[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity, what is the new update for? Is it worth it?

This update fixes a bug that prevents the use of Amiibos, as well as general fixes that “enhance the playing experience”. As with all Nintendo updates, this update is required to use the game’s Internet functions.

http://serenesforest.net/2015/07/29/fates-1-1-update-smash-update-adds-chrom-costume/#more-29254

Also currently installing the cia again, so i'll tell you cellen in about 10-15 minutes if it works, unless it doesn't finish in 25 minutes then i'll have to tell you after i get off work.

Edited by Xanek

@Cellenseres

Removing banner.bin and remaking the cia did not work, still on the infinite 3ds loading screen. So guess the update borked the cia

Hope you can find a solution :x, or if there is a way to delete the update from the game that would work too while you find a solution to make it work with update 1.1 of the game!

/I'm off to work

Edited by Xanek

@Cellenseres

Removing banner.bin and remaking the cia did not work, still on the infinite 3ds loading screen. So guess the update borked the cia

Hope you can find a solution :x, or if there is a way to delete the update from the game that would work too while you find a solution to make it work with update 1.1 of the game!

/I'm off to work

You can use your CIA manager to delete the patch. Fire Emblem: Fates - Special should have a product code of BFZJ

16jirkw.jpg

Once you've confirmed you have the same product code, or locate yours if it's different. Just navigate to the patches (Should have the same product code) and delete it.

i23wx0.jpg

^ I haven't installed the patch, just a screenshot of the top screen shot show "Category: Patch" where the game is "Category: Application"

-snip-

I actually just went into the system settings and deleted the patch from the DLC area <_<, no need to go through BBM or any other cia installer lol.

System setting > Data Management > Nintendo 3ds > Downloadable Content

But yeah, hopefully this can be fixed in a future translation patch :o, i'd advise anyone who's thinking about updating their game to 1.1 to not do it if you're planning on running the patch until it's been fixed.

Edited by Xanek

I actually just went into the system settings and deleted the patch from the DLC area <_<, no need to go through BBM or any other cia installer lol.

System setting > Data Management > Nintendo 3ds > Downloadable Content

But yeah, hopefully this can be fixed in a future translation patch :o, i'd advise anyone who's thinking about updating their game to 1.1 to not do it if you're planning on running the patch until it's been fixed.

:| Well then..

NTR_CFW 3.0 just released and it allows you to run it in emunand with just Cubic Ninja + (Downloaded CIA's) quite easily without a flash card on N3DS firmware 9.0-9.2.

1. Copy Ninjhax, Pasta CFW, FBI and BigBlueMenu to your SDCARD.
  2. Place SDCARD into N3DS
  3. Launch Cubic Ninja and apply Ninjhax by QR code.
  4. Load into Ninjhax, load Pasta CFW (Hold L to enter menu), Backup NAND and shutdown when completed.
  5. Remove SDCARD and copy Nand to a safe location.
  6. Place SDCARD into N3DS , launch Cubic Ninja, load into Ninjhax, load Pasta CFW.
  7. Launch Cubic Ninja, load into Ninjahax, load FBI and install BigBlueMenu to sysnand.
  8. Shutdown when completed and remove SDCARD.
  9. Create a Cubic Ninja.CIA and copy it with Launcher.dat to your SDCARD.
  10. Place SDCARD into N3DS, launch Cubic Ninja, load Ninjhax, load Pasta CFW, launch BigBlueMenu and install Cubic Ninja.CIA to sysnand.
  11. Launch Cubic Ninja.CIA from within BigBlueMenu and apply Gateway Menu by QR code.
  12. Now inside Gateway Menu, format emunand and shutdown when complete.
  13. Remove SDCARD and repeat steps 1-3 and 6-8.
  14. Copy ReiNAND, NTR 3.0 to SDCARD and place SDCARD into N3DS.
  15. Boot Cubic Ninja, load ReiNAND, launch BigBlueMenu, install NTR 3.0 to emunand.
  16. Boot NTR icon.
  17. You can now decide if you want to update your Emunand to 9.5.0-23 using 3DNUS.

​Some information sourced from thaikhoa.

Edited by Bakinpacman

Okay i thank you all for working so so hard on this translation and im sorry if you have already answered this but i need help(this post will be a little long so get ready) I've been working for 6-7 days on this and im having a problem i don't have cubic ninja or gateway so im trying to use the http://pastebin.com/TuREeQMStutorial but when i get to 3/4 it says failed to load part of the page kicks me to the home menu and says an error has occurred. please save your data in any software currently in use, and restart the system i've downloaded firmware.bin launcher.bin rxtools.dat and slot0x5KeyX and but it on the root of my sd card (ill upload a picture of my sd card if needed) i have an old 3ds system v8.1.0-4u and if it help my 3ds is aqua blue im very new to all this sorry for the long post if you need more information on anything ask me i really want to play fire emblem if thank you and sorry sorry sorry again. My 3ds is north american.

