Klok Plays: THE ADVENTURES OF THE BOULDER AND CAPTAIN PHANTOM

Klokinator

Mini update and new poll is up!

W9lmtkH.png7qtNO4f.png
The Lazy Goddess absolutely wrecks the first floor of the tower, even at only level 13. That one Entombed is still a monster and a half, but with Fado as backup, he just served as an EXP slurpee.

yAs7NJK.pngH48Mm71.pngpqDwa4P.png
adCsaa4.png6A64V08.pngV7wWxlj.png
qqrHfXH.pngYv3DNhE.png6n5ueFy.png
Not bad! One of the top tiers, for sure.

xIzjjav.pngPYbNsZE.png
So, what class should she promote to?

6qp7dC1.pngkvnM9NM.png
xmUDS2E.png6kVhyGl.png

Obviously, General only has 4 movement. However, the far better caps AND promoion bonuses and great shield means she might be better in the final chapters, even if she's a slow lumbering mammoth. As well, we already have SEth on Great Knight duty. I say I should make her a General and give her the boots when they appear!

I'm leaning towards General, but what are your guys thoughts? Vote in the poll above!

Dq4YQUu.pngqr1Ymf2.pngS2x3IIH.png

Oh, also these two got some shitty levels as well. :/

Edited by Klokinator

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I've seen in your playthroughs, the game randomized seems to prefer tanky units.

A few units have good HP growths, and therefore will get destroyed if their HP base is bad. That's why if your unit has 30 defense, she won't be annoyed by bad HP base.

Speed Min-maxer are also less useful because most units will have good and capped speed later on. That will only be not to get doubled, and you'll just get to be hurt by the weapon if you have capped def.

So, the best min-maxers seem to be Str-Def-Res. Add HP to that, and you've got your tanky unit for the game.

Balanced unit with good hp growths are better though.

You'll also like to have a chosen Res Tank and a Def Tank.

Your units are really good though, so you won't need a thing, I guess.

Even THE BOULDER will look great in the end.

I agree with General.Plus,both GK and General can use swords,axes and lances,so you aren't missing out there.

Edited by ShadowShine

Another micro update, next full update is coming soon.

[spoiler=SETH AND THE QUEST FOR SAXES]

YK0FSuU.png

Seth is currently about to S rank Lances. That would be fine, except the Lazy Pink Goddess is also close to S ranking lances. I also have Tethys on sword duty, so...

YtUwdNp.png

LET'S DO DIS

TIME TO GET SOME SAXES

QCHzLfK.png98huUdv.png

First tower floor, only one level up, already gotten to BAXES. (That is, back taxes)

QA8WNgF.pngmSNZo9c.pnguo1fKVi.png

Next floor tower, two levels, got some A-AXES eventually (That's when you try to say 'axes' but stutter like a retard) and also a Battle Axe. Neat!

mc0wiW5.pngzqGJxnC.pngZAJ37Pe.png

Third floor, enemies stop fucking around and bring their slayer weaponry A-game! But Seth also brings his A-game for a devastating level!

HCMAgdd.pngZBA4rkU.pngBumQlIG.png

Third floor, enemies stop fucking around and bring their- oh wait, I said this already. SO MANY SLAYER WEAPONS ON FLOOR THREE!

9PwRtmF.png

Aaaand we're done! Next update: CAPTAIN PHANTOM'S ORIGINAL BIRTHPLACE! THE UNDEAD SHIP OF DOOOOOOOOOM!

Seth's SKL sucks. Axes are probably his worst weapon because of teh hitrates, lol!

Edited by Klokinator

Legit update.

Welcome back once again to... chapter 11: THE UNDEAD SHIP OF DOOOOOOOOOM!

Also, this is a failed run.

[spoiler=Chapter 11 Part 1]
lFizZhp.pngKGXejlf.png
Seth uses up that skill book, because his SKL really does suck quite a bit. Anyway, I can get unlimited of these in the first floor of the ruins, with a hint of RNG abuse.

VrZFXA4.pngke54MMX.pngxSl0eRr.png
Many people complain about fog on this chapter, but it's never really given me any trouble. You can buy all the torch staves you want.

3vtsVUH.png
My first action though is to have Vanessa rescue Captain Shitlord. Get it? It's because he's a SHITTY LORD.

1KETiDC.pngzRkY4f1.pngDamjXQO.png
First turn, this happens.

