[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Hello I'm getting an error when trying to install the cia on fbi it says,

Install failed!

Could not install app.

Raw Error: 0xd900458a

Module: FS (0x11)

Level: Permanent (0x1b)

Summary: Wrong Argument (0x8)

Description: Unknown Description (0x18a)

Press Start to continue.

Thanks in advance for help.

Edited by ThesilverZero

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just joined to ask a few questions (apologies for bothering you). First of all, is this the same translation team as the one which had aimed to do the patch through a layeredfs plugin thing through NTR? It just seems to be a bit more user-friendly than going through a process which some people (like me who owns an n3ds) may not be able to reliably do (I've tried to get xorpads using an n3ds and it wasn't a fun time for me and even after finding a version of Decrypt9 that works on n3ds, it's not very reliable and sometimes doesn't generate all of the necessary xorpads).

How much did you pay for that? You do know that no Old 3DS has ever shipped with firmware above 9.2.

Any sealed 3DS or 3DS XL is exploitable.

Also people who don't have <9.3, Smealum has been working on patching games in Ninjhax 2.5/RegionFive and posted pictures of ROM hacked Omega Ruby and Majora's Mask 3D. When it comes out, this patch may need to be adapted, but you'd be able to play the translation on 9.3-10.2 so long as you have an actual copy of it. (This game has the new anti piracy so it will not work on Sky3DS)

well i got it for 96 GBP and it was sealed in its box not far from what you would pay for a unused 3ds on ebay in the UK but would have been good to know earlier took my some searching to find it :)

I have been locked up in my room playing fates this weekend :D love Nohr already to C11 Nohr/ C7 Hoshida (playing since yesterday)

Thanks so much for translating this guys, can't wait for the new patch

Edited by flare9

Smea has just released a video showing off romhacks on the latest firmware. This won't allow you to play roms on the latest firmware, but you can use this to do many things with the physical copy of the game you have. So if it works the way we think it does, then the English patch may work for those on the latest firmware. Of course, there's a chance it won't work, but that seems unlikely already since smea has already done some interesting stuff with Pokemon Omega Ruby. X'P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xryrEpVbCrk

Edited by Linkmstr

YO GUYS,

some of you already have seen the new 2.5 *Hax Smea released a few minutes ago, huh?!

This *Hax will probably allow using Romhacks, like our Fire Emblem Fates Fantranslation, up to Firmware 10.2!

Don't forget that you'll need a retail Copy of the game to get the Fantranslation to work!

Right now, I'm still figuring out how to use our Fantranslation with Smea's newest HAX.

Please be patient and wait for our first 10.2-Release!

YO GUYS,

some of you already have seen the new 2.5 *Hax Smea released a few minutes ago, huh?!

This *Hax will probably allow using Romhacks, like our Fire Emblem Fates Fantranslation, up to Firmware 10.2!

Don't forget that you'll need a retail Copy of the game to get the Fantranslation to work!

Right now, I'm still figuring out how to use our Fantranslation with Smea's newest HAX.

Please be patient and wait for our first 10.2-Release!

Im very interested on this if it works i will buy the japanese game

As far as I can tell it just uses a ROMFS file found in the /3ds/hans/ directory, uses the game's titleid as the file name (0012DE00.romfs). I tried to make a romfs from the patch files, but it might not be that easy. I did however make a shortcut that works for launching the game using XML, but it crashes when I try to use the romfs patching. Once someone figures out exactly how to get it working, I can fix the shortcut and share it if that's wanted...

Also hi I've been stalking this place. </3

As far as I can tell it just uses a ROMFS file found in the /3ds/hans/ directory, uses the game's titleid as the file name (0012DE00.romfs). I tried to make a romfs from the patch files, but it might not be that easy. I did however make a shortcut that works for launching the game using XML, but it crashes when I try to use the romfs patching. Once someone figures out exactly how to get it working, I can fix the shortcut and share it if that's wanted...

Also hi I've been stalking this place. </3

will try this later, don't worry about that :)

Honestly, considering how censored this game is probably going to be when it reaches us, I think I may also just get a JAP copy and use smea's new *hax to enjoy the fan translation.

So, I hope we see further development with this patch! Have you guys considered setting up a donation pool so you can hire a fan translator to help out?

Unfortunately getting money involved in this project is a very good way to get Nintendo's attention, and nobody likes C&Ds.

True...

The other problem right now is:

You can't use this way of patching wihtout involving piracy.

To patch the game, you need to replace some files in RomFS.

To replace files in RomFS, you need to decrypt the RomFS.

To Decrypt the RomFS, you need XORpads which you can create through Decrypt9 (which isn't working on 9.3+)

Sharing XORpads is illegal because the Xorpads are copyrighted material.

HANS can only work with the complete RomFS of the Game (we can't just create a RomFS file with only our patchfiles).

Right now, you need to be a pirate to get this stuff to work on 10.2 or you need someone with a 3DS on Firmware 9.2 or lower who can create the Xorpads for you.

This is why I won't support this method AT THE MOMENT (probably Smea is working on a better method?)

UPDATE!!!!!!

A Homebrew called "Braindump" has been released which is able to dump DECRYPTED CONTENT (romfs and exefs) from any Game you have!

