He's great, isn't he? It's funny that one of my least favorite females births one of my favorite child units. I honestly wouldn't have minded if we had gotten him instead of Aqua for the story. I do wish he could inherit his father's hair, though. I like the pretty blue, but it would have been fun giving him different hair colors.

Favorite Character(s) Shared? definitely Joker and Felicia also Suzukaze, Izana, and Cyrus are pretty cool as well

Favorite Nohrians? I really like Charlotte, Leon, Elise, Flora, and Benoit

Favorite Hoshidans? Nishiki, Sakura, Orochi, Kazahana, and Oboro

Favorite Kids? Dia mainly. i'm also fond of Kinu, Shigure, Mitama, Lutz and Foleo

Favorite All-Round? Dia he's really adorable Joker is pretty close though

Edited by Lulu

I haven't been watching much footage, to avoid spoilers, but I came across some with Oboro and can I just say that I love her Japanese voice? It's sounds so unique to me and certainly makes her stand out among a lot of the characters just for that~

Loves singing? Check.

Yay yay yay yay yay!

His supports with Foleo are great and hilarious, so that's already making me favour him.

Favorite character(s) shared?

Kaze. But I do also like Mozume and Silas.

Favorite Nohrians?

Leon, Effie, Zero, Lazward, Odin, Charlotte, Flannel, Harold and Nyx.

Favorite Hoshidans?

Sakura, Saizou, Ryouma, Kagerou, Takumi, Hinoka, Nishiki and Oboro.

Favorite Kids?

Midoriko. Shinonome is close to being my favorite too though. But I also like Kisaragi, Sophie, Lutz, Kinu, Velour and Ophelia.

Favorite All-Round?

I can't decide between Kaze and Midoriko!

Midoriko is such a cutie and I love that she makes medicine and all, but I just really love Kaze too ugh.

Loves singing? Check.

Yay yay yay yay yay!

I didn't spoil myself on the kids so I had no idea he even existed until I played the game and married off Akua. Within twenty minutes I knew I was going to marry him. I married him so hard.

When he started singing in his confession scene I went "squee!".

Kinu and Shigure top my list.

I didn't spoil myself on the kids so I had no idea he even existed until I played the game and married off Akua. Within twenty minutes I knew I was going to marry him. I married him so hard.

Kinu and Shigure top my list.

Wait... Shigure sings in his confession scene?

Wow... that's... wow. That sounds really adorable.

Hearing that alone makes me want to marry him~

Wait... Shigure sings in his confession scene?

Wow... that's... wow. That sounds really adorable.

Hearing that alone makes me want to marry him~

Yes! He sing the main theme of the game. It's super, super adorable.

I'm gonna jump on the Shigure love train, he really is awesome, and to me his singing is very soothing, even more soothing than Aqua's, and did you guys know that Shigure's japanese voice actor also voiced Robin in Awakening?

I know. He's great, isn't he? It's funny that one of my least favorite females births one of my favorite child units. I honestly wouldn't have minded if we had gotten him instead of Aqua for the story. I do wish he could inherit his father's hair, though. I like the pretty blue, but it would have been fun giving him different hair colors.

Oh, I don't mind Aqua, and I do want to marry her to have Shigure as my child, so I don't have such issue, but Shigure for the story...?? Hmm... I'd be afraid he'd get ruined by it, since apparently it's not good. Besides, not many people would be keen on him: a friend of mine finds him ugly because he is girly :/ (yes, she is a girl)

Regarding the hair color... his Skinship model has grey hair! :o I wonder if he was planned to have a hair color that changes, but then they decided to go with the Lucina route... now I wonder which colors would look the best on him! Even if I do prefer him with Aqua hair, I'm rather curious.

I guess blonde and black would look cute on him, but some would be terrible too! Like... bright red!

His supports with Foleo are great and hilarious, so that's already making me favour him.

Yes! Those were pretty good. But he does seem to have a nice batch of supports, thankfully.