VgidpUz.png
OH GOD PLEASE NO

j5fmDqu.pngRj8jt80.pngq3HmJTM.png
There are two of these Entombed here, and they do not fuck around.

9cGr7Mx.png
But even they don't hold a candle to this piece of shit.

8F2K9Hx.png
Aaaanyway, I restarted and tried a new tactic. Summoning CAPTAIN PHANTOM is always a genius way to foil my foes!

hbRsMmT.png
The phalanx formation has never failed me on this chapter!

a7CbaDY.png
Gotta love how my Great Knight has enough RES to shrug off all magic user attacks!

aGdsMrn.png
In all honesty, this chapter has NEVER given me any problems. I find it to be quite easy.

uK3StsG.png
Curses!

zrirAPF.png
54934722.jpg

kD4bJdH.png
CAPTAIN PHANTOM is always a useful decoy!

1A8Rfrs.png
Natasha is still useless. I'm gonna have to tower abuse her after this chapter so she can become a class with actual MOV stats. I'm leaning towards... swordmaster?

smLZdX4.pngwedCaJw.png
Lazy Goddess and Fade Out pretty much wipe the floor with their foes.

tU10Rik.png47Pp62r.pngpwgmcCb.png
...k.

oQL1eku.png
Thanks, BOULDER!

mzsQ4rx.pngO56kW07.pngpPsNbEA.png
Damn, that damage HURTS!

djAtZwe.pngq3tXdxh.png
ALL RIGHT! NEW UNITS! TIME TO GET SOME BADASS- wait, is that a knight in the cutscene?

DYT0wM6.pngnnmaDT6.png
You've gotta be kidding me. These stats wouldn't be acceptable in chapter THREE!

AD9tXWC.pngveOHlWa.png13lDQh9.png
Pretty alright! Plus, an alternate bow user is always nice! Growths will make or break him of course, but I'm holding out hope.

SYxPvrh.pngyuEZ9MQ.png
Tethys activates Silencer. 3.3% chance, right there.

LbOwjZH.pngTX3pYwK.png
Natasha is so worthless in battle at movement wise that I decide, fuck it. I'll just use her as a torch bot. But wait, is that... an enemy swordmaster???

ZRcQV3a.pngRv386BD.png
Hahahahaha it is!!! And with a droppable brave sword. OooooooooOOoOoOOoOOh...

if6TLtk.png
Flute and Cornmug see his entourage out.

cUzqkCd.png
Even with Luna and doubles, still can't quite kill the Entombed with THE BOULDER! Oh well.

mDZzmwX.pngOBZj3OT.png
See, this is where I realize the issue with this chapter. I don't really care about recruiting Eirika, but I do want Gilliam. If Eirika dies, however, then I also can't recruit Gilliam. And since Eirika is pathetically weak, I have to restart if she dies. And even with me moving Fado right here, I can't get to her in time to kill off flying nemies.

MX60lpK.png

And thusly, she dies.

So yeah, gonna have to level her to 10, not that I'm planning to use her, just so I can recruit Gilliam. Ugh.

Back next time!

Since when is Syrene Vanessa?

Oh boy these promoted.

Every time you'll encounter one you'll say "WHY" and curse the game because of their awesome stats. Get ready for capped everything enemies by chapter 15, I guess!

And yes, Eirika sucks. But hey, I don't think any of L'Arachel's replacement besides a Manakete could have survived that.

Gilliam looks okay. If his growths are good, he can be a decent Nidhogg user for you.

Though his growths are probably not going to hold on. His base growths are not that great...

If you get Myrrh you'll get the best Est ever in the game. Her growths are awesome. Even if her base stats are not so much, randomized everything superior to 100% = most of her growths hyper high. (except if you get the legendary 255% Skill, 255% Luck and 255% Res)

Well, if there's one thing Eirika's gonna be useful for, it's that White Gem of free money! I hope grinding Seth's axe rank was worth it.

Edited by Darrman

Now for the EPIK KONKLUSION OF THE GHOST SHIP!

[spoiler=Not really that epic]
gZW8nlH.png
Typical BOULDER level.

IV2z1A6.png9iLpbvR.png
WTF? Did your stats even improve??? I GAVE YOU 9 AUTOLEVELS.

I bet her growths suck ass.

