carefreejules joodles (update: Three Houses in Smash)

carefreejules

um watching your speedpaint videos for help...when you were shading colours with the pen, do you just keep undoing your strokes until you do one you like? and how do you blend the colours in after so fast? i'm confused.

Drawing comes from practice and hard work - it's not something that you need to wish for :>

You have the power to accomplish and achieve great things with drawing - you just have to set your mind to it!

Just as Bob Ross once said, "Talent is a pursued interest. Anything you're willing to practice, you can do."

Don't give up! You should be very proud of where you are because the drawings you've ever made, can only be accomplished by you and no one else, and that's something to be proud of :>

10a1a5a452fc02c067488dc50ea9b438.png

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

um watching your speedpaint videos for help...when you were shading colours with the pen, do you just keep undoing your strokes until you do one you like? and how do you blend the colours in after so fast? i'm confused.

Undoing is my best friend so yes.

When I blend my colours, I have each blend on a separate layer. After I cell shade the main part of what I'm shading, I make a new layer on top of it and colour the darker portion of what I'm shading and then blur. It's the same with the highlights where I make a new layer, colour the lighter portion of what I'm highlighting and then blur.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

girl i feel you. why the blue colour?

Working with a limited palette helps you with shading :>

Sometimes artists will work in gray scale to establish shadows and highlights before putting in colour.

The same could be said with using only one colour. You're training but limiting yourself to only use light and dark values of a colour.

Working with a limited palette helps you with shading :>

Sometimes artists will work in gray scale to establish shadows and highlights before putting in colour.

The same could be said with using only one colour. You're training but limiting yourself to only use light and dark values of a colour.

*Casually takes notes for own art classes*

Also, awesome work.

commission_zpsqsgk8g0n.gif

Thank you so much for commissioning me, Leanne!

Please note that this is Leanne's pixel, so unless you are the commissioner, you may not use this pixel.

aw, commissions xD Nice commission though

I like your pixelart a lot! Your digital drawings are fantastic as well! Like your colors choices are so good too, they are all colorful but do not hurt the eye at all. It's fantastic!

Thank you so much ^^

Now that school is done, I'll have lots of time to draw and produce more fun things :>