[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Cutscene movies? Probably yes, since one of our members is a Nintendo dev and can edit the moflex (?) vids

Confessions? If there's already existing subtitles, yes. If not, probably not.

Skinships? Same as confessions.

Build your own cia or hope someone y'know...

Hmm interesting. If cutscenes are possible then i'm sure others that require subtitles. But yeah skinships have subtitles but the dialogue of whatever character says right after the skinship is finished have none same as the confession scenes. Which is pretty puzzling to me.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2. This patch is mostly for those who don't want censorship, and in some cases, an original story. It's known that the Japanese version is more mature than its Western counterparts. Also, the fan translation sticks true to the story - the Western versions may have an edited/censored story.

Also, the names will be unchanged. The localization messed some of them up pretty badly.

May i ask how long is this game?, I know Awakening has, around, 20 to 30 hours of content + the DLC, which adds pretty much countless hours of gaming depending on the one who plays it, so, is this similar in playtime?, counting Nohr + Hoshido + Ik

May i ask how long is this game?, I know Awakening has, around, 20 to 30 hours of content + the DLC, which adds pretty much countless hours of gaming depending on the one who plays it, so, is this similar in playtime?, counting Nohr + Hoshido + Ik

Each route is as long as Awakening.

Each route is as long as Awakening.

Is the difficulty of the game the same as Awakening? (counting all the modes of Easy, Normal, Hard, Lunatic, Lunatic +), because from what i heard, Nohr is more difficult than Hoshido, and IK is a middle point between.

Is the difficulty of the game the same as Awakening? (counting all the modes of Easy, Normal, Hard, Lunatic, Lunatic +), because from what i heard, Nohr is more difficult than Hoshido, and IK is a middle point between.

Nohr is much more difficult than Hoshido, and yes, IK is in between. If anything, I'd say IK is probably the closest in similarity of difficulty to Awakening.

For Lunatic though (there isn't a Lunatic+), If starts out much easier, but much more balanced - by the end, I'd say it's harder than Awakening.

Nohr is much more difficult than Hoshido, and yes, IK is in between. If anything, I'd say IK is probably the closest in similarity of difficulty to Awakening.

For Lunatic though (there isn't a Lunatic+), If starts out much easier, but much more balanced - by the end, I'd say it's harder than Awakening.

Does the game relies less on luck and more on skill?, I know the FE series relies on luck (like the most common fact), but never on L+ Awakening levels luck, where you needed to pray that enemies won't get abilities like Pavise+ or Counter, so, my question is, you said that is harder than Awakening, but harder in the meaning of "It's less luck reliant, and rather, skill reliant", or it has the same bullshit as Awakening did?.

Does the game relies less on luck and more on skill?, I know the FE series relies on luck (like the most common fact), but never on L+ Awakening levels luck, where you needed to pray that enemies won't get abilities like Pavise+ or Counter, so, my question is, you said that is harder than Awakening, but harder in the meaning of "It's less luck reliant, and rather, skill reliant", or it has the same bullshit as Awakening did?.

Its definitely more skill based cause of the new battle system and varies changes to weapons and classes. As for luck the RNG is pretty horrid in fates from my experience. High hit rates have a good chance of missing and low hit rates, even low crit rates, should be taken into consideration its not even funny. Skill is definitely present in fates, just get ready for a few dumb miss/hits down the road. Edited by DDR4Life

but never on L+ Awakening levels luck, where you needed to pray that enemies won't get abilities like Pavise+ or Counter

You're talking about Awakening's Lunatic+, right? Because if you're playing that and need to rely on certain skills not generating, you're missing the whole point of the mode- because enemies don't spawn the same way twice, you can't use the same plan of attack twice. It punishes unnecessary risk taking (since you can't just do the same thing you did if you die to a low% miss/crit) and means you can never just use exactly the same formations and patterns you used in a previous playthrough, which provides vastly more replayability than anything where the enemies are the same each time- those are puzzle games, not strategy games.

I can understand why Lunatic+ is gone (Awakening did a terrible job explaining how to play it, and as a result the majority of its players got wrecked and are now salty, leading to no demand), but I'll definitely miss it. Lunatic Nohr can be as "hard" as it wants, but if it can't come up with anything more once it's been cracked, it'll quickly become a pointless exercise in repetition.

the RNG is pretty horrid in fates from my experience. High hit rates have a good chance of miss and low hit rates, even low crit rates, should be taken into consideration its not even funny.

After a certain level in the Hoshido path, I can attest to this. Maybe I just have the worst luck in the world but it felt like for my units, a 70% chance to hit might as well be 0%, and every time an enemy has 30%, they're gonna hit.

Maybe it was just that one level though, weirdly, since I haven't had such horrid luck before or since.

Edited by powermad80

Cutscene movies? Probably yes, since one of our members is a Nintendo dev and can edit the moflex (?) vids

Confessions? If there's already existing subtitles, yes. If not, probably not.

Skinships? Same as confessions.

Build your own cia or hope someone y'know...

I haven't been keeping up with it for a while, it is possible to play the dlc through an edited cia rather than messing with emunand regions now?

I haven't been keeping up with it for a while, it is possible to play the dlc through an edited cia rather than messing with emunand regions now?

Yes, you can play the dlc through an edited cia, but you would still have to buy the dlc.

Regarding the translated dlc, we'll release the files, but you'll have to build your own custom cia in order to make it work.

Or, y'know..

I'm really interested in playing the dlc. How would I buy it in the first place? Since I run an o3ds US 10.1. How would I use said edited Cia to actually allow me to play the dlc?

You can't buy dlc because your 3ds isn't Japanese. You can't have an edited cia because your 3ds isn't on firmware 9.2 or less.

After a certain level in the Hoshido path, I can attest to this. Maybe I just have the worst luck in the world but it felt like for my units, a 70% chance to hit might as well be 0%, and every time an enemy has 30%, they're gonna hit.

Maybe it was just that one level though, weirdly, since I haven't had such horrid luck before or since.

Did they remove True Hit or something?

Amazing job keeping up the translation work!!! Thanks so much! Does this game have enemy unit spawn moving (spawning and moving on hte same turn) like in awakening? I found that super annoying and trial and error.

Enemy reinforcements don't move/attack on the same turn they spawn in, no.

Weirdly I don't remember Awakening being like that myself.

Enemy reinforcements don't move/attack on the same turn they spawn in, no.

Weirdly I don't remember Awakening being like that myself.

Yes they actually do. Reinforcements appear and move at the same time on hard, lunatic, and lunatic+

You're probably playing on normal