[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, this is a part of the special edition game not the dlc. play chap 10 and u will see it is japanese

Okay I see the issue it's that Gateway doesn't let you install modified CIAs but couldn't you get around that by installing it on another custom firmware extracting it's nand and then injecting it into the gateway custom firmware.

Okay I see the issue it's that Gateway doesn't let you install modified CIAs but couldn't you get around that by installing it on another custom firmware extracting it's nand and then injecting it into the gateway custom firmware.

All CFW just use Gateway's emunand, so couldn't you just launch a CFW through your normal Gateway emunand, install it with FBI/DevMenu/etc. and then launch gateway?

All CFW just use Gateway's emunand, so couldn't you just launch a CFW through your normal Gateway emunand, install it with FBI/DevMenu/etc. and then launch gateway?

It'll give you a "Corrupted Data" error when you try to play it in Gateway Mode.

So what's been added in v3.0 compared to v2.2? The game's almost out next month, I'd think the translation would be done by now. Not that I'm impatiend for this, just surprised. As I understand, this project has no changelog.

[Release & Support] Fire Emblem If - English Translation - Chapter + Menu Patch [v3.0] RELEASED!

Our new Patch contains:

- All Chapters (Hoshido & Nohr)

- All Menus

- All Items

- All Descriptions

- A lot of translated Supports

Have fun playing it!

Well I tried every method I've been told on how to get this bloody Translated IK to work without success. ... Tore apart the guts of my N3DS and have Rxtools installed instead of Gateway, Installed the 1.1 patch and 3.0 DLC thru FBI - Rxmode with no errors, and everything past Chapter 6 IK is still not in English... Someone said NTR was required along with language packs in certain folders that match the title ID .... results = screen flashes during Fates rom boot showing NTR is working but language still doesn't work.

It doesn't help the Title ID for special edition IF = DE and all the DLC I see floating around claiming it will make it work has an ID of DC which isnt the SP at all...

If someone claims they have this running and translated could you please provide a guide? My majoras mask 3ds is about to go flying out the window =\

So 3.0 is the final patch ?

No, there will be more updates to finish the supports and revise IK (there are lots of line break errors, for example).

And I really do second that there should be an extensive disclaimer in the OP that IK does not work normally is not supported.

IK doesn't work with Gateway unless you know the method to.

You use the translated files for IK to rebuild IK itself.

so, for getting IK to work for GW what exactly do you need to do? add a cfw or the ntrcfw?

um, so to patch the english IK files to the IK DLC, do you add them with the main game in the patcher folder or use a different patcher to patch the dlc with the tranlasted files?

also will the DLC for the games separate from the SP ed work for SP edition?

since their Game ID codes are different from the SP ed?

SP ed: xx12de.3ds/cia

Noir: xx12dd.3ds/cia

hoshido: xx12dcc.3ds/cia

Edited by IkeBoyDude

Hello guys~

Been having trouble getting the DLCs to work properly, and spent hours reading posts and such to no avail. Im on O3DS FW 9.2. I Installed FE Fates and Patched it Myself with no Problem, plays fine. However, after following the tutorial for NTR CFW, I Installed the DLC Invisible Kingdom AND the 1.1 Update.

The Upper screen flashes Green Upon Loading the game, Indicating its TRYING to load the DLCs, but then I get the Infinite Black Loading Screen. Anyone got any ideas?

i Normally use RXtools CFW< then Load NTR CFW Within it, dunno if that matters or not.

The OP doesn't make this clear at all, but the DLC isn't supported. That link doesn't give you a patch, it gives you the raw files- you'd have to build a custom .cia to use them, and that's not something the average user can do.

Posted · Hidden by Florete, January 7, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, January 7, 2016 - No reason given

The OP doesn't make this clear at all, but the DLC isn't supported. That link doesn't give you a patch, it gives you the raw files- you'd have to build a custom .cia to use them, and that's not something the average user can do.

so, for getting IK to work for GW what exactly do you need to do? add a cfw or the ntrcfw?

um, so to patch the english IK files to the IK DLC, do you add them with the main game in the patcher folder or use a different patcher to patch the dlc with the tranlasted files?

