carefreejules joodles (update: Three Houses in Smash)

carefreejules

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those all look real nice! You certainly know your way around color.

What mostly led you to go by your current stylistic choices, btw?

Oh man, there's a lot of different factors to this but most of it comes from looking at other people's art and being inspired by their styles!

I started adding additional highlight lines to my drawings because I've seen a lot of artists do that for their drawings and it makes their artwork look a lot more vibrant! That being said I obviously don't want to copy exactly what they've done because no matter what, no one can do something exactly what someone else had done so I had to work with what I'm personally capable of!

For me, it all comes down to inspiration :>

Sorry for the delay in pixels!

Here's Nishiki!

Anyone can use my pixels for their signatures as long as you credit me along the lines of: Pixels are made by carefreejules.

tumblr_inline_nvtv3wFFMp1rs86ql_500.giftumblr_inline_nvtv49TuWd1rs86ql_500.gif

tumblr_inline_nvtv42jxDx1rs86ql_500.giftumblr_inline_nvtv4hhXGd1rs86ql_500.gif

Edited by carefreejules

Sorry for the delay in pixels!

Here's Nishiki!

Anyone can use my pixels for their signatures as long as you credit me along the lines of: Pixels are made by carefreejules.

tumblr_inline_nvtv3wFFMp1rs86ql_500.giftumblr_inline_nvtv49TuWd1rs86ql_500.gif

tumblr_inline_nvtv42jxDx1rs86ql_500.giftumblr_inline_nvtv4hhXGd1rs86ql_500.gif

My husband! He is adorable as ever! :D

I was wondering who made these little guys. Very cute and funny, I like it!

So, it's like Glaceon Mage right? But can we suggest a character here?

Also, if I use on of your character, may I write this beside it (for joking):

''This pixel was OBVIOULY not made by carefreejules and TOTALLY made by me.'' (The reason for this ''joke'' is because my drawing skills are far away for being good. Last time I drawn a apple, it looked like a pumpkin so yea... If you don't want, it's alright. It's just for laughing at myself).

Edited by Nym

I was wondering who made these little guys. Very cute and funny, I like it!

So, it's like Glaceon Mage right? But can we suggest a character here?

Also, if I use on of your character, may I write this beside it (for joking):

''This pixel was OBVIOULY not made by carefreejules and TOTALY made by me.'' (The reason for this ''joke'' is because my drawing skills are far away for being good. Last time I drawn a apple, it looked like a pumpkin so yea... If you don't want, it's alright. It's just for laughing at myself).

Yeah you can suggest a character you'd like to see as a pixel!

I plan on working on Zero and Orochi next because multiple people have requested them.

Feel free to credit me however you want! As long as my pen name is there, be as creative as you want! :>

Yeah you can suggest a character you'd like to see as a pixel!

I plan on working on Zero and Orochi next because multiple people have requested them.

Feel free to credit me however you want! As long as my pen name is there, be as creative as you want! :>

Oh I see, I will wait that you have less work then.

do you make any original characters or anything like that?

I used to back when I was into other fandoms but I find it that creating characters and fleshing them out isn't my thing unfortunately :c I'll entertain the thought of making an original character or fan character but it doesn't go much deeper than that. I kind of end up forgetting about them and that makes me feel a little guilty ehe...

I used to back when I was into other fandoms but I find it that creating characters and fleshing them out isn't my thing unfortunately :c I'll entertain the thought of making an original character or fan character but it doesn't go much deeper than that. I kind of end up forgetting about them and that makes me feel a little guilty ehe...

i didnt mean so much fleshing out characters, i mean...fanart is fun, but its interesting to see someone's totally original art too. you dont have to bother if youre not interested but yeaahh

i didnt mean so much fleshing out characters, i mean...fanart is fun, but its interesting to see someone's totally original art too. you dont have to bother if youre not interested but yeaahh

Ooohhh you mean works of mine that aren't necessarily fanart? Like stuff I do for college? Unfortunately, I don't really draw per se for my major - most of it is all graphic design work that I don't think you guys would be that interested in seeing.

I do have work that I've done for my drawing class last year, which includes still life and nude model drawings - I wouldn't mind showing those things if there's an interest :>

Ooohhh you mean works of mine that aren't necessarily fanart? Like stuff I do for college? Unfortunately, I don't really draw per se for my major - most of it is all graphic design work that I don't think you guys would be that interested in seeing.

I do have work that I've done for my drawing class last year, which includes still life and nude model drawings - I wouldn't mind showing those things if there's an interest :>

Nothing hurt to show it. The worst thing that will happen is that some will not like it

You guys wanted original stuff so here you go! I only have two to show since these are the two that I'm the most proud of that I did in my first year. Plus, all my process work is really...messy. Like, charcoal messy so I didn't want to get my clothes dirty.

IMG_1525_zpscoy2dmnj.jpg

I did this for my Drawing Visualization class and I still really like it personally! The male model even thought that I did a good job on it!

tumblr_njjbkil9mn1rzdrddo1_500.png

And then this was for my Communication Design class.

Edited by carefreejules

Your two drawing are really beautiful!If only I could produce that for my art classes.

Thank you! It just takes some practice but drawing from real life is not easy so don't beat yourself up about it! I started drawing by looking at things in real life and you gain experience and an eye for it so it's something you develop with enough practice!

Don't be afraid to set down guidelines and break down the figure into simple shapes - that's one of the best ways to practice!