Run down on Castle statues...

Airship Canon

Alright, simple question: Did IS get stupid and let these into PvP?

Also, do they [Assuming ONLY L3, because min/max bastardry] affect Einherjar?

Basically, are we looking at the existence of "Limit Breaker, but worse?"

I serously doubt they have competitive play in mind. Fire Emblem is first and foremost a single-player series, and the most important balance they need to pay attention to is between the player and the enemies, which I'd say they did well (um, better than previously), at least in Nohr.

I'm confused about them. Is it like +1 to that stat's cap for whoever is affected?

Yes, they raise caps, and they need to be on the castle map to have any effect. If you remove a statue while a stat is capped out and then rebuild it the game will 'remember' your stats, like with class changing. Have fun juggling statues and facilities when you need them. Also Ike x Soren confirmed.

Hopefully someone will be able to confirm if these boosts PvP stats soon. If not I should be getting my Japanese 3DS in a couple days and will test it once I best a story mode. If it is in multiplayer then expect everyone to have like 50+ speed, without pairup/rally. :\

Just so you know they are not completely broken since you are only aloud 50 buildings in you My Castle including as said buildings, decorations(Like trees), statues etc.While still a bit broken not as broken.

What I wanna know is, what to they look like in my castle in first-person view?

Not like the characters at all, they just look like somekind of cliche manly-grec-statue thing. It's dissapointing. Still pretty to look at though but... it feel like a waste.

Honestly I only ever used them as decorations. And because I can buy them.

Edited by B.Leu

Just so you know they are not completely broken since you are only aloud 50 buildings in you My Castle including as said buildings, decorations(Like trees), statues etc.While still a bit broken not as broken.

Oh no... I wanted to keep my hot spring and stuff.

I guess this is where people remove hot springs and face petting and all of that for more statues...

After you have all the items you need then you can just clear everything for 50 statues. Which means 50 extra stats on all of your units. Granted they all won't be in one skill but that's still like 10+ to each stat chosen.. It's pretty broken to those who want nice looking bases not fulled of statues. Not to mention the time it would take to stay 'competitive' online. Hopefully it doesn't include PvP otherwise it's just limitbreaker that doesn't cost a skill slot, sadly. :\

Oh no... I wanted to keep my hot spring and stuff.

I guess this is where people remove hot springs and face petting and all of that for more statues...

I'd rather destroy all the trees, tbh.

Sigh...that's really annoying and basically forces you to have 50 statues up to have any hopes of being competitive...worse than Limit Breaker indeed >_>

Well, can't you just choose a map other than My Castle in PvP?

If it helps anything, I can confirm that the castle statues do affect PVP / Online Multiplayer. Just tried it out, and my stats are the same as in My Castle (I have around +10 Golden Statues now).

That is really disappointing.

I think I'm just going to ignore PvP altogether.

If it helps anything, I can confirm that the castle statues do affect PVP / Online Multiplayer. Just tried it out, and my stats are the same as in My Castle (I have around +10 Golden Statues now).

Thanks for letting us know.

I was really looking forward to PvP but this information hurts... I guess my castle will just have 50 statues so I can keep up with the other online players..

Not to mention some stats have more statues than others.. I guess this will make online even more interesting but grinding those 100 kills per unit is going to hurt.

Edit:

Just to give an idea how crazy this is, you can pretty much choose 50 stat points to give your entire army out of the following:

(For Third Route)

9 Strength

8 Mage

12 Skill

11 Speed

5 Luck

9 Defence

9 Resistance

(Plus Kamui/Kannas asset stats)

Edited by WinterMudkip

I honestly don't care about the multiplayer, so the only way this comes into play for me is if stuff like Apotheosis level DLC emerges…. and even that might not need 50 statues….. indeed, I don't think they'd expect us to go THAT far.

I honestly don't care about the multiplayer, so the only way this comes into play for me is if stuff like Apotheosis level DLC emerges…. and even that might not need 50 statues….. indeed, I don't think they'd expect us to go THAT far.

It doesn't matter what they expect us to do, the mere fact that it is possible means people will do it.

It would be fine as long as there are settings that allow us to ignore the effects of statues in PvP matches. If it isn't already there, it better be patched in.

Thanks for letting us know.

I was really looking forward to PvP but this information hurts... I guess my castle will just have 50 statues so I can keep up with the other online players..

Not to mention some stats have more statues than others.. I guess this will make online even more interesting but grinding those 100 kills per unit is going to hurt.

Edit:

Just to give an idea how crazy this is, you can pretty much choose 50 stat points to give your entire army out of the following:

(For Third Route)

9 Strength

8 Mage

12 Skill

11 Speed

5 Luck

9 Defence

9 Resistance

(Plus Kamui/Kannas asset stats)

Based on that you have to give up 13 statues to get 50(Not including Kamui and Kanna's but if we do that would be 15).TBH I would say Luk and the defensive stats are worth giving up.(Also remember that Kamui's is based on your asset and Kanna's your flaw)

Wait, I'm confused, don't these statues ONLY boost stat caps inside your castle, and isn't there a limit on how many of a certain building type you can have?

I could swear I read both of these things somewhere.

50 statues is a bit over the top, since My Room is a required structure I believe, so can't you only have 49 buildings.

Also heard Lilith's shrine is required so 48 for the spammers then

If they are really this unbalanced, there is such a thing as updates that change this function.

Based on that you have to give up 13 statues to get 50(Not including Kamui and Kanna's but if we do that would be 15).TBH I would say Luk and the defensive stats are worth giving up.(Also remember that Kamui's is based on your asset and Kanna's your flaw)

Ah so Kanna's bonus is. My bad. Thanks for picking up on that.

Edited by WinterMudkip

Wait, do the statue bonuses carry over outside of My Castle? If so, that would be broken.

If not, then why not just not choose to battle on the My Castle map?

Edited by Leif