UAqd2Vv.png
Now that's more like it!

ialJAFj.png
Klok teaches: How to poorly screenshot a fight. Basically she actually survived the enemy onslaught. No idea how.

qT5h8tS.png
Remember that star wars movie, Assault on Tethys? She still survived with 2 HP.

7Tpg1Z6.png
That moment when I suddenly remember the dragonstone is effective VS monsters.
1707790-kongregate-you-re-gonna-die.jpg

Q7yM0zQ.png
>Syrene/10

qT1zcy3.pngDIA6VQz.png
After these two die, I spend the rest of the chapter regretting fielding them, and also having my promoted units be encumbered -n- shit.

PrQWKKm.png
Sigh.

jp7SD1R.pnggtT4L90.png
Ephraim has 17 RES. He pretty much mops the floor with these godforsaken eyeballs.

0esrWTj.png
This is right after a gargoyle left him SHOT THROUGH THE HEART, AND YOU'RE TO BLAAAME

sSiP2j9.png
mfw all eyes on Ephraim.
S-senpai... don't look at me like that...

TifCIQR.pngp0PDFGd.png
Even an underwhelming level for THE BOULDER is an awesome level for CAPTAIN PHANTOM! Never forget this.

hCqEYz9.png
Aaaand no more 1 HP!

5rM56az.pngRSGhtVF.png
Goddamnit, this sumbitch crit me 1 second later. Piss off!

o691m33.pngPwXYmzu.png
Remember, she has a 100%+ growth in STR. That makes this a no-stat levelup.

c1BgC39.png9F6cOsk.png
Brave sword, get!

GILXu6Y.pngBGDKfH1.png
New recruits, get!

fMKLerF.png
Semi-shitty level, get!

eM0raXF.pngcP5cZMM.png
Virtue and love, ge- OKAY I'LL STOP.

1DKlDR5.png
Next level is filled with unpromoted enemies? Piece of ca-

iRO6E8Q.pngwYB7xsp.png
HOLY SHIT

[spoiler=She sucks. Yep.]
DYT0wM6.pngnnmaDT6.png
IV2z1A6.png9iLpbvR.png
Growths:
HP: 100%
STR: 95%
SKL: 90%
SPD: 0%
LUK: 0%

DEF: 45%
RES: 65%
Komments: Goddamnit. Another useless knight. #RenameRunToKnightEmblem
Klok Rates: 2/10. Would actually rate higher if she was gained earlier in the game, but after getting like 12 other knights, she's useless. Availability is a thing.

AD9tXWC.pngveOHlWa.png13lDQh9.png
Growths:
HP: 70%
STR: 15%
SKL: 5%

SPD: 40%
LUK: 65%
DEF: 0%
RES: 130%
Komments: I want to cry right now. To give me a unit with such potential... and then rip it away... HOW UTTERLY CRUEL OF YOU!
Klok Rates: 4/10. I mean, he's alright, but he won't cap much and in the end he's pretty useless.

Edited by Klokinator

I have such bad luck with those damn gargoyles. Critted Knoll twice in two seperate chapters, one with a 2% and one with a 9% >.>

Place all bets on when Klok will get an actually good monster next here

Yeah, but you killed her because you couldn't get over that abomination living.

At least Syrene is competent. 26/22 of defensive caps is bro, and with Dragonstone, that goes for 41/42.

Sad it is not possible to repair it. Maybe you should let the possibility of hammern'ing the Dragonstone. :D

Eirika can be a decent Str/Res/Def min-maxer... But when you get Lazy Goddess near to her, she's pathetic.

I'm pretty sure if notL'arachel dies, notDozla will still join you in the end. That's how it was in my run when she got replaced with DOG CITY Franz who died almost immediately. I was worried about not having him too since he looked like he had a lot of potential. Funny thing is that my Dozla was swapped w/ Gilliam too. I never checked his growths but he turned out decent enough. I'll never know if Franz was any good because I restarted for like an hour before I gave up on attempts of rescuing him.

I'm pretty sure if notL'arachel dies, notDozla will still join you in the end. That's how it was in my run when she got replaced with DOG CITY Franz who died almost immediately. I was worried about not having him too since he looked like he had a lot of potential. Funny thing is that my Dozla was swapped w/ Gilliam too. I never checked his growths but he turned out decent enough. I'll never know if Franz was any good because I restarted for like an hour before I gave up on attempts of rescuing him.

