Do you think they'll rewrite the story in the dub and upcoming Manga?

Pepper

I'm in the camp that thinks the Manga will be about IK and that they'll rewrite the plot cause as it stand's IK's plot line is utter trash the plot twist are simply idiotic it was like the script wasn't proof read at all in the production cause from what I gathered the writer made a 500 page draft for all three routes and I don't what happened but he shat the bed in writing department.

As for the dub I'm not too sure on what will go on if Treehouse will make the story flow better or something.

Also feel free to to post your thoughts on this.

I'm in the camp that thinks the Manga will be about IK and that they'll rewrite the plot cause as it stand's IK's plot line is utter trash the plot twist are simply idiotic it was like the script wasn't proof read at all in the production cause from what I gathered the writer made a 500 page draft for all three routes and I don't what happened but he shat the bed in writing department.

As for the dub I'm not too sure on what will go on if Treehouse will make the story flow better or something.

I think it will be largely the same for the localization. There is fixing minor flaws like the Black Knight's survival in Radiant Dawn but Fate's narrative woes are too deeply involved with the gameplay to really change much. I want to believe the manga will be a complete retelling of the story but it seems unlikely.

I want to believe.

I would think the manga will be side stories, kinda like Awakening's was.

Let's be realistic here…. minor details that don't have a huge impact on the overall plot might be changed if they think it makes it more believable or clearer, but they wouldn't change anything of real significance.

They have to work with the levels, cutscenes, etc., that they have, after all.

I think it will be largely the same for the localization. There is fixing minor flaws like the Black Knight's survival in Radiant Dawn but Fate's narrative woes are too deeply involved with the gameplay to really change much. I want to believe the manga will be a complete retelling of the story but it seems unlikely.

I want to believe.

Sometimes you have a person who can save story, but yea can someone tell me more about the whole 500 pages thing cause I only know a bit of it.

I hope there is minor tweaking in the localization, enough to smooth over one or two plotholes and provide better flow, (as well as changing Shenmei and Mikoto being sisters, because honestly, what purpose did that serve at all in IK?) but not so much that the entire concept of the plotline gets shafted sideways into an unrecognizable mess. I understand the problems that people are having with the storyline, but I also believe a lot of it is getting blown way, way, way out of proportion. The story in Conquest and in IK was not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be, at least not from what I know of it, but I accept that I'm in the minority camp here, so there's no point in making too much of a fuss.

As for the manga, I have no set opinion. I'd like to see anything and everything at this point, because more Fire Emblem makes me happy, and either or, it's going to be something I'll read, and more than likely will enjoy.

I agree that Conquest's and Invisible Kingdom's

crystal ball and curse that kills you if you talk about the Invisible Kingdom

plot twists are quite contrived, but I don't think they sound like something that would make the plot AWFUL…. its something that sounds like something that just might keep it mediocre rather than the great plot it could have had…..

Why do people complain about a twist like that when it's nothing new to the series whatsoever. RD did it first.

I've yet to see the plot, waiting for the localization, but as long as it goes somewhere unlike RD, I'll probably like it. I like Awakening's plot after all.

As for changes during localization, I fail to see the point since A. The draft is likely what the manga will end up being since B. the devs pretty much destroyed the draft from what I've heard to work with the game mechanics.

I hope there is minor tweaking in the localization, enough to smooth over one or two plotholes and provide better flow, (as well as changing Shenmei and Mikoto being sisters, because honestly, what purpose did that serve at all in IK?) but not so much that the entire concept of the plotline gets shafted sideways into an unrecognizable mess. I understand the problems that people are having with the storyline, but I also believe a lot of it is getting blown way, way, way out of proportion. The story in Conquest and in IK was not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be, at least not from what I know of it, but I accept that I'm in the minority camp here, so there's no point in making too much of a fuss.

As for the manga, I have no set opinion. I'd like to see anything and everything at this point, because more Fire Emblem makes me happy, and either or, it's going to be something I'll read, and more than likely will enjoy.

The plot is full of more holes then the film Shia just do it! Laboeuf starred in while its not the worst plot I've ever seen trust me I've seen some stinkers Eureka 7 Ao comes to mind.

I agree that Conquest's and Invisible Kingdom's

crystal ball and curse that kills you if you talk about the Invisible Kingdom

plot twists are quite contrived, but I don't think they sound like something that would make the plot AWFUL…. its something that sounds like something that just might keep it mediocre rather than the great plot it could have had…..

The curse that Kamui and Aqua were under could of been used much better.

I hope they can do something about Nohr's story, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Really, what can they do?

