[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

The chapter 5 problems I listed don't need to be fixed? ..okay, also the google docs, good luck trying to keep that not messed up, i'll report problems here and not there, letting people freely edit it isn't going to turn out very well

Edit: or can edits only be made after an approval?

Edited by Xanek

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chapter 5 problems I listed don't need to be fixed? ..okay, also the google docs, good luck trying to keep that not messed up, i'll report problems here and not there, letting people freely edit it isn't going to turn out very well

....I already said, you can only suggest edits. Please report all of the problems you find there.

And no, they're not necessary at this time.

Anything you suggest will be noted by proofreaders. If it's a mistake that needs to be fixed, your edit will be approved and added.

Edited by luyairis

....I already said, you can only suggest edits. Please report all of the problems you find there.

And no, they're not necessary at this time.

Ooh.. .okay didn't know you could suggest edits in google docs, thought it was either freely edit publicly or be invited into a group to even access it.

Edited by Xanek

So for things like Mother, Father, Sister, etc., how do we address those, are they suppose to be capitalized or no?

and the way the texts sorta continues on the next line even though there's plenty of space, will that be addressed or is it fine as it is currently?

Edit: also during chapter... 3? they call the faceless, Nosferatu, yet their still named faceless, just a decision choice?

Edited by Xanek

What am i looking for that allows you to create emunand with just a N3DS 9.0, Cubic Ninja/Ninjhax (currently has pasta installed) as it would be cool to do it without having to buy a gateway/sky3ds card.

You can use Cubic Ninja to run the Gateway launcher.dat and then "Format EmuNAND" (BACK UP YOUR SD CARD FIRST!)

After that, just use ReiNAND on Ninjhax and you have New3DS EmuNAND running without Gateway.

Edited by Linkmstr

So for things like Mother, Father, Sister, etc., how do we address those, are they suppose to be capitalized or no?

and the way the texts sorta continues on the next line even though there's plenty of space, will that be addressed or is it fine as it is currently?

Edit: also during chapter... 3? they call the faceless, Nosferatu, yet their still named faceless, just a decision choice?

Don't worry about small stuff like that, that's kept between the proofreaders. All we really need are like the blatant mistakes at this point (cause we have a separate team of proofreaders going through the chapters once and over again - patch 2.1 should have more "human-sounding" characters)

PLEASE REPORT ALL FURTHER ERRORS TO:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1q7x6-BQHqBSPVbE_HCxked5uiQ1upHx3yNw-5qtCJhk/edit?usp=sharing

It makes our lives easier. Thanks.

(The link only allows commenting/suggesting - makes it easier for proofreaders to see what's new)

Added this to the OP.

Sorry, I'm a bitbusy the next days. Only a few hours online everyday

Edited by Cellenseres

You can use Cubic Ninja to run the Gateway launcher.dat and then "Format EmuNAND" (BACK UP YOUR SD CARD FIRST!)

After that, just use ReiNAND on Ninjhax and you have New3DS EmuNAND running without Gateway.

I think you can run the new Gateway launcher in the system settings. The old one required ether Cubic Ninja, or Ocarina of Time 3D, but I don't think the new ones require games anymore. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain they don't.

Can someone send me the patched rom 2.0 version to me via email or something, i cant seem to do it right on my gateway :[

I would deeply appreciate it, (jeffarii56@gmail.com)

That's piracy, please don't talk about that here.

(The translations group, nor any users here, I believe, does not not support piracy and will not provide a ROM, patched ROM, xorpads, or anything similar).

Edited by luyairis

I'm having trouble with the patch as despite creating a new .cia I'm still seeing it in Japanese. Do I need to create new Xorpads to do this? Because if not I've selected the rom, the new patch folder and my xorpads and it's not working.

I'm having trouble with the patch as despite creating a new .cia I'm still seeing it in Japanese. Do I need to create new Xorpads to do this? Because if not I've selected the rom, the new patch folder and my xorpads and it's not working.

From our programmer: "if it's creating the patch, xorpads are valid..."

Could you go into more detail? For example, how did you install the .cia?

So just to preface, I have already played the game and had it working via the last patch. I bought a copy of the special edition and dumped the rom. I run it with pasta cfw and regionfreeloader. The game works and I've had no trouble exporting and importing my save states, it's just the effects of the patch don't seem to occur as it's still in Japanese.

When using the patcher I applied the .3ds rom I dumped from the retail copy, Attached the xorpad I decrypted when I first did the game a couple weeks ago, and have applied the new 2.0 patch just released and validated it, then created it in a .cia format. The game plays just that it's still in Japanese (As far as text go, the old menu patch effects still apply).

