Klok Plays: THE ADVENTURES OF THE BOULDER AND CAPTAIN PHANTOM

Klokinator

Changed my mind, have screenies of 6 anyway.

[spoiler=Quick chapter 6]

jqrYtFx.png

The starting position. Everyone races to the southeast.

MEPF57I.png

This will be useful to me.

56z4mzS.pngU61ZHOZ.png

Crap tier levels.

xlPDiXk.png

Slightly better.

Pww6JpA.png

He died, I don't even care. He was literally useless the whole game.

QVZQOYW.png7CWoPea.png

This is the part of the game where the bosses stop fucking around.

DSGjas3.png

This battle took literally 10 turns.

tAQ1e3N.pngivVzvps.pngV27TnV3.png

8HLwqke.pngqpY8d68.pngk6XCSxT.png

Only Seth, Tethys, and THE BOULDER could hurt the boss. Also, after heal grinding and summon grinding, CAPTAIN PHANTOM could do a teeny bit of damage too.

hK847RW.png5MnDM8e.pngjAfRpJP.png

If I need to, Fado can be promoted now. Will try not to promote anyone until level 20 if at all possible though.

UGt2wB8.pngTol8LEr.png

CAPTAIN PHANTOM before and after I grinded a bunch of attacks on the boss.

B6DI49n.pngaHdtExc.pngggl3GXl.pngkqHcM6P.png

Not only did THE BOULDER gain speed, this mother fucker somehow did it twice in a row! TOOK YOU LONG ENOUGH, BUDDY!

j05QS5T.png

I gave Seth the boss kill. He's so great now. I mean, he's no Tethys, but still...

bKUOhPv.png

This is why I will never have kids.

2dvZepd.png

Oh sweet a free 5,000 gold.

RIP Hayden you will not be missed, you shitty light magic user.

Edited by Klokinator

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back to another boring chapter of- OH HEY GUESS WHO GOT PROMOTED THIS CHAPTER?

[spoiler=Chapter 7 it was Seth OOPS DID I SAY THAAAT?]

I suffered some major emulator issues. Most of the LP was done using visualboyadvance, but on chapter 6 I decided to 'update' to VBA-M, and it fucked up EVERYTHING. It isn't compatible with save files, dumb shitty flickering issues, and awful slowdown. Stick to the VBA from 2011, this new shit is actually worse.

QmCNhbv.pngCBLPFUa.png

KNIGHT CREST

I won't be able to promote Tethys until chapter 9, but that's not far away at all!

BrSsoyq.pngfvmpRGj.pngBF3cAYX.png

These generic enemies are starting to become real shitters.

v7iI6gK.png5QwfQqW.png

The nice thing about a maxed-stat thief is how easy it is to steal stuff like this.

HVynzaM.png

These mercs are the ABSOLUTE WORST.

5By86Bx.png

As you can see, I had to restart and replay chapter 6 offscreen, Hayden is alive now. I got sick of doing that chapter so instead I just had Tethys race to the boss and kill him while Seth stuck around to protect Ewan as they grabbed the village. Thusly, Hayden is magically alive again. I suspect vampirism saved him.

iBZ8sro.png

Ismaire had loads of potential but in the end, she's not gaining good levelups to keep up, nor are any of my other units. It's literally THE BOULDER, Sethys, and maybe Ewan doing all the heavy hitting. And Ewan will die to anything remotely resembling a physical weapon at this point. The ballista on this level dealt 12 damage to him, and he only has 13 HP.

6ZR7w3j.pngSifJ1qu.png

Tethys will take out the people up top and grab the energy Ring, Seth and a few others will clear out the bottom, and three random people will go up the top left and kill the mage/axe guy.

q9bBoDN.pngeQ0Gxtl.png

These soldiers aren't fucking around any more.

xhpIpdk.png

At this point in the game, any of my off-units getting better than a 60% hitrate is cause for rejoicing.

