[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Hello! just want to say thank you very much for your hard work, I really appreciate it!

also, i'm here to say that i've spotted some points in chapter 6 where dialogue cuts off when i've sided with hoshido as FeMui (not sure if dialogue changes depending on gender, will check for that as well.) I'll post pictures shortly to show where this happens.

[spoiler=Dialogue cutoffs]attachicon.gifdc1.jpegattachicon.gifdc2.jpegattachicon.gifdc3.jpegattachicon.gifdc4.jpegattachicon.gifdc5.jpegattachicon.gifdc6.jpegattachicon.gifdc7.jpegattachicon.gifdc8.jpegattachicon.gifdc9.jpeg

Awesome! I just took care of them, thanks for the report.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"

1. Drag&Drop your dumped .3ds-file on ncchinfo_gen.py.
  2. Now you should find a "ncchinfo.bin" in the directory of ncchinfo_gen.py."
I dragged and dropped my .3ds file to ncchinfo and there was a quick pop up and then nothing happened.
No nccinfo.bin was created but i managed to get a glimpse of the pop up and it said something like "unpack requires a string argument of lenght 8" could it be that the .3ds file is corrupted or??
Edited by geegee

Concerning the translations:

There are parts where Kamui (or other characters) have lines with ellipses (...):

"I'm... your daughter!?" <-- From what I can remember from my English lessons, this should be the proper construction of the sentence. After the ellipses, the following word won't be capitalized unless it's a proper noun (name/place/etc.).

"No way... You're my mother!?" <-- The "You're" shouldn't start with a capitalized letter.

So far, I've played only up until Chapter 4 (still in the process of playing towards Nohr Ch 12), and I've seen the ellipses thing done several times. I didn't take screenshots of it, because at first chapters (0-3), it was pretty consistent with the "No way... You're my mother!?" example but later on, it became inconsistent and it's obvious when Kamui is taken to Hoshido and speaks with them for the first time.

TBH, I'm not sure if you could consider this an "error", since it's quite minor. (And this is just me being anal about it, I think...)

May be you guys could stick to one way of constructing the sentence for consistency?

Also, these parts:

21dhb3l.jpg

2poulgg.jpg

Lilith's line "But I wouldn't have been welcome...", sounds a bit awkward?

"But I wouldn't have been welcomed..." sounds a bit better (but that might just be me...)

Edited by seri-kun

Concerning the translations:

There are parts where Kamui (or other characters) have lines with ellipses (...):

"I'm... your daughter!?" <-- From what I can remember from my English lessons, this should be the proper construction of the sentence. After the ellipses, the following word won't be capitalized unless it's a proper noun (name/place/etc.).

"No way... You're my mother!?" <-- The "You're" shouldn't start with a capitalized letter.

So far, I've played only up until Chapter 4 (still in the process of playing towards Nohr Ch 12), and I've seen the ellipses thing done several times. I didn't take screenshots of it, because at first chapters (0-3), it was pretty consistent with the "No way... You're my mother!?" example but later on, it became inconsistent and it's obvious when Kamui is taken to Hoshido and speaks with them for the first time.

TBH, I'm not sure if you could consider this an "error", since it's quite minor. (And this is just me being anal about it, I think...)

May be you guys could stick to one way of constructing the sentence for consistency?

Also, these parts:

21dhb3l.jpg

2poulgg.jpg

Lilith's line "But I wouldn't have been welcome...", sounds a bit awkward?

"But I wouldn't have been welcomed..." sounds a bit better (but that might just be me...)

Aw gosh, this is really helpful ;A; You're right. I'll go back and check all the capitalization issues. Sometimes we try to squeeze a few sentences within a single block, so the word is capitalized to distinguish that the two sentences are separate. For short lines like "No way... You're my mother!?", I think we can add in a line break in between (or maybe a line skip for this particular case *x*).

No way...

You're my mother!?

As for the parts you've posted in the spoilers, they've now been fixed.

All the feedback helps tremendously, so if you have any other thoughts, please do share!

Sorry to keep asking questions, but I couldn't help reading "Regionfree plugin needed" under your "How to play it on my 3DS" section. I've been asking around for a while, I thought I had everything all set. I ordered the game, a 3DS with the correct version, everything! But whats this Regionfree plugin? No one mentioned this! I even asked if I would need to buy a Japanese 3DS and someone replied saying that it would work just fine on any 3DS, as long as the version is below 9.2. I remember that distinctly!

Aw gosh, this is really helpful ;A; You're right. I'll go back and check all the capitalization issues. Sometimes we try to squeeze a few sentences within a single block, so the word is capitalized to distinguish that the two sentences are separate. For short lines like "No way... You're my mother!?", I think we can add in a line break in between (or maybe a line skip for this particular case *x*).

No way...

You're my mother!?

As for the parts you've posted in the spoilers, they've now been fixed.