Are you sure it wasn't Franz that got to be the Not!Dozla?

But corc, I already HAD a good monster!

ckES0Vt.pnggApyhaE.png

Well I meant the NEXT good monster unit, mostly because i was super dissapointed in Gilliam >.>

Plus Manakete is an obtainable unit in FE8 so there's that.

(Also call me Orc for short, thanks :P)

Sad it is not possible to repair it.

Come on, surely you've heard of the gorgon egg repair glitch!

In FE8CM, yeah they will be repairable with hammerne's. That, or they will be common drops on the 7th floor of the Ruins. Or both, meh. Considering monster weapons will already be on par with current level dragonstones, maybe making them unlimited uses would be a good idea?

Alright, now for CHAPTER 12 PART ONE: ANOTHER FAILED RUN.

[spoiler=NO MORE FUCKING AROUND]

So first, here's all my main peeps.

TeGEWIg.png5a5oSTE.pngsdDlLgd.pngySHDWsd.png

fh7ZHLj.pngl9UTSHO.pngmOMk3wb.png
Not bad, right? Syrene is gonna be ditched soon, yeah. Ephraim needs a little grinding. Etc. Otherwise, I am 100% superior to the weakling enemies, right?

hIgQMsy.pngkpvQ9l0.pngOCLRzPz.png

QgialMN.pngWiPa4yU.pngBbgDLZG.png

Wroooong! These enemies are insane. Absolutely insane. I can't believe the randomizer can make hack difficulty on par with FE7CM! (Although FE7CM had better level scaling and didn't require any grinding, so um there's that)
What's hilarious is that LOLtastic Fighter STR though. That's amazing.
K0sYOLX.pngeCP1S1A.png
Problem: The boss has a Hoplon guard but has 28 speed and I have no units capable of stealing it since you fuckers told me to make my only viable thieving candidate AN ASSASSIN!
Solution: None!
Ll02f7X.pnguSn6BCs.png

Welp. That's a new unit, alright. I can only hope the growths hold out because... I don't really need another crappy monster unit.

EAPuIIC.png

Yeah honestly, my men are evenly matched against yours. You might have slightly weaker units, but they make up for it in charisma, numbers, and most importantly-...!

SlcGNeb.png

HAHAHAHAHA

mOtjAMV.png

Okay, GREAT job, Lute. This guy hits her again after this. Her SPD is abysmal and coupled with awful defenses, she gets raked over the coals by physical enemies.

jKBRG5y.png

Look who became a Hellhound!

SpXTcHN.png

No reason to be scared, it's just the Wet Paper brigade!

Haha, get it? It's because they die as easily as one would rip... a wet... piece of paper... okay it was funnier in my head.

xJHFAax.png9bl8yFO.png

Ephraim just had to put on his bitch-slapper-axe.

OXXNJZL.png

This looks easy.

nXuNhoX.pnga6jdoCG.png

FUCK

Sn5PSTv.png

I'll just move him two spaces back, no sweat.

OQGSAGb.png

Bu LOL, at least Saleh can deal a little damage to these guys.

SgBZFrI.png
3 RES? Wow, that's pretty awful. The rest of your stats are also awful.
RxYvSMJ.png

Yikes, that could have hurt.

HrFrFnT.png

OW WTF I MOVED TWO SPACES BACK! Damn blue waffler.

UzcMNa8.png

Ayyy lmao.

EujxOG3.pngPU7vwMt.pngAp1ozka.png

The magic of Great Shield!

u7YPXSr.pnglpLuYTq.png

This could hurt if it deals enough damage to Seth.

uQ7jwYv.png

Or not!

Us108dB.png0xekdt1.pngl74ECj9.png
I know you don't, but I do.

Part two will be up eventually.
Edited by Klokinator

Haha, get it? It's because they die as easily as one would rip... a wet... piece of paper... okay it was funnier in my head.

I vote that all of Klok's benched units henceforth be called the wet paper brigade.

Come on, surely you've heard of the gorgon egg repair glitch!

In FE8CM, yeah they will be repairable with hammerne's. That, or they will be common drops on the 7th floor of the Ruins. Or both, meh. Considering monster weapons will already be on par with current level dragonstones, maybe making them unlimited uses would be a good idea?

Alright, now for CHAPTER 12 PART ONE: ANOTHER FAILED RUN.

