[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I got the patched game successfully installed on my capture 3DS finally.

I'm confused about something in the guide though. It says in the FAQ that you can use the DLC.

But... how exactly am I supposed to import that from my JP 3DS and make it work on my other 3DS? I can import any saves from any path just fine, but not the actual DLC (and therefore can't play the third path, for instance)

Also should mention, as it's probably important to some of you: my capture 3DS's is from the US.

Edited by ItzMeeMario

I don't mean to be rude, but why are you guys working on a translation patch when the game is going to be officially released in a month or two anyway? Do you guys not like NoA's translation team? >_>

Nobody does.

For one, we'd like to play the game now instead of waiting. And two, annoying censorship is a given with the NoA localization team. They have a long, long track record of it, we already know that they've localized lots of the character names in the game to much dumber ones that make less sense. For example, somehow "Marks" became "Xander."

Edited by powermad80

[Release & Support] Fire Emblem If - English Translation - Chapter + Menu Patch [v3.0] RELEASED!

Our new Patch contains:

- All Chapters (Hoshido & Nohr)

- All Menus

- All Items

- All Descriptions

- A lot of translated Supports

Have fun playing it!

Edited by Cellenseres

Wow amazing work. I really want to play the translated version but my Jap N3DS is 9.8 and US N3DSXL is 9.9. What luck. Even if getting the requirement of 9.2 Firmware. I guess there is no way of downgrading to get to 9.2... I might have to take a trip to gamestop and look at there used 3DS firmwares.

You can already download the translated IK-Chapters but there's no patcher to patch the DLC itself yet.

If you're able to decrypt and patch the DLC, you're free to do it :)

Decrypt and patch DLC? What does that mean?

Wow amazing work. I really want to play the translated version but my Jap N3DS is 9.8 and US N3DSXL is 9.9. What luck. Even if getting the requirement of 9.2 Firmware. I guess there is no way of downgrading to get to 9.2... I might have to take a trip to gamestop and look at there used 3DS firmwares.

You could just use smealum's homebrew and HANS to patch the game into English. That's what I'm doing, and it works for 9.8/9.9.

It's not that easy :P

Some people are able to decrypt the content of CIAs by using Decrypt9 (Homebrew) to work with this stuff on PC.

The difficult part is rebuild the DLC.

Ah, I see. I was just asking for clarification, I didn't think it was something I could do. Heheh.

EDIT: I updated my patch to the newest one, but nothing seems to be different. All the supports I've tried (and believe me, I had a lot on backlog) were still in Japanese, and no descriptions (which I assume means, like, chapter descriptions and stuff) are too. Did I just do something wrong?

Edited by amircury

The translation looks great! I was wondering if there is any way yet to use this translation with a current FW version? I have 10.3 atm and have been playing a retail Japanese version of If though browserhax, but would love to get this translation up and running :)

The translation looks great! I was wondering if there is any way yet to use this translation with a current FW version? I have 10.3 atm and have been playing a retail Japanese version of If though browserhax, but would love to get this translation up and running :)

Use this tutorial:

and you can get the patch running with browserhax (and HANS) on 10.3.

Ah, I see. I was just asking for clarification, I didn't think it was something I could do. Heheh.

EDIT: I updated my patch to the newest one, but nothing seems to be different. All the supports I've tried (and believe me, I had a lot on backlog) were still in Japanese, and no descriptions (which I assume means, like, chapter descriptions and stuff) are too. Did I just do something wrong?

Maybe we're just unlucky, most of mine are untranslated but a few here and there work. Suzukaze and Sakura level C is translated. Same for Tsubaki & Sakura and Joker & Hinoka,

Nobody does.

For one, we'd like to play the game now instead of waiting. And two, annoying censorship is a given with the NoA localization team. They have a long, long track record of it, we already know that they've localized lots of the character names in the game to much dumber ones that make less sense. For example, somehow "Marks" became "Xander."

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Ya4TeIXMG8A/VocIAtIO6HI/AAAAAAAACeU/FpePQ9XKWJg/s0/39ou.jpg

On topic thanks so much for all the hard work guys! Will be fun to play!