-snip snip-

Thanks so much for reporting all of these! The ones mentioned on this post have been taken care of. We'll be checking the Google Docs page frequently, too, in case you run into anything else!

By the way, about "Yes/No" appearing in Japanese -- can you check your Patch\rom\m folder to see if you have 死亡.bin.lz? That's the file that should contain those options. If you don't, please redownload the patch. Also, I don't believe death/retreat quotes on Casual mode have been translated yet; however, if you're playing on Classic and come across untranslated lines, it'd be mighty helpful if you could report 'em. Screenshots or character names would be ideal.

So just to preface, I have already played the game and had it working via the last patch. I bought a copy of the special edition and dumped the rom. I run it with pasta cfw and regionfreeloader. The game works and I've had no trouble exporting and importing my save states, it's just the effects of the patch don't seem to occur as it's still in Japanese.

When using the patcher I applied the .3ds rom I dumped from the retail copy, Attached the xorpad I decrypted when I first did the game a couple weeks ago, and have applied the new 2.0 patch just released and validated it, then created it in a .cia format. The game plays just that it's still in Japanese (As far as text go, the old menu patch effects still apply).

Can you double-check the patch folder you're using and see if it has the folder Patch\rom\m\A and Patch\rom\m\B? And are you sure that the patch folder you selected in the patcher is really 2.0's, not the old one?

By the way, about "Yes/No" appearing in Japanese -- can you check your Patch\rom\m folder to see if you have 死亡.bin.lz? That's the file that should contain those options. If you don't, please redownload the patch. Also, I don't believe death/retreat quotes on Casual mode have been translated yet; however, if you're playing on Classic and come across untranslated lines, it'd be mighty helpful if you could report 'em. Screenshots or character names would be ideal.

Er, none of the files there are in japanese, and in patch/rom/m there is no bin.lz named Death, though there are 2 files that are gibberish. µ¡+S¦í.bin.lz and µö»µÅ¦S_s»¥F¦+püì.bin.lz

How do you open the .lz files? I've looked online and thought 7zip could but it doesn't, if I could look inside those I might be able to tell you if those are it or not.

Yes I have folder's A and B, and I am absolutely positive I have selected the right folder in both of my attempts. Exporting my old save files (with savefileloader) from the previous patch wouldn't in anyway interrupt the new patch would it?

For anyone interested, I found out the issue I had why I could not boot my NEW 3DS into Gateway Menu without the Flash Card.

You need to have a matching region CN or OOT cart to your 3DS. (Have this myself)

You need to have saved CN or OOT (That have booted into Gateway Menu which creates the game save path on your SDCARD) which had been done via browser on OLD 3DS or via Flash Card on NEW 3DS to exploit the new device.

For some reason my NEW 3DS has an issue with creating the folders/Save File on the SDCARD for CN which caused the QR Code not to activate the launcher.dat file correctly.

Edited by Bakinpacman

Er, none of the files there are in japanese, and in patch/rom/m there is no bin.lz named Death, though there are 2 files that are gibberish. µ¡+S¦í.bin.lz and µö»µÅ¦S_s»¥F¦+püì.bin.lz

How do you open the .lz files? I've looked online and thought 7zip could but it doesn't, if I could look inside those I might be able to tell you if those are it or not.

So the problem is your operating system can't display Japanese character properly. Try this: http://superuser.com/questions/554108/extracting-a-zip-file-with-japanese-filenames

You can open those .bin.lz file with FEAT

So the problem is your operating system can't display Japanese character properly. Try this: http://superuser.com/questions/554108/extracting-a-zip-file-with-japanese-filenames

You can open those .bin.lz file with FEAT

Huh, odd that those came up as a garbled mess, though after downloading that windows hotfix, it fixed itself, I see 死亡.bin.lz now, it was the first grabled text I mentioned.

i'll make another cia file in a bit and see if it works.

and is FEAT the only way to open .lz? Or is .bin.lz a combined file type or something? Been looking around for a couple of weeks actually trying to figure out how to open them, and seeing how easy FEAT opens it makes me wonder if any program can open them.

All right. The patch is supposed to have three files with Japanese names (we forgot to include one in the initial 2.0 release, too), so please re-download it if you want to see the death quotes!

P.S. If you come across any death quotes that start with ???, just know that they're already fixed.

Yes I have folder's A and B, and I am absolutely positive I have selected the right folder in both of my attempts. Exporting my old save files (with savefileloader) from the previous patch wouldn't in anyway interrupt the new patch would it?

Could I ask you to go in-game, get to Chapter 1, and tell me what the title of Chapter 1 is?
Edited by Ranaline