All the feedback helps tremendously, so if you have any other thoughts, please do share!

And here I thought I was just being too anal about things... I'm glad I could help. :)

I wasn't able to take a screenshot, but in Chapter 5, I noticed that two of Sakura's lines went something like, "Ryo... Ryouma..." (this was when Ryouma gets defeated fighting the ??? boss enemy). I think it could have gone like "Ryo-Ryouma..." instead, just to maintain the consistency of her other lines/dialogues. As in, instead of using ellipses here, using dashes would be more consistent to how her previous lines were constructed.

I'm currently uploading some screenshots from chapter 4-5 but my connection is slow ATM. So it might take another five-ten minutes. T_T

EDIT: Uploaded the screenshots.

2d99phg.jpg2dam8ia.jpg

The previous dialogues all had a space after the ellipses and I think either way, with spaces or not, is correct but for consistency's sake, I think there should be a space there.

2nghrlv.jpg

The Old Lady's first line is "It'll melt in your mouth~!" then Kamui says, "It's the first time I've eaten anything so tasty."

The Old Lady then says, "Ahaha! You're very straightforward." <-- when she says this, her first line only moves up (it doesn't disappear), making it seem like she repeated it.

2hyf7fo.jpg

"And everybody has fun" --> "And everybody had fun."

or3xw5.jpg

There's a space after the Kamui's name with the apostrophe

delpxx.jpg

"Magic is not the same as weapon." --> May be it could go something like, "Magic is not the same as weapons."

Urk...I'm sorry if I come out as being too critical or anal... (I know I have issues. I have a bit of OCD when it comes to these things. OTL)

Edited by seri-kun

Sorry to keep asking questions, but I couldn't help reading "Regionfree plugin needed" under your "How to play it on my 3DS" section. I've been asking around for a while, I thought I had everything all set. I ordered the game, a 3DS with the correct version, everything! But whats this Regionfree plugin? No one mentioned this! I even asked if I would need to buy a Japanese 3DS and someone replied saying that it would work just fine on any 3DS, as long as the version is below 9.2. I remember that distinctly!

No worries, you should be fine. It's a bit misleading, as all the methods in the Pastebin link should allow you to play the game region-free :)

-snip-

Oh no, please keep them coming! We're honestly looking for reports like these.

"The Old Lady's first line is "It'll melt in your mouth~!" then Kamui says, "It's the first time I've eaten anything so tasty."

The Old Lady then says, "Ahaha! You're very straightforward." <-- when she says this, her first line only moves up (it doesn't disappear), making it seem like she repeated it.

This has been happening in a few other chapters as well. We'll definitely have to look into it ><

Edit: Right, and I'll be changing all of them to what was suggested.

Edited by Ranaline

Oh no, please keep them coming! We're honestly looking for reports like these.

Okay. ^^ I'll just post as I go on (though, sometimes I might miss/forget to take screenshots since I'm trigger happy in pressing "A".

These are from Chapter 5 to Nohr Chapter 6, though most of them is just some minor edits:

6839517d_o.jpeg

"Fa...ther..." -> "Fa... ther..." (though I'm not sure about this one...)

2ecfb4b0_o.jpeg

There's an extra space there after "Eh?" and before "Divine".

"You" --> "you", or it goes to the next line (?).

943db422_o.jpeg

"... That doesn't change..." --> "... that doesn't change..." or move to the next line?

And more of the same thing:

cb775a95_o.jpega1e29e53_o.jpeg4bc3b0bc_o.jpega0fc7bd4_o.jpeg3e93e993_o.jpeg

de9dfa42_o.jpeg

I think Takumi is referring to Kamui here (?) and I'm playing as F!Kamui, so it should be "her" instead of "him".

95424726_o.jpeg

"All right.." --> "All right." or "All right..."

72ae1c97_o.jpeg

"I, I will fight too..." --> "I... I will fight, too..."

I'm not sure about this one (so it can just be ignored since I think this one is mostly just personal preference).

a8cc8cc1_o.jpeg

"I...I can't do that." --> "I... I can't do that."

a28c46a6_o.jpeg

Is Ryouma supposed to repeat his lines here? He says, "Then with all my strength, I'll force you to return!", and Kamui says her line to which Ryouma then replies, "I see... Then with all my strength, I'll force you to return!" (and Kamui says, "Ryouma!").

Also, I noticed that sometimes the siblings refer to Kamui as "Sister" or "sister", but when they refer to their respective parent, it's either "Father" or "Mother". For consistency, may be "sister" --> "Sister"? Or "Father"/"Mother" --> "father"/"mother"?

If someone repeats something, a comma is appropriate. In this case, ellipses can indicate that they trailed off "I...(silence)...I can't do that." A comma indicates stammering, nervously repeating a word rather than trailing off "I, (typical comma-length pause) I will fight too." A hyphen would be used if they were stuttering, "I-I (no pause at all) will fight too."