[spoiler=NO MORE FUCKING AROUND]

So first, here's all my main peeps.

TeGEWIg.png5a5oSTE.pngsdDlLgd.pngySHDWsd.png

fh7ZHLj.pngl9UTSHO.pngmOMk3wb.png

Not bad, right? Syrene is gonna be ditched soon, yeah. Ephraim needs a little grinding. Etc. Otherwise, I am 100% superior to the weakling enemies, right?

hIgQMsy.pngkpvQ9l0.pngOCLRzPz.png

QgialMN.pngWiPa4yU.pngBbgDLZG.png

Wroooong! These enemies are insane. Absolutely insane. I can't believe the randomizer can make hack difficulty on par with FE7CM! (Although FE7CM had better level scaling and didn't require any grinding, so um there's that)

What's hilarious is that LOLtastic Fighter STR though. That's amazing.

K0sYOLX.pngeCP1S1A.png

Problem: The boss has a Hoplon guard but has 28 speed and I have no units capable of stealing it since you fuckers told me to make my only viable thieving candidate AN ASSASSIN!

Solution: None!

Ll02f7X.pnguSn6BCs.png

Welp. That's a new unit, alright. I can only hope the growths hold out because... I don't really need another crappy monster unit.

EAPuIIC.png

Yeah honestly, my men are evenly matched against yours. You might have slightly weaker units, but they make up for it in charisma, numbers, and most importantly-...!

SlcGNeb.png

HAHAHAHAHA

mOtjAMV.png

Okay, GREAT job, Lute. This guy hits her again after this. Her SPD is abysmal and coupled with awful defenses, she gets raked over the coals by physical enemies.

jKBRG5y.png

Look who became a Hellhound!

SpXTcHN.png

xJHFAax.png9bl8yFO.png

Ephraim just had to put on his bitch-slapper-axe.

OXXNJZL.png

This looks easy.

nXuNhoX.pnga6jdoCG.png

FUCK

Sn5PSTv.png

I'll just move him two spaces back, no sweat.

OQGSAGb.png

Bu LOL, at least Saleh can deal a little damage to these guys.

SgBZFrI.png

3 RES? Wow, that's pretty awful. The rest of your stats are also awful.

RxYvSMJ.png

Yikes, that could have hurt.

HrFrFnT.png

OW WTF I MOVED TWO SPACES BACK! Damn blue waffler.

UzcMNa8.png

Ayyy lmao.

EujxOG3.pngPU7vwMt.pngAp1ozka.png

The magic of Great Shield!

u7YPXSr.pnglpLuYTq.png

This could hurt if it deals enough damage to Seth.

uQ7jwYv.png

Or not!

Us108dB.png0xekdt1.pngl74ECj9.png

I know you don't, but I do.

Part two will be up eventually.

Yayyyyyy more hype, and dude you have some bad luck when it comes to surviving

Nope, didn't hear about that glitch.

I don't think Franz's growths will be good, sadly. His vanilla growths are pretty meh.

If you need some testers for an insane challenge in FE8 Chaos Mode to prove the insanity everything is in order, I'm still okay for some run like 0% again. :D

You'll need some Jugdral power against Riev. Gwyllgi's (what's with that name) caps are scary. 30 SPEED. That will double anyone not called Tethys. Add to that 24 str of cap, and 22/23 of durability.

At least you can circle Caellach to kill him. But Riev is going to wreck your team. I advise you to use warp shenanigans.

I also think you should pimp a monster from wimp to pal because Dragonstone's utility in chapter 19/20 is gonna be a lifesaver for you.

I don't even know how you're going to handle the BS dragons with Decaying Breath.

Edited by Nintales

What good are Riev's stats when I have an uber bishop and a dragonstone? TINK TINK TINK DED.

In the meantime, need more polls!

BxibsPw.png

What should I make this guy when he's ready to promote? Not gonna promote him just yet, but SOON I will!

96xShSH.png2rvNsgV.png
3JjCMBw.pngA4wLUVH.png
Doesn't seem like much of a contest to me. I wanted to make him a Warrior but once again, only 4 movement! Hero seems the superior choice with 6.
vHasoVn.png

And her?

UoWRuAw.pngBJ4ul2E.png
3w7TIYL.pngG1R7RpX.png
Welp, same deal. I wanted to make her a swordmaster but... dat 4 movement >.>
V-vote in the poll, I guess.