EDIT: i also tried step 6 but got the same an error has occurred. please save your data in any software currently in use, and restart the system again but the right files in thanks for your help and again very very very sorry.

EDIT2.0: also not sure if this is and issue but slot0x5KeyX and firmware.bin are notepad files and firmware.bin has no words in it its just a blank notepad labeled firmware.bin.

EDIT3.0 no longer need help thank you

Edited by ThesilverZero

Is anyone experiencing problems with downloading the .cia as of the new patch? I recently separated my sysnand from the EmuNand and have tried downloading the cia with FBI (The rom comes from the retail cart of the special edition) with the new patch and it stops part way through due to an "I/o Error".

Edit - I have determined the error is with the newly created .cia I tried to install my backup copy of the cia I used previous to the most recent patch and it had no problem installing in FBI. But after creating a cia with the new updated patch it is failing to install.

To be clear, I've selected the same Rom and Xorpads, but have downloaded the new folder (It is the only translation folder I've got so I'm not choosing the wrong one) and selecting the folder inside called "patch". Is this the correct route to take?

Edited by Lucis

Using a 9.5 Rei emunand i updated the CIA using a eshop spoof https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-free-multi-patcher.391945/it runs the download but i am unsure if it applied it. However running the CIA from the home menu will not run anymore.

However launching the CIA through BigBlueMenu works perfectly fine.

The update changes the CIA authentication in some way i guess.

BTW this was using a N3DS on 9.0.0 Sysnand.

Edited by Bakinpacman

Using a 9.5 Rei emunand i updated the CIA using a eshop spoof https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-free-multi-patcher.391945/it runs the download but i am unsure if it applied it. However running the CIA from the home menu will not run anymore.

However launching the CIA through BigBlueMenu works perfectly fine.

The update changes the CIA authentication in some way i guess.

BTW this was using a N3DS on 9.0.0 Sysnand.

How do you run it with bbm? I'll test if I can run it with the game update when I get off work in about 4 hours

When inside BBM after copying the CIA you can switch to the program tab, find the FE:if CTR and press A to launch.

Doesn't work for me, a black screen appears and doesn't disappear, are you sure your game was updated to 1.1?

Edit: Also thanks SciresM, saw your post on a certain iso site and got the spoofed update.

Edited by Xanek

Hrm, I'm still having trouble getting my Xorpads out. I have no idea how to download Decrypt9, and I don't know how to launch 3DS Lazy without the DS profile exploit (is there a specific CFW I need to have for the DS Profile Exploit, or do i just have to use MSET to launch rxTools from it?). 3DS simple cia converter does not produce all the Xorpads, just two of them.

Any help would be much appreciated, this step has been nagging at me for a few days now. Info: FW 8.1, Emu FW 9.9, rxTools, no Cubic Ninja or Gateway Card

EDIT: Did a little more digging and found a somewhat thorough guide on using Decrypt9, finally got my xorpads, hopefully no more problems arise now.

Edited by Seta

I'm kind of confused about the FAQ about saves getting deleted.

I haven't played the game yet so I'm not sure what it means by pages. Could someone explain what exactly gets deleted if an update comes out and I reinstall?

Thank you

I haven't played the game yet so I'm not sure what it means by pages. Could someone explain what exactly gets deleted if an update comes out and I reinstall?

Thank you

Basically if you have the special edition, there are two routes. Your first route is locked to the first page (3 individual save files to a page) and the second/third (if you have the DLC) saves are on the second and third pages respectively. So basically if you get the new update the first page will be deleted, which is why you need savedatafiler. Sorry if I misunderstood the question or I'm not making any sense, I'm half asleep.

Thank you

I installed the update and no saves were lost.

Hello, i'm pretty sure all of you can tell but i'm new here. i just stumbled upon this fan translation and i would like to get it but, i would like to know if any of you could answer a few questions i have about this. i'll put it in numbers so everyone can answer it easier and i don't miss any information along the way. if possible please answer in the same format.

1. I currently am in negotiations with someone who already has custom firmware with rxtools already installed on a nintendo 3ds xl (not the most recent version). his firmware is 4.4.0-10E. if i got this and the special edition of the game can i still get the patch and everything or do i specifically need a 3ds with firmware 9.2.0?

2. From everyone else point of view would it be easier to get a japanese 3ds or an english 3ds for things to go more smoothly?

3. If i do get the special edition of fire emblem if/fates will i have the third story already available or will i have to download that via japan eshop and if so how will i go about doing that without updating my firmware?

4. Is it possible that anyone has a video of a tutorial showcasing how to do this step by step especially with future updates? i don't mind if it has a voice or not so long as it can be very descriptive of the dos and don'ts of each step.

i apologize for the long read and stiff speech but, i want to make sure i have all information at hand before i start investing money into this especially considering i'm only doing this for one game.

Edit: the first question has a little more detail now then before.

Edited by vancejb123