Edited by Kitsunin

Chapter 8 Hoshido, Just before Suzukaze says "!!" "They've arrived". My FEMU said something but it appeared to show up twice when pressing A.

Like say it said "Hello" then you press A to get to the next part it would repeat the last thing said again.

Also FEMU has untranslated shortly afterwards just before Sakura says "Please... forgive us!" when the wind tribe people are there.

Edited by Bakinpacman

Felicia in MyCastle when attending has untranslated text when you first speak to her.

Sorry if posting more than once is annoying but unless i knew which parts you had fixed since my next posting i would not know if you had translated it or not.

So it could cause the translator to go back to look for something that is already fixed and waste time doing so?

Nohr Chapter 7 Intro When Garon says "So, you're willing to trade your life for his? Fascinating. In that case..." pressing A will bring up some of the next sentence with "So, you're willing to trade your life for his? Fascinating. In that case...e a good time to <- text goes past limit at that point.

Cyrus death Nohr side "???..Sorry, Azmodan. I can't... fight anym" <- line break "but... let me uphold my pledge..."

Edited by Bakinpacman

-snip-

If someone repeats something, a comma is appropriate. In this case, ellipses can indicate that they trailed off "I...(silence)...I can't do that." A comma indicates stammering, nervously repeating a word rather than trailing off "I, (typical comma-length pause) I will fight too." A hyphen would be used if they were stuttering, "I-I (no pause at all) will fight too."

Made the changes! We'll keep "I, I will fight too..." as it is. We'll be capitalizing the sibling nicknames, as well.

-snip-

Fixed everything you've mentioned so far! And no worries, the only time you should make a new post is when someone has posted after you on the thread. If yours is the most recent, all you have to do is edit it. It's just good to be careful, since you'll likely receive a warning for posting too many times in succession.

EDIT: ...Fixed everything except for Felicia's My Castle lines.* Those haven't been done yet.

I found an error on chapter 8 of the Hoshido route (female character) where Suzukaze says "Lord Kamui, please remain calm." instead of "Lord (NAME), please remain calm."

Got it!

Edited by Ranaline

Personally I'm fine with just having a paste bin or something for the cutscenes (though a youtube video with annotations would probably be the best method from a player perspective I think)

Sorry if this has been asked but just out of curiosity for future patches what are the chances saves will/won't be able to carry over? Trying to determine how invested I should get :P (though I understand whatever the answer is)

Anyway Im gunna play this now so hopefully I can catch some errors before everyone else does and feel like I've contributed in some small way. Thanks again for the work, this is really appreciated :)

Personally I'm fine with just having a paste bin or something for the cutscenes (though a youtube video with annotations would probably be the best method from a player perspective I think)

Sorry if this has been asked but just out of curiosity for future patches what are the chances saves will/won't be able to carry over? Trying to determine how invested I should get :P (though I understand whatever the answer is)

Anyway Im gunna play this now so hopefully I can catch some errors before everyone else does and feel like I've contributed in some small way. Thanks again for the work, this is really appreciated :)

If you reinstall the game, the first page of saves will be wiped. The saves on the second and third pages (if you have those), however, are stored on your SD card and will be kept.

In Nohr's chapter 7, Kamui says "D-did you give me that sword, know this would happen?"

I would write that as "D-did you give me that sword knowing this would happen?"

Know should be changed for sure, but I think the comma also interrupts the statement's flow.

If you reinstall the game, the first page of saves will be wiped. The saves on the second and third pages (if you have those), however, are stored on your SD card and will be kept.

Awesome thanks! I wouldn't of known to do that otherwise (maybe it's worth adding to the faq?)

In Nohr's chapter 7, Kamui says "D-did you give me that sword, know this would happen?"

I would write that as "D-did you give me that sword knowing this would happen?"

Know should be changed for sure, but I think the comma also interrupts the statement's flow.

Agreed... done!

Awesome thanks! I wouldn't of known to do that otherwise (maybe it's worth adding to the faq?)

Oh, good idea. I'll ask Cellenseres to add it to the FAQ then ^^

Edited by Ranaline

added the following info to the Q&A

Q: Will we lose our savedata every time we repatch and reinstall the game?
A: If you reinstall the game, the first page of saves will be wiped.

The saves on the second and third pages (one page for each additional path you have),

however, are stored on your SD card and will be kept.

In Nohr chapter 7, Joker has a rogue n "nI apologize..."

In the battle, Cyrus says "IIt's me, Cyrus!"

And soon after that, I'd suggest "I wanted to visit but I was banned from ever returning after that" have a comma after "visit".

In Nohr chapter 7, Joker has a rogue n "nI apologize..."

In the battle, Cyrus says "IIt's me, Cyrus!"

And soon after that, I'd suggest "I wanted to visit but I was banned from ever returning after that" have a comma after "visit".

Got them!