Klok Plays: THE ADVENTURES OF THE BOULDER AND CAPTAIN PHANTOM

Klokinator

Wait. What !. How can he be a Necromancer ? How ?

And where the hell was I ? <_<

Klok hacked removed tedium and gave him a necromancer promotion. It's not part of vanilla. Your entire existence has not been a lie.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing I've noticed is that Myrrh is always a prepromote, even when replacing a unpromoted unit, but if the unit that's being replaced is a prepromote (Dozla for instance) by somebody other than Myrrh that's unpromoted normally, they'll still end up being a prepromote. So Gilliam was a prepromote but Franz wasn't, because Gilliam replaced Dozla and Franz replaced L'arachel. I double checked what positions they appear in on the chapter just to make sure I'm not talking out of my ass.

I know.

I wasn't invaldating your results, just sharing some fun facts.

All the units become the Tier they replace (T0, and T1 are counted together, because this case is a little more complex. T1 units can have T0 class though it seems somewhat rarer).

The exceptions are Myrhh who is always promoted (Manakete count as promoted here), no matter how she replace, and L'Arachel who is always unpromoted no matter who she replace (That means you can have a postgame unit who's unpromoted, if you don't get her in the main story.). (Twice she replaced Hayden in post game, and first she was a Bael, then a Tarvos)

I know.

I wasn't invaldating your results, just sharing some fun facts.

All the units become the Tier they replace (T0, and T1 are counted together, because this case is a little more complex. T1 units can have T0 class though it seems somewhat rarer).

The exceptions are Myrhh who is always promoted (Manakete count as promoted here), no matter how she replace, and L'Arachel who is always unpromoted no matter who she replace (That means you can have a postgame unit who's unpromoted, if you don't get her in the main story.). (Twice she replaced Hayden in post game, and first she was a Bael, then a Tarvos)

I didn't know L'arachel worked that way. I always got her over an unpromoted unit. That's interesting!

So it looks like I may have messed up how supports work. Each character seems to retain their own support pool, so Saleh x Ewan is still valid. However, Eir's awful, and Gerik provides the wrong bonuses, so unless Myrrh's something amazing that shows up soonish, I think Saleh's going to be stuck with three bonus damage. Not that it's a bad thing, IMO.

Posted (edited) · Hidden by eclipse, August 3, 2015 - This isn't FE7CM
Hidden by eclipse, August 3, 2015 - This isn't FE7CM

I look forward to more of Moulder. Have some guy's FE7 randomizer characters

post-8128-0-85595600-1438586975_thumb.jpg

Edited by boarbaque

I think you should promote Saleh so he can be your warp and rescue staff user. Great idea, right?

Genius.

Then again, Saleh will have perfect Skill so he could actually hit with Eclipse...

Neer mind that without magic he can't use it. (And he can't get dark magic without glitches. He's a T1 pupil, not a T0.)

Klok hacked removed tedium and gave him a necromancer promotion. It's not part of vanilla. Your entire existence has not been a lie.

I hear the judgement in your text.

does captain phantom go coast to coast?

Just like Casey Kasem.

Welcome back to another exciting chapter!

[spoiler=THE QUEST TO RECLAIM COURAGE!]

So in this "chapter" I go on a quick quest to level Franz to 20/1. How will he turn out compared to Syrene? Let's find out!

Yl4o79x.pngwDCWQd7.png3moQoVY.png

First two levels and he's already off with a bang!

NqLtm0N.png6a0x7UD.pngYqBwhhu.png
1aIwzqK.pngzNtMTwa.pngKspBVUD.png

u6Kbm5X.pngq1wOwnC.png

After grinding Floor 1 a bunch, I decide to go up to Floor 2.

VjUVgQL.pngxpdsRIg.png

Oh nice, Tethys has a boss-killer weapon now! GG Riev.

UGGwyMY.pngd5ulHBu.png
And two reaver weapons on that same floor! I do end up getting them both.

XZErv3z.pngAthOFxB.png

Fado gets another level (Almost all his stats are capped and everything but RES and HP can be capped naturally with good levels.) while Lute doubles the first enemy in her life.

Otnw0hb.pnguGPaeaM.png9R6606m.png
b0ZvGzw.pngtGg6sYV.pngxdH1H51.png
Franz continues breaking all the rules, while always being reminded that other fellw Sharp Claw users can still make him wince like there's no tomorrow.
m18jTdH.pngIT4AX9Z.png
Aaaaand, last level!

CYWHY0m.pngUQWPJob.png

Comparing him and Syrene, tons of differences. She wins in STR and RES, he wins in everything else, including HP. However, this is not the end of the line for him, and he can possibly max everything but LUK and RES after he...