This awesome imba-shit works on ANY FIRMWARE up to 10.2!

http://gbatemp.net/threads/braindump-prerelease-dump-game-contents-on-any-system-version.400920/

Edited by Cellenseres

Question: What happens if the localization game comes out, would the ENG Translation Patch work with the Localization with the new exploit.?

Probably, with some minimal fixes. (e.g. the patcher would need to be updated to support the English filenames, unless they keep it in Japanese)

Also, the patch still likely won't get rid of any censorship that NoA does for the character models, etc.

(Of course I'm not exactly sure how our tech stuff all works....take it with a grain of salt or wait for Cellen to reply)

Edited by luyairis

Probably, with some minimal fixes. (e.g. the patcher would need to be updated to support the English filenames, unless they keep it in Japanese)

Also, the patch still likely won't get rid of any censorship that NoA does for the character models, etc.

(Of course I'm not exactly sure how our tech stuff all works....take it with a grain of salt or wait for Cellen to reply)

I'm pretty sure that they kept the text and filenames in English Awakening the same.

Even character IDs and such within the files.

Take a look at my "Weeaboo" version of my English Awakening copy.

QVKAsww.png

tumblr_nw9r80thbX1rmzb08o2_400.png

All they did was what they did with the English versions of FE9 and FE10... put another folder in the "m" folder... "E" for English.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I think the filenames of the localized version are the same as the japanese ones

I'm not sure if our patch will work on the localized version but hey, why should you use the localized Version instead of ours?

Our patch won't be able to avoid another censorships (like edited models, removed features, ...).

If you want to play a translated version WITHOUT ANY CENSORSHIPS (text, models, textures,...), you should using the japanese version of the game.

Not sure if we're able to remove the consorships in the localized version but I will try it :P

True...

The other problem right now is:

You can't use this way of patching wihtout involving piracy.

To patch the game, you need to replace some files in RomFS.

To replace files in RomFS, you need to decrypt the RomFS.

To Decrypt the RomFS, you need XORpads which you can create through Decrypt9 (which isn't working on 9.3+)

Sharing XORpads is illegal because the Xorpads are copyrighted material.

HANS can only work with the complete RomFS of the Game (we can't just create a RomFS file with only our patchfiles).

Right now, you need to be a pirate to get this stuff to work on 10.2 or you need someone with a 3DS on Firmware 9.2 or lower who can create the Xorpads for you.

This is why I won't support this method AT THE MOMENT (probably Smea is working on a better method?)

UPDATE!!!!!!

A Homebrew called "Braindump" has been released which is able to dump DECRYPTED CONTENT (romfs and exefs) from any Game you have!

http://gbatemp.net/threads/braindump-prerelease-dump-game-contents-on-any-system-version.400920/

So is possible that this patch will work with what BrainDump dumps ?

So is possible that this patch will work with what BrainDump dumps ?

I dumped with BrainDump, extracted the files with ctrtool, patched them, recompiled the binaries, deleted the first 0x1000 bytes with HxD, and it sorta works.

It patches mostly right, but there are no sprites for pretty much anything. However the one battle I got through looked perfect, but then froze in another so. Maybe I did something wrong, but I did get it to sortanotrlly work.

Will try to change stuff with hans and see if it works better (I clocked up the CPU so maybe that might be the problem. /shrug)

EDIT: Hey have some screenshots:

070f19593c.pngadf3d63f34.png9a5e57604a.png0cb01dc714.png1ef4ca65c5.png81bb998aa6.pngb32a5c109a.pngca0b3f485b.png

Edited by Xavyrr

UPDATE!!!!!!

I assume this also bypasses region locks? And if so, will we be able to buy the DLC "normally" without an eShop spoofer or anything?

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

I Manage to get it working by

- Use Braindump get the romfs.bin file

- Used RomFS Extractor to break it apart

-Then Manually replace the Lz files

- Used RomFS builder to rebuild it.

- Then you will get a File open it with HxD

- In HxD type ctrl+e then in type in End-offset 0fff, it will give you 1000 length

- once it highlight it press delete and then save it.

- after that rename the file the 8 last digit number of the folder when you braindump it.

- Example 0012dd00.romfs

- create a file in the root of your SD called hans then insert the .romfs file

- load hans and only swich the romfs setting to yes.

And thats it.

Edited by Zerofrost9p

Oh gosh I'm so excited! I've played all 3 versions of the game in JP and can't wait to play it again in English! ^_^

We're working on a new patcher. You can already use this patch with HANS by following this tutorial:

I Manage to get it working by

- Use Braindump get the romfs.bin file

- Used RomFS Extractor to break it apart

-Then Manually replace the Lz files

- Used RomFS builder to rebuild it.

- Then you will get a File open it with HxD

- In HxD type ctrl+e then in type in End-offset 0fff, it will give you 1000 length

- once it highlight it press delete and then save it.

- after that rename the file the 8 last digit number of the folder when you braindump it.

- Example 0012dd00.romfs

- create a file in the root of your SD called hans then insert the .romfs file

- load hans and only swich the romfs setting to yes.

And thats it.

Welp gona go buy the game any of the 2 versions work right ? cuz i want Fire Emblem if: dark night Kingdom

Sure, it will work with all three versions :)