As for the manga, I'm not really excited for it. If it's not side stories, it'll probably be about the third route. I'm much more interested in Kamui's choice with him having to choose between the two families and how that affects them all. With my luck, if they did showcase the "choice", they'd probably have Kamui choose Hoshido. I'm far more interested in what they could do if they rewrote Nohr's story, and I wouldn't be able to bear reading through a manga where Kamui betrays the side that has my favorite characters. It's going to be hard enough to play through Hoshido.

I hope they can do something about Nohr's story, but I'm not getting my hopes up. Really, what can they do?

As for the manga, I'm not really excited for it. If it's not side stories, it'll probably be about the third route. I'm much more interested in Kamui's choice with him having to choose between the two families and how that affects them all. With my luck, if they did showcase the "choice", they'd probably have Kamui choose Hoshido. I'm far more interested in what they could do if they rewrote Nohr's story, and I wouldn't be able to bear reading through a manga where Kamui betrays the side that has my favorite characters. It's going to be hard enough to play through Hoshido.

They'll most likely do IK.

Judging from what little we've seen of the Treehouse localization so far, I wouldn't count on it.

Judging from what little we've seen of the Treehouse localization so far, I wouldn't count on it.

And we've seen not quite three full chapters. Wait until it's released to pass judgement.

Why do people complain about a twist like that when it's nothing new to the series whatsoever. RD did it first.

...People complained about it with Radiant Dawn.

The plot holes/twists in Conquest and IK are pretty bad. RD's twists were better than Fates imo.

In Conquest, Azura and Kamui were at the IK for a short time, which is how they got Gunther back. Azura could have used this time to avoid the curse and tell Kamui about the IK being the source of the war. What does she do? She just tells Kamui that they are at the IK and they head back to the surface with Gunther in tow and go along with the invasion of Hoshido like nothing happened. What's with this logic?! And I find it so hard to believe that Azura would so willingly help Kamui invaded Hoshido when she was raised there and treated nicely by the citizens. Sure she was kicked out later by Hoshido soldiers, but Ryoma and the other siblings tried to help her out. She backstabs them first chance she gets, making her seem very disloyal. It makes more since with Kamui since Kamui was raised in Nohr, but Azura? Plus, she already knows about the true cause of the war, so it makes it even worse.

In IK, Azura and Kamui can't say anything about the IK and try to tell the siblings to help them without telling them why. This plot twist was contrived but can work if executed properly, but it wasn't. The siblings trusted Kamui fully way to quickly after they showed in Ch 6 that they weren't siding with either. Not only that, it still makes no sense why Azura didn't say anything in Conquest when they were at the IK.

Honestly, if Azura was clueless like Kamui was, maybe the story would have turned out a lot better.

Edited by Yuina

I can't speak for why she kept her mouth shut, but at least it makes semi sense as to why she would fight with you in conquest, she wants the war to end asap, so she naturally sides with the fastest solution there.

At least this thing is more plausible than the blood pact too, since a much smaller group of people would be affected, it isn't as hard to explain who the targets are and why. Curses and time travel are always bad plot devices, but at least its limited to 1-2 characters this time around so the Asspull is a more plausible and explicable threat, unlike RD where it's never explained who qualifies as a Daein citizen, so you have no clue who is an actual target.

The plot holes/twists in Conquest and IK are pretty bad. RD's twists were better than Fates imo.

In Conquest, Azura and Kamui were at the IK for a short time, which is how they got Gunther back. Azura could have used this time to avoid the curse and tell Kamui about the IK being the source of the war. What does she do? She just tells Kamui that they are at the IK and they head back to the surface with Gunther in tow and go along with the invasion of Hoshido like nothing happened. What's with this logic?! And I find it so hard to believe that Azura would so willingly help Kamui invaded Hoshido when she was raised there and treated nicely by the citizens. Sure she was kicked out later by Hoshido soldiers, but Ryoma and the other siblings tried to help her out. She backstabs them first chance she gets, making her seem very disloyal. It makes more since with Kamui since Kamui was raised in Nohr, but Azura? Plus, she already knows about the true cause of the war, so it makes it even worse.

In IK, Azura and Kamui can't say anything about the IK and try to tell the siblings to help them without telling them why. This plot twist was contrived but can work if executed properly, but it wasn't. The siblings trusted Kamui fully way to quickly after they showed in Ch 6 that they weren't siding with either. Not only that, it still makes no sense why Azura didn't say anything in Conquest when they were at the IK.

Honestly, if Azura was clueless like Kamui was, maybe the story would have turned out a lot better.