3hhYhCj.pngHp7f7ZC.pngTdZQ2ZU.png
PROMOTES TO GAIN ULTIMATE POWERRRRR!!! And a measly 3 CON. And he's down to 4 movement. Ugh.
Still though, this guy will rekk some final chapter baddies, no problemo.

Welcome to Chapter 13: Part 1: The Sequel's Revenge: Revenge of the Sequel.

[spoiler=FAILED RUN, PART 1]
mpCaCSJ.png
Neat word, bro.

MoePhvP.png
No, it's empty air in front of you. Silly Selena, always chatting with herself!

R1Zx6rU.png
So you want them to do a group hug?

Lhn9kgg.pngsQs5fDg.png
Jokes aside, holy shit.

axPaaeM.png
Thanks to all that tower abuse, my boss killer has a weapon that kills bosses.

G6VQffo.png
Tethys. What are you doing with that strange man. Get back in my army!

Dj6qhU7.pngNSKUnRQ.png
Jokes aside, I guess Kyle replaces Tethys now. He seems okay I guess. Level 1 though, for real? This is one reason I hate FE8. Even with the game as easy as it was, there was no proper level scaling for recruitable characters. This is chapter 13, we're WELL past the midpoint. The game expects you to tower abuse most characters, and all that does is inflate play time. I'd rather have no tower or ruins until the post game, and give me decently leveled characters.

Just one of many things FE8CM will fix.

K170bzA.png43GnAGf.png
Wow, look at those stats! And I- wait... wait... I've... seen this before... those stats... that loli face... that lategame wyvern lord... could it be?

bytJqc3.png7ZxVx7z.png
NINO IS BACK BABY!!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Okay but seriously, as long as the growths are good, sweet. There's just one thing about Myrrh that's bugging me. What could it be...? It might be maybe...

zsbcoWF.png
THAT 4 MOVEMENT! Her and Kyle both have shitty MOVE stats. Makes me sick. You'll never top Nino, you heartless cretin.

xf3H1yb.pngfv5kqG5.pngW6Dgsrs.png
VlOBET3.png7u7s8JC.pngdCPBgmv.png
y7RK0Nk.pngubVOmCy.png

The generics on this chapter are still painful. The fighters are still hilariously weak. #BMRox (BM = Boulder Mode)

Pv4gr2t.pngus7GzDc.png1x2K8fA.png
This guy is gonna be... a slight challenge... I now only have one flier, but luckily she starts down low. Maybe I can rush it??
HkEDnmM.png76dY4sL.png
These goddamn soldiers are gonna be a pain too.
ATTl63b.png
Lute is definitely no match for these cavaliers.
n6HjNoG.png
Chickenshit tactics, gogogo! But seriously, his stats kinda suck right now. He needs to not be in any combat like ever.
7bUMRTJ.png
That brave lance is SO nice.
4tL6ANV.png
Saleh as usual, doing abolutely nothing of use. At least he has 7 movement though, unlike Ewan. He can avoid most enemies pretty easily and seize rushing is possibly a thing.
Epijc0s.pngyGVxIZH.png
I'll just... keep Ewan out of the way. Hopefully these fighters won't hurt Lute too much.
J7Uqp5f.pngRNYtmfp.png
It's hard to see, but the fighter only does two damage to Lute, the most defensively weak unit on my team. I could cry tears of laughter!
uBhrQ1q.png
Myrrh has stupid good RES for this point in the game, especially as a wyvern lord.
QuoedEW.png
Franz is a monster at holding assault points.
Haha, get it? Monster. Because he's a.. fuck it
JkrLihZ.png
Yay, maxed RES.
447bo3r.png
Come on! She even double attacked!
owkpuYJ.pngSvSOSMm.pngsMbamH9.png
The pegasi seems kinda tough until you see the HP.
7CyHvdL.png
This sniper will possibly 1-shot Myrrh, so I visited the village to see what item was there. It's alright I guess. I reloaded a savestate.
AGUDyPY.pngzpQtrLL.pngNTPKJZq.png
And then the least likely unit on my team to die, died. FML. Will restart.
I have work today, so part two will likely be tomorrow. GL/HF.

Edited by Klokinator

Myrhh's growth are exceptional, so except if she decides to have something like 10% Str, she's gonna be amazing.

There's something really wierd with 100% growth, when they ends up being weaker than 65% or 75% ones. I'm under the impression the stats loops or something (Strength in my current run is everything Fighter actually have).

Uuuh... Klok.

Pupil (2) can use Eclipse. So promoting him will make him the best eclipse user like noone ever was! if only Eclipse's accuracy didn't suck

I hear ya, I should be better at giving advice than--meep. :P:

Wow, Myrrh is amazing. . .and at crappy movement, she can help to defend Saleh. Support time~! :P:

I have no idea if character growths like Myrrh's stay in their character slot or follow them to their new position in the chapters. Would be neat if she had her original badass growths and not... Geriks'...