Plus he gets along with Foleo so well, it's really nice. I really like Foleo too! He is not the male troubador I was waiting for, but he is still good. His love for arts and finesse are what get me.

While I can't bring myself to marry him because I don't like him in -that- way (plus I still can't do cradle robbing! AAAA! Even if Shinonome is Sexy Japanese Ike ), I still like how his supports with Kamui were handled: they show some of his cutest traits, like his love for pegasi and nature, and his initial shyness towards his singing.

However, my favorite support for him so far is with Mitama. I love the fact that Shigure is an artist and that support really showed it very well, plus it doesn't feel rushed or tacked on. So nice!

Yes! He sing the main theme of the game. It's super, super adorable.

He actually does it in normal dialogue too =) Sometimes he hums the first lines of Aqua' song and he sounds pretty nice for not being a singer.

Now--- I want to add more to my Shigure Love Train.

I'm kinda sad he apparently won't be able to have chats with the older characters. The fanwanker in me really wants Shigure to meet some of the series' Pegasus Knights and fight alongside them! (since in the Awakening DLC I enjoyed some of those convos, like Cherche VS Ashnard)

Especially Shigure and Florina! Would she be afraid of him like she is with other men, or not?? After all he has a soothing, peaceful aura around him. She'd probably be puzzled at the fact that a guy is riding a pegasus at first, though.

AH! A thought just struck me... I wonder how his localized name will be. Hopefully they don't fuck it up.

I really like Zero! (Shigure's bae, too, guys)

When I first read his bio, it said nothing about his flirting or his teasing, just that he was a sadist...so I didn't really think I'd like him. His design didn't appeal to me, either.

Later, I was afraid he would simply be yaoi bait and not necessarily a well-defined character. Only being able to marry Kamui made me think he wasn't really a bi character, just into male Kamui for the sake of having a bit option. Beach DLC proved me wrong.

However, upon reading his supports, he has a fairly interesting backstory and I almost always laugh. He quickly became one of my favorite characters.

Design still doesn't appeal to me. Favorite character or not, still waifuing Xander because face... I'm so vain. :(

Setsuna, Silas, Felicia, Joker, Mozume, Oboro, Takumi, Hinoka, Kinu, Kanna, Shigure, Sophie and Deere/Dia. Dia and Kinu's entire support was really cute~

Edited by s07195

Oh, I don't mind Aqua, and I do want to marry her to have Shigure as my child, so I don't have such issue, but Shigure for the story...?? Hmm... I'd be afraid he'd get ruined by it, since apparently it's not good. Besides, not many people would be keen on him: a friend of mine finds him ugly because he is girly :/ (yes, she is a girl)

Regarding the hair color... his Skinship model has grey hair! :o I wonder if he was planned to have a hair color that changes, but then they decided to go with the Lucina route... now I wonder which colors would look the best on him! Even if I do prefer him with Aqua hair, I'm rather curious.

I guess blonde and black would look cute on him, but some would be terrible too! Like... bright red!

I wasn't even thinking about the story we have now, lol. I should've specified that. If we had a different, better story for Fates, it would have been neat to see what he would've been like if he was one of the main characters.

I was really wanting to see how he looked as a blonde with those yellow eyes. :(

I really like Zero! (Shigure's bae, too, guys)

When I first read his bio, it said nothing about his flirting or his teasing, just that he was a sadist...so I didn't really think I'd like him. His design didn't appeal to me, either.

Later, I was afraid he would simply be yaoi bait and not necessarily a well-defined character. Only being able to marry Kamui made me think he wasn't really a bi character, just into male Kamui for the sake of having a bit option. Beach DLC proved me wrong.

However, upon reading his supports, he has a fairly interesting backstory and I almost always laugh. He quickly became one of my favorite characters.

Design still doesn't appeal to me. Favorite character or not, still waifuing Xander because face... I'm so vain. :(

Literally this whole post.

Don't worry I think 90% of people first loved Xander cause his face.