OVFDsu1.png

I can't wait until I get Ephraim. Innes is dead weight at this point.

DvlHjvx.png

My keikaku went according to plan.

[spoiler=definition]

Plan means 'plan'.

xRE4vOM.png

Ewan might seem to be shitty, but he can actually be useful VS other mages.

je9WCys.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClQcUyhoxTg

1QjxBpu.pngzxXtLa1.png

The Sethys combo is soooo good. So good.

t2I5tvi.png[

KEEP THIS UP, PLEASE.

2cpABLe.png

This won't save you from the bench, Shin.

Myn7Egz.png

GET SOME STRENGTH YOU DAFT CUNT

qvRYCzb.png

Your speed will start to suck soon, but n the meantime you're a pretty OK tank. Also that SKL means you can't hit anything for shit.

jxrEDne.pngWocjMSl.png

The boss does 12x2 to Seth when he has a Steel Sword equipped, so THE BOULDER hatches a devious plan to wear out the bosses' uses via summon spam!

vDrxR60.pngpfNh1Q4.png1ydNzAN.png

There's more than one way to skin a cat.

6p0Hjt6.pngalyXkOF.png

The summon has started spawning with motherfucking killer axes. Seriously, CAPTAIN PHANTOM is one of the best units in my army at this point.

3Xf53SA.pngHlY3jOV.pngIXFvfqS.pngEyjByeh.png

After Seth kills the boss... IT IS TIME TO PROMOTE!!! I could wait until level 20, but I'm starting to need serious stat boosts at this point.

v5q7J3R.pngxzxyxxq.png

pZxrls6.pngw98KX9I.png

Unfortunately, he loses MOV no matter what he promotes to. However, getting an extra weapon level, having +1 movement over Paladin, and having better stat-ups makes Great Knight the stupidly obvious choice.

lnU68dT.png

THE BOULDER once again demonstrating his incredible ninja tactics first used in Vietnam, no doubt.

Turns taken: I don't care anymore.

Huh, I've been using VBA-M for a long time and never had any savegame problems until a few days ago and it was easily fixed. Just make sure under Options>Emulator>UI Language that English is checked, and not System. If you have a capable PC, it theoretically shouldn't have any performance issues either.

I just love how without the Boulder's summons, this'd be practically impossible. I fear for anybody who takes on the ~100% growth increase when they randomize and don't get a summoner.

Ewan is decent at dealing damage, but dies to anything stronger than a breeze.

Saleh has shit for damage, SPD, DEF, etc. He does have a ton of HP and slightly less RES than Ewan, plus I think he can properly promote unlike Ewan.

Overall, Saleh is probably slightly less shitty than Ewan. Of course, his route will undoubtedly be much harder too so...

Assassin could be nice for Tethys (I bet she like the ass) but also you wouldn't be able to steal anything unless you get another thief/rouge (or you employ some haxing to make assassins abel to steal).

Clearly you should choose to play the Cap'n Phantom Route. I honestly couldn't decide which of the Lords I felt was shittier so I had to flip a coin for route choice.

I mostly picked Bishop because their animations are shiny. Also because I felt it was better and I figured you could probably use a break, but the move thing is kind of hilarious.

Sorry for my noobness, but how do you check the growths? can you do it with only VBA, or do you need something like nightmare?

I mostly picked Bishop because their animations are shiny. Also because I felt it was better and I figured you could probably use a break, but the move thing is kind of hilarious.

Yeah, ended up going with Bishop. The forum was practically unanimous.

If Moulder became a tier 3 and his levels reset, would the Phantom lose levels too?

Probably. Still, WORTH IT!

Sorry for my noobness, but how do you check the growths? can you do it with only VBA, or do you need something like nightmare?

I just go to the character editor in nightmare, yeah.

ALRIGHT PEOPLE, NEW CHAPTER WITH BADASS NEW UNITS!