Anyway welcome to part two of chapter 1: Return of the Returning Returner

[spoiler=Part 2!]

bJVofLx.pngzUitHbL.png

At this point, I perform a GENIUS tactical maneuver: Fado will solo the entire east side. No. Elixirs. (Or vulneraies)

VJsQkU8.png5wUm1bU.pngsCROtld.png

Erasing some enemies. My hitrates on this chapter hover in between 50% and 60% for anyone not named Seth or Fado.

B8rDeRi.png

Last time, she died to a lance wielding cavalier. I shall not make that mistake again.

OKj5SEK.png

Kyle, let's play a game. It's titled "Stay very far away from all enemies and never try to help, ever, you useless slab of meat"

VloeaSZ.png

Surprisingly, this hit. No RNG abuse required.

t6E2Bha.png

Hilariously, most enemies have 20 HP or less (Particularly pegs) and will die to THE BOULDER's Luna, or they have shitty RES and he will go and FLUX THEM.

aiVXGm1.png

Wow. This uber sniper I showed in part 1 is gonna be a cunt to kill.

Wn3RRkW.png

Grabbed the Talisman anyway. What could possibly-

hbmTcUa.png

One. Hit. Kill. RESTART.

BG35Eny.png

These knights are actually 30% less tanky than the fucking cavs. Cavs in this game all drank like 5 FE7CM Stimulants, I swear to god.

ZRwSCOh.pngtxKwYsh.png

0PrcEVd.pngE4SqYfA.png

8wgg4h7.pngDt7sCJY.png

QtxbJNP.pngDr53Smj.png

UDvRuyZ.pngeWkEW0N.png
JwaAkcH.pngpk6UYtJ.png

Lts of items on this chapter. Should have showed them off in part 1, forgot.

Oh hey guys I'm working with Otaku right now to add in randomized generic enemy support. Get fucking hyped.

OvksxBN.pngYLr3Ag5.png6SCNu0P.png

My plan to rescue him and drop him at the Talisman village is destined to fail. That village is fucking unsavable.

fCsxKz8.png0g4qbX6.png

God. Damnit. RESTART. (This time from a savestate, because I got sick of completely redoing the chapter each time.)

nlKKHwe.pngQnWdOuf.png
So much for the unbelievably powerful SNIPAH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBGWtVOKTkM

OvumkjU.png

Haven't healed FRanz even once yet. His HP is sloooowly being whittled down, but THE BOULDER is a short jog away with a healing staff so it's no issue.

h01MZkW.png

OH GOD I'M SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO JINX IT SWEET JESUS

08Qw4Yb.png

Yeah. Fuck you.

owG37zM.pngmFAskMx.png

Great level, Fado.

Who am I kidding though, this son of a bitch is tanking the entire east side by himself.

4CRvPz2.png

The brigands were 1 turn away from this village, but apparently their AI will target a player unit before a village, so... VILLAGE SAVED!!!! /makesanote

Yp41I3e.pngg1J99KI.png

Hehe, not today, friend.

NQxNZxD.png

It's bad enough his rock hard body breaks your weapons, but you can't even HIT Seth?

#SethsSoloAdventure

VINE3u4.pngWyEMNQi.png

All that fucking work to get down to this village, and it's a goddamn barrier staff.

pfSgEmc.png

Get Slim Shady'd.

TlrdvEh.pngbv2Mvua.png

I took this screenshot, expecting her to move and beat the fuck out of me. Also wow, DEM STATS! But thanks to that terrible SKL, you're no Fado.

#Fado4MVP

7Tf9FV0.pngZ33UdLN.pnghTZaphf.png
All three of these shamans have Luna. Good thing it's nerfed to shit and can't hit worth a fuck.

kifV2u0.png

LOL

3NdZQ7K.png

Jesus, that's brutal. He 69'd that guy so hard.

FGkSRve.png1jcqpxb.png

Yep. Definitely no Fado.

QB2yaQX.pngwexjG4M.png
Yay...

WfyWrZs.pngrtNJKvG.png

Holy shit!

So yeah, another failed run. I had a savestate a couple turns back, but I don't feel like playing it ATM. Will get back to this, tomorrow.

I have no idea if character growths like Myrrh's stay in their character slot or follow them to their new position in the chapters. Would be neat if she had her original badass growths and not... Geriks'...

She definitely keeps her growths.

You shouldn't be disappointed.

Wrong.

Mage knight Seth, Gorgon Franz.

Franz slot cannot be promoted.

Gorgon is also promoted.

Also one of them is Myrrh (Franz to be more precise) as she's always promoted.

Edited by Tamanoir

I think Gorgons are considered to be T1 by the game/randomizer, but since they don't have a promotion Myrrh can become one. I think their eggs, if seen as a part of the Gorgon class tree at all, are a T0, maybe?

Edited by Theguru1020