[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Yeah because you need to download IK. It doesn't come preinstalled. So when you go download it, you need jap eshop access.

You can use HANS to get the patch working, which requires homebrew.

Yikes, the youtube version is inop and I happened to have the version that just patched out the Browser option. I may have to sit on my hands until another way to get around it appears for homebrew.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello! Today I bought my own copy of Cubic Ninja to use with my OOTHax to play this translation of Fire Emblem If. But my question is, is there a way to play a .3ds file with HANS or something to use a pirated .3ds rom? If there isn't any way to do it, I will have to buy a JPN import. But I just need to know first before I spend anymore money... I know you guys don't support piracy but thats on me. Please, PLEASE respond!! :sob:

Edited by Anna-FTW

Hello! Today I bought my own copy of Cubic Ninja to use with my OOTHax to play this translation of Fire Emblem If. But my question is, is there a way to play a .3ds file with HANS or something to use a pirated .3ds rom? If there isn't any way to do it, I will have to buy a JPN import. But I just need to know first before I spend anymore money... I know you guys don't support piracy but thats on me. Please, PLEASE respond!! :sob:

Nevermind, I think I got it! Sorry. XP

Hey, so I bought the game, but my only question is how big is everything? I have a 2GB SD Card currently in there but I can switch to 4GB.

Edit: Welp, I got the game to run translated, but it freezes after I choose Classic, where it wont load the character creation screen. Any idea why?

2nd Edit: Okay so looks like creating my character without the patch works. I loaded the patch and loaded the chapter and sure enough it works! One problem... I don't see the little character sprites or the character portraits when they talk. The models in battle are there and they're fine. Just that the sprites don't show... Weird. Still wondering what I did wrong and how to fix it in case more problems arise down the road. I'll keep updating this post when I find weird glitches.

3rd edit: Welp, after the first chapter it froze.

Edited by Bloshi

No you need a retail copy of the game to use HANS.

Pirated games aren't supported.

Just get a original Copy of this game.

Pirated games aren't supported.

Just get a original Copy of this game.

Hello, I did just that and bought one off ebay. But now my new question is, how would I install it with hans? Ive seen other tutorials about it for games like Pokemon, but how would I do it for this? I have the translation files, I just dont know what to do with them.

Is there a way to pack the patch into a romfs file on my own like they do in the Pokemon tutorials so I could follow that one?

Edited by Anna-FTW

Hello, I did just that and bought one off ebay. But now my new question is, how would I install it with hans? Ive seen other tutorials about it for games like Pokemon, but how would I do it for this? I have the translation files, I just dont know what to do with them.

Is there a way to pack the patch into a romfs file on my own like they do in the Pokemon tutorials so I could follow that one?

dump the romfs of the game with "braindump"-Homebrew and use "RomFS Extractor" to extract it.

Replace the FIles in RomFS with our files and rebuild the RomFS with "RomFS Builder".

Rename the new created romfs.bin to "0012DE00.romfs" for special edition, "0012DD00.romfs" for nohr path and "0012DC00.romfs" for Hoshido Path.

Copy this file to SD:/Hans/ and use HANS to load the romfs instead of the original Game RomFS

dump the romfs of the game with "braindump"-Homebrew and use "RomFS Extractor" to extract it.

Replace the FIles in RomFS with our files and rebuild the RomFS with "RomFS Builder".

Rename the new created romfs.bin to "0012DE00.romfs" for special edition, "0012DD00.romfs" for nohr path and "0012DC00.romfs" for Hoshido Path.

Copy this file to SD:/Hans/ and use HANS to load the romfs instead of the original Game RomFS

Thank you so much for the response!! I'll let you know how things go when my IF arrives in the mail! : ]

Okay, I saved your tutorial as a txt for later. But I have a last question:

I don't have a Japanese 3DS and I wanted to know how I could get the Anna DLC to work with HANS/*Hax 2.5 and the patch as well. Is there anyway to do that?

Edited by Anna-FTW

Okay, I saved your tutorial as a txt for later. But I have a last question:

I don't have a Japanese 3DS and I wanted to know how I could get the Anna DLC to work with HANS and the patch as well. Is there anyway to do that?

Currently DLC does not work with HANS at the moment

S'cuse me! I've been following this guide and given a few times, so I think I should inquire, but I can't find RomFS Extractor? I managed to get RomFS Builder, but RomFS Extractor seems to have disappeared from the face of the internet. (Google, at least.)

Unless I've actually got this completely wrong, and RomFS Extractor is actually referring to a TYPE of program, and if so, could anyone recommend to me what to use?

S'cuse me! I've been following this guide and given a few times, so I think I should inquire, but I can't find RomFS Extractor? I managed to get RomFS Builder, but RomFS Extractor seems to have disappeared from the face of the internet. (Google, at least.)

Unless I've actually got this completely wrong, and RomFS Extractor is actually referring to a TYPE of program, and if so, could anyone recommend to me what to use?

RomFS extractor is its own program. I can't remember where I got mine in the video though. I think I got it in a packasge in someone elses video.

You can find RomFS Extractor from the Pack found here https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-decrypt-extract-rebuild-3ds-roms-run-xy-oras-without-update.383055/

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/11/12/nintendo-tells-how-you-can-buy-fire-emblem-fates-in/

Going off topic, since Invisible Kingdom is now know revealed as Revelation, are you going to change the logo for the upcoming patch?

Considering as the title screen still says If, I doubt it. Afaik the only times this patch has changed something from the JP version to the localized one are for things that carry over from Awakening/other games (like weapon names) and Nosferatu -> Faceless (because there's already a weapon Nos and it would be confusing otherwise).

So I still haven't figured out why this romfs won't load the 2D sprites/portraits. I guess I'll try remaking it. This problem is preventing me from advancing the game at all because all it does is freeze.

Update: Yeah. No luck. Am I doing something wrong? I would REALLY like to know. I followed the video's instructions exactly and it just refuses to work properly. Is the dump corrupt? Is it because I used ctrtool? I used RomFS Builder and saved it as a .romfs file. I deleted the first line to FF0 of the hex like the video said. I renamed it to 0012DD00, and it won't work correctly. I am completely stumped on this and can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong. If someone knows what's up, please tell me how to fix it because I just want to play this in English. Whether I ever get it working or not, it's a great project and I hope you guys see it through to the end!

Edited by Bloshi

So I still haven't figured out why this romfs won't load the 2D sprites/portraits. I guess I'll try remaking it. This problem is preventing me from advancing the game at all because all it does is freeze.

Update: Yeah. No luck. Am I doing something wrong? I would REALLY like to know. I followed the video's instructions exactly and it just refuses to work properly. Is the dump corrupt? Is it because I used ctrtool? I used RomFS Builder and saved it as a .romfs file. I deleted the first line to FF0 of the hex like the video said. I renamed it to 0012DD00, and it won't work correctly. I am completely stumped on this and can't for the life of me figure out what is wrong. If someone knows what's up, please tell me how to fix it because I just want to play this in English. Whether I ever get it working or not, it's a great project and I hope you guys see it through to the end!

Did you use Braindump to dump the game first before doing everything else? It's important.

It sounds like the file paths are broken or something (the exact same thing happened when people were first hacking Awakening and tried to rebuild the rom with broken file names due to them being in Japanese). No clue how to fix that, though.

Looks like nintendo will be releasing the game on feb 16th. I wonder if the project will pull through before that date since most of the translators is busy with their own businesses.

Well considering that they're nearly almost done with the main stories i'd say pretty soon. I'm looking forward to the next patch when it comes out. I wonder how they're going to handle the dlc.