carefreejules joodles (update: Three Houses in Smash)

carefreejules

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is it really that much work? you made doing art seem so easy. good luck on that contest -3- i'm not even good enough to enter that contest lol.

Well, I don't draw ambitious things on a daily basis so the fact that I'm spending more than a few days on this drawing is more physically draining than it looks ;u;

• 3 weeks later...

That's looking fantastic

What's the sword marth is holding though?

Also, why don't you call this carefreejules joodles?

Thank you!

The sword is based on the one Marth was holding for one of his official artworks in New Mystery of the Emblem ~Heroes of Light and Shadow~ I was using as a reference (it's probably incorrect considering the position of the sword isn't face up in the official art but I tried ;;)

Annnnnd, I'll gladly change it to that hee hee

i cant believe i just noticed the joodles lolol

um when you draw, do you just freehand it or use guidelines and circles? it feels like im supposed to use guides but they gave me so much trouble

I draw everything freehand! I only use circles or shape tools for more mechanical or geometric shapes that are a part of the character's design.

Guidelines tend to be more helpful if you have more experience and knowledge of anatomy because you have a better idea of where anything should go even if it's just a messy guideline. Guidelines help the artist establish the form and pose. That's generally what guidelines are used for. If you don't have much knowledge of human anatomy, then you will struggle with drawing the body and limbs proportionally correct (Knowing proportions helps IMMENSELY).

When I draw my guidelines, they're very basic (albeit stick figures) but they help me when I'm sketching everything out like "OK the shoulders go here, the elbow bends here, etc"

I'm no professional artist by any means, but if you have a drawing and you're not sure about the anatomy, you can PM what you have and I can gladly give you my two cents.

Wow! This looks amazing amazing! I like how you included both male and female versions of Corrin and Robin.

Thank you!

I didn't want to choose between either genders so, the more the merrier! I love all the Robins and Corrins *u*

Wish I could color and shade so elegantly ;'O

I'm actually putting together a speed colouring video for this so I have lots of footage of my colouring and shading process :>

Progress Update: It is 2/3 completed in terms of colouring. After that I'm going to add nice effects, a background and text weeeeeeeeeeeee

• 2 weeks later...

Phew. I've managed to finish my entry for the Serenes Forest Scribble contest and I'm super stoked to see what everyone else made.

I've actually already posted the completed version elsewhere, but I will not say where ;)

I hope you're all looking forward to it!

I think the completed version of your entry ended up getting posted in the FE fanart thread some time ago.(I won't say where it was posted from since you won't)

If I'm right, I thought it came out really good.

Well I say posted but linked is more accurate.

Edited by DavidSW

Aha, I see it. We've underestimated the reach and determination of the SF community!

It's okay, I frequently forget how big we are because I don't socialize here as much as I used to, lol. That is one dedicated fanart topic.

Aha, I see it. We've underestimated the reach and determination of the SF community!

It's okay, I frequently forget how big we are because I don't socialize here as much as I used to, lol. That is one dedicated fanart topic.

Oh man I forgot that thread was a thing. I might just sift through that thread to find who posted it hahaha.

I think the completed version of your entry ended up getting posted in the FE fanart thread some time ago.(I won't say where it was posted from since you won't)

If I'm right, I thought it came out really good.

Well I say posted but linked is more accurate.

Oh dang, seriously? Well, that's alright! I'm flattered that someone thought it was good enough to show it to people :>

I love how I keep saying "ok last WIP" and then a few weeks later I'm like "have another WIP"

tumblr_o1fvzy4eW91rzdrddo1_1280.png

Look like Ike is still fighting for his friends XD.

(Unless he's the one besides Takumi... if that's the case, I'm blind).

Edited by Nym

No problem. You earned it and we are all friends. Keep it going. I hope you get the Special Edition as well. I am sorry that you could not get it, but you got this. Looking forward to more of your work ;). It's been an amazing one that I've seen. Happiness is satisfaction for all of us

Edited by Radiance

No problem. You earned it and we are all friends. Keep it going. I hope you get the Special Edition as well. I am sorry that you could not get it, but you got this. Looking forward to more of your work ;). It's been an amazing one that I've seen. Happiness is satisfaction for all of us

I hope you get it aswell, Jules :D You deserve it

Oh dang, seriously? Well, that's alright! I'm flattered that someone thought it was good enough to show it to people :>

There have been a few in that thread that I recognized as yours haha

This is one of the threads in creative I frequently lurk in, you do good work