[spoiler=PICK A ROUTE AND PRAY]

vN1yPmW.png

At this point the weaklings in my army are just dead weight and liabilities. I left them behind.

cuMzAGn.png

Up top is a Tethys solo adventure with THE BOULDER for backup healing. Thank god for armorslayers!

qSSVBXM.png

Turn 2, the DUKES OF BADASS show up!

dgJOEBZ.pngCx1eSE7.png

Yes! He still has the stone! This is going straight to best!monster.

CQ4GSl8.pngdC8ZVhV.png

I'm leaning more towards your route.

IvD5kaf.pngYZlVa4d.png

At this point Natasha can go either way. With a bunch of good levels she'll be fantastic, but a couple shitty ones and she's benched. The first hero crest is going to Ephraim, either way.

ZbkDVU6.png7KltVD9.png

After soloing every single knight, she still isn't dead. Fantastic! New poll will be up soon for that robe '3'

gE584If.png

Not even gay, but I'd stick my dick in you.

w86nFQ0.png5wJDDev.png

The boss is super underwhelming. 1 range locked? Shitty stats? Sword user? Bitch plz. I ate weaklings like you for breakfast 6 chapters ago.

RybBKVy.pngZrSEjZW.png

Mercs are still the most annoying shitheads at this point. Luckily they have no power VS my Great Knight and THE BOULDER!

UAJtE5E.png

Yes. Get speed.

zQp5wdS.png

YES. GET SPEEEED!

ZVZpifI.png

Just to show how much damage THE BOULDER is doing to the boss. 13 MAG the whole game and still not too shabby.

IrSx9Iv.pngxhB1qdL.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4

j4OEoSM.pngDeiEVeU.png

#nofliers

#noarcherseither

#fuckmylife

mR9mmtz.pngKgJjSTg.pngFpTxZRo.png

iIWsuUh.pngvk8LzBl.pngQjqVnZi.png

1deRk7A.pngeesrAQD.pngpcKGIOk.png

Fado is fucking fantastic. I healgrinded him by letting THE BOULDER take miniscule damage from the boss.

YuKr9se.pngCVrkgla.png

2dqTScg.png0109cQA.png

Welcome to the T2 club, friend. And if this were FE8CM, there'd be a T3 in your future.

g4VGLkK.png

Not bad.

9llotOP.png

The dragonstone is utterly insane by this point in the game. Utterly insane.

Z8Md8aa.png

Get speed, faggot.

xK5QGUX.png

You will be rekked too.

RtthEOw.pngzWzxiPO.png

WHO IS IT GONNA BE?

...WHY NOT BOTH?

Edited by Klokinator

Alright, micro-update!

-We're going to do Saleh's route because ima badass

-Tethys will be an assassin

-Fado is now a bishop

-Keikaku means keikaku, stupid

-Moulder DOES get a T3!

Also, starting next chapter we can FINALLY put that Rapier to good use. And a new poll is up too '3'

Edited by Klokinator

Nobody wants to post here anymore :(

Anyway, another micro update! Playing Saleh's route, and a few images before starting the next chapter!

PP6qmxV.pngzpKgP0U.pngVU4IAbu.png

Fado is DESTROYING as a bishop. 15 monsters have called in restraining orders on him.

wFMlQTw.pngQFFFqIX.pngWxnPZ26.png

Natasha is looking more and more like a benchwarmer, in the meantime.

Minor request: when next you grind in the Tower, can you screencap that apparent beastly Manakete people are talking about?

It's random for everyone. You can see in the fado level ups that Klok's floor 1 tower boss is a gwylgii, not a manakete. Sorry.

Also Tana's replacement in chapter 9 should start with a weapon I think, unlike normal. So if they're bulky enough to survive, you could have them bust out early.

Although it might have just been because my Tana was a monster class that uses monster weapons.

(More specifically, WOLF CITY.)

Klok, no one wanted to post on your because of my Marisa.

Doing grinding too eh?

Me too. :T

I'm not risking an unit loss on Phantom Ship. T_T