Both Aqua and Kamui don't tell their families shit which is why shit goes so south in the first two routes, Ik it takes Kamui saying that he wants to bounce to Ryoma and Marx that the girl tells him more usefully sound information god the did they even take time to proof read this trash? Lol maybe that's why Treehouse is taking till 2016 they don't know how to fix this mess of a story.

And we've seen not quite three full chapters. Wait until it's released to pass judgement.

And from the three chapters of the localization we've seen, there's been awkward wording and characterization. They're not planning on meandering too far away from the original translation and the dialogue in many pivotal scenes reads awkwardly (see: Camilla) because of it.

Corrin: I'm out of my league. I have no choice... I'll have to use my Dragonstone.

Faceless: Grrraaaaargh!

Corrin: Dammit! I'm surrounded. I'm in deep trouble now. There's no way I can transform in time.

There's so many problems with the above line I'm not even going to begin.

Pepper's post was concerned with whether they would take the plot in better directions or change the dialogue to flow better, and we've seen no evidence of either so far. I'm not about to hold my breath for it.

Edited by Party Moth

And from the three chapters of the localization we've seen, there's been awkward wording and characterization. They're not planning on meandering too far away from the original translation and the dialogue in many pivotal scenes reads awkwardly (see: Camilla) because of it.

Corrin: I'm out of my league. I have no choice... I'll have to use my Dragonstone.

Faceless: Grrraaaaargh!

Corrin: Dammit! I'm surrounded. I'm in deep trouble now. There's no way I can transform in time.

There's so many problems with the above line I'm not even going to begin.

Pepper's post was concerned with whether they would take the plot in better directions or change the dialogue to flow better, and we've seen no evidence of either so far. I'm not about to hold my breath for it.

Do I think the story will be re-written? Nope. But I at least think passing judgement on the localization concerning dialogue flow when what we saw was a translation that was clearly very raw is being a bit too negative; it seems for all intents and purposes the localization had just started before E3. I wouldn't say it's unreasonable to expect the dialogue to be smoothed out over the next six months.

Edited by The DanMan

Do I think the story will be re-written? Nope. But I at least think passing judgement on the localization concerning dialogue flow when what we saw was a translation that was clearly very raw is being a bit too negative; it seems for all intents and purposes the localization had just started before E3. I wouldn't say it's unreasonable to expect the dialogue to be smoothed out over the next six months.

I don't believe what we saw at E3 is the final product in terms of localization, but this game has proven me wrong in at least twenty instances throughout the past four months so I can't help but express some serious concern over the localization. I must also note that "smoothing" the dialogue out will not fix the problems with it, only present it in a less awkward fashion. But then again, who knows, maybe the localization will be the pinnacle of Fire Emblem translations for years to come. Anything is possible with this game, I suppose.

Edited by Party Moth

I want to believe.

I believe that you will end dissapointed xD

Edited by ivanhellsing

I can't speak for why she kept her mouth shut, but at least it makes semi sense as to why she would fight with you in conquest, she wants the war to end asap, so she naturally sides with the fastest solution there.

At least this thing is more plausible than the blood pact too, since a much smaller group of people would be affected, it isn't as hard to explain who the targets are and why. Curses and time travel are always bad plot devices, but at least its limited to 1-2 characters this time around so the Asspull is a more plausible and explicable threat, unlike RD where it's never explained who qualifies as a Daein citizen, so you have no clue who is an actual target.

Except the curse has the same issue as the Blood Pact in that it's a combination of being so specific to push Kamui and Co. to go in a certain direction, yet also being overly vague.

Talking about Touma outside of Touma kills you? What happens if you write a letter that doesn't name the kingdom? Or if you use sign language? Or do a lip reading?

Edited by Alazen

^I didn't say I like the twist, put bluntly I hate it in both games, but at least it's more plausible ,still stupid but plausible, in this game than RD. How it works is still up in the air just like RD, but who will be affected at least is better handled here.

I don't know how to spoiler, so I'm just being really vauge to compensate

^I didn't say I like the twist, put bluntly I hate it in both games, but at least it's more plausible ,still stupid but plausible, in this game than RD. How it works is still up in the air just like RD, but who will be affected at least is better handled here.

I don't know how to spoiler, so I'm just being really vauge to compensate

I don't get anyone's logic in the Nohr path I really think Aqua and Kamui were at there dumbest there, Hoshdio is a second and the two are smarter in Ik cause they actually bother to explain their plans to the rest of the party still not great but its an improvement.

• 2 weeks later...

Well...Genealogy's manga had a fair amount of differences: http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Emblem:_Genealogy_of_the_Holy_War_(Mitsuki_Oosawa_manga)

So...there's certainly precedent for this and I think Kibayashi has more creative control of how the manga is written compared to the draft of Fates.

Edited by IceBuster573