[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Not sure if it has been reported already.

Suzukaze died in Chapter 5, when rescueing the two sisters. His death message wasn't translated.

chapter_5_suzukaze_death.png

That's chapter 4 and that's his normal death quote from whenever he dies in battle. It's not a special death quote for that chapter since I don't see it in the chapter 4 script and it's most likely not translated yet as we're priortizing the main story chapters first before doing the other stuff.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's chapter 4 and that's his normal death quote from whenever he dies in battle. It's not a special death quote for that chapter since I don't see it in the chapter 4 script and it's most likely not translated yet as we're priortizing the main story chapters first before doing the other stuff.

Odd, my save showed Chapter 5. Oh well, I can understand your focus on specific aspects. I'm working on a translation myself and taking a similar approach. When I get to a certian point I'd like to have a chat with whoever it was on your team that created the patching program. I'd like to do the same for the game I'm translating. ;)

Edited by IcySon55

Someone's working on an encoder right now. When that's released, we'll see about subtitles.

I suppose it's a good thing that we're getting an encoder. The only sad part is that the subtitled videos will look slightly worse than the originals, being re-encoded and all.

I suppose it's a good thing that we're getting an encoder. The only sad part is that the subtitled videos will look slightly worse than the originals, being re-encoded and all.

Not necessarily. Depending on how moflex is compressed, it's still possible to recreate a perfect original.

I've been lurking in this thread for a while, and I've decided to finally make an account to say thank you for working on this. I understand its difficult and you may not receive as many thank yous as you should, but i will say lots of people i know are enjoying this game, and this game has made me a fan of the fire emblem series. Now the only question I'm asking is what major things will be included in the next patch, and when will it be released? Not necessarily a set date, just more of a "before new years" or "some time in the next few weeks". Or if you guys could keep us updated with a google doc, but i understand if thats too much work. Again, i really appreciate all the hard work you guys are putting into this and i wish i could help but sadly i dont know any japanese or anything about how coding works. Thanks, and keep at it! :D :P

I've been lurking in this thread for a while, and I've decided to finally make an account to say thank you for working on this. I understand its difficult and you may not receive as many thank yous as you should, but i will say lots of people i know are enjoying this game, and this game has made me a fan of the fire emblem series. Now the only question I'm asking is what major things will be included in the next patch, and when will it be released? Not necessarily a set date, just more of a "before new years" or "some time in the next few weeks". Or if you guys could keep us updated with a google doc, but i understand if thats too much work. Again, i really appreciate all the hard work you guys are putting into this and i wish i could help but sadly i dont know any japanese or anything about how coding works. Thanks, and keep at it! :D :P

Well, as of now, we have finished translating every chapter in the game (Hoshido, Nohr, IK), and are testing the last of the Hoshido and Nohr chapters. They will all be released in the next patch, which should be within the next week. As for Invisible Kingdom, we're still working on a way to distribute it without piracy. All of the paralogues will also be included in the next patch, and I'm not sure on the status of supports. We may include however many we have, or none at all.

We won't keep updates with a Google Doc, though.

Well, as of now, we have finished translating every chapter in the game (Hoshido, Nohr, IK), and are testing the last of the Hoshido and Nohr chapters. They will all be released in the next patch, which should be within the next week. As for Invisible Kingdom, we're still working on a way to distribute it without piracy. All of the paralogues will also be included in the next patch, and I'm not sure on the status of supports. We may include however many we have, or none at all.

Thank you sooo much for the quick response and working on this diligently, it means a lot that you guys are doing it the right way and not with piracy, also are testing the things before distribution. Good luck with the patch, can't wait!!

you could release what you have for supports and make list of what level their at. a suzukaze and kamui etc

Thank you sooo much for the quick response and working on this diligently, it means a lot that you guys are doing it the right way and not with piracy, also are testing the things before distribution. Good luck with the patch, can't wait!!

No prob.

you could release what you have for supports and make list of what level their at. a suzukaze and kamui etc

Maybe another time, we're more concerned about finishing the actual supports.

Well, as of now, we have finished translating every chapter in the game (Hoshido, Nohr, IK), and are testing the last of the Hoshido and Nohr chapters. They will all be released in the next patch, which should be within the next week.

Best news I've heard all week, I can't wait!

I'm not sure on the status of supports. We may include however many we have, or none at all

Somewhere else in the thread someone said that whichever ones are done will be included, so I assume that remains the case.

Forgive my ignorance, but are all DLC cia's unique to a person's 3DS? As in, the CIA files are not identical? Have you guys considered Xdelta? Even if you have to generate a new CIA from scratch to make the patched DLC xdelta should be able to make a patch small enough to distribute. Well, hopefully. I'm just throwing ideas out in the air. I'm not that deep into 3DS modding atm.

Forgive my ignorance, but are all DLC cia's unique to a person's 3DS? As in, the CIA files are not identical? Have you guys considered Xdelta? Even if you have to generate a new CIA from scratch to make the patched DLC xdelta should be able to make a patch small enough to distribute. Well, hopefully. I'm just throwing ideas out in the air. I'm not that deep into 3DS modding atm.

Unless you have a Japanese 3DS, or region swapped your emunand, you can't actually legally purchase the DLC. That's why this process is so tricky.

Unless you have a Japanese 3DS, or region swapped your emunand, you can't actually legally purchase the DLC. That's why this process is so tricky.

Yeah. You'd have to actually have legally bought the DLC (unless you had the special version), then extract it, decrypt it, do a bunch of fancy stuff, then basically, reencrypt it and rebuild the entire thing.

Ahh I'm excited! I do hope you release whatever supports you have though, better some then none.

i dont like the names for the chsracters and its gonna bug me seeing stupid names in place of good names.

Kamui to.... Corrin. Just why?

Well, I'm sure it would still end up on certain websites anyway... I mean, you guys don't have to post it here. I wonder what the odds of a leak to a certain website would be.

But that's still piracy so I hope you all would know better.

Well, I'm sure it would still end up on certain websites anyway... I mean, you guys don't have to post it here. I wonder what the odds of a leak to a certain website would be.

But that's still piracy so I hope you all would know better.

We've already stated we don't support piracy and will do our part in preventing it.

Also, that's kinda controversial, "You don't have to post it here" vs "I hope you all would know better"...

Odd, my save showed Chapter 5. Oh well, I can understand your focus on specific aspects. I'm working on a translation myself and taking a similar approach. When I get to a certian point I'd like to have a chat with whoever it was on your team that created the patching program. I'd like to do the same for the game I'm translating. ;)

You probably saved over chapter 4 without realizing it.

Anyway, I rechecked again, and it's definitely from chapter 4.

Edited by Linkmstr