To put it in simple terms:

1.) You must find (or dump) a .cia of the IK DLC.

2.) You must decrypt the DLC using the proper tools/methods.

3.) Once it is decrypted, you'll get a few files which then must be disassembled using different tools/methods than the above (AKA more work).

4.) One you have it down to the raw files, you can replace them with the translated files.

5.) You then must go through the steps backwards to reassemble the files, re-encrypt the files, and then install the .cia file using the CFW + cia installer of your choice.

6.) Once it is installed, you must boot NTR CFW on top of your current CFW, along with having the NTR language plugin.

7.) If everything is fully and properly configured, you'll be able to see that IK is installed when you boot up the game (there won't be a "buy another path" option).

8.) You'll have to double check that the IK path is translated (assuming you did all the above correctly) by playing the IK path.

Yes, I am well aware that the above doesn't sound simple at all. The fact is that is it a giant pain in the posterior to set all of this nonsense up.

NOW, as for getting this to work on Gateway, it currently is impossible (or we haven't found a way yet). The reason being here is that the way the translation team set all this up is arguably one of the worst ways to go about it (just a basic file swap). Doing it this way breaks the signature on the cia file, which in turn makes Gateway not want to install it. If you want to not break the signature, you (or the translation team) would need to actually create "homebrew" by decompiling both the base game and the IK DLC and rebuilding it as its own unique game that doesn't have the original signature/ID/header as the untouched version. In other words, they (the translation team) would need someone who has the brains to know how to build their own 3DS "homebrew" out of the base game and IK, along with uploading it somewhere for people to access it (NOT a patcher, the full game+DLC).

NOW, as for getting this to work on Gateway, it currently is impossible (or we haven't found a way yet). The reason being here is that the way the translation team set all this up is arguably one of the worst ways to go about it (just a basic file swap). Doing it this way breaks the signature on the cia file, which in turn makes Gateway not want to install it.

Could it not also be argued that the idiotic part is Gateway refusing to install unsigned CIAs?

Come to think of it, is there even a reason to still use Gateway? They couldn't even get 9.3-10.3 supported before downgrading was up and functional for CFW. It seems Gateway's devs may not be the trailblazers they once were back in the days of the 7.x encryption woes.

Could it not also be argued that the idiotic part is Gateway refusing to install unsigned CIAs?

Come to think of it, is there even a reason to still use Gateway? They couldn't even get 9.3-10.3 supported before downgrading was up and functional for CFW. It seems Gateway's devs may not be the trailblazers they once were back in the days of the 7.x encryption woes.

The only reason to choose GateWay over CFW is not having to spend a ton of time installing large .cia files, I think.

Hi guys. First of all, congratulations and thank you for all the work you have done, you can't imagine how much I was happy when I first saw the title screen in English.

Now I have some questions, can we get the online content (free or paid) in some way or others or is it simply impossible ?

Also how far is the last part translation ?

Thanks !

Unsigned CIA's can technically cause a brick due to installing faulty code/programs to the system. Gateway keeps this check because the base 3DS has it in place. CFW's remove it though, which is why they can install it.

Their alleged claim is that they can make Gateway run on a 10.3 3DS without any sort of downgrading, thus eliminating any possibility of a brick.

As for why I would even use a Gateway, I've owned one since way back in the 4.5 firmware days (I actually bought my 3DS on launch and simply waited for a backup loader to appear). I also use it because I have over 100Gb in backups in .3ds format that I've collected over the years. Going through all over them to convert them to cia format would be a nightmare, not to mention having to install them all one by one. The other thing I do appreciate about Gateway is that games that receive constant updates (such as the fan translation of Monster Hunter X) means I can simply drag and drop the game, as opposed to putting it on the SD, uninstalling the old version, installing the new version, and then deleting the cia from the SD card. .3ds format, in my opinion, is considerably easier to handle than .cia format. There's also the matter that Gateway can automatically play DLC from out of region, meaning there's no need to use things like HANS or NTR.

Anyway, I doubt the translation team is going to be putting in the effort to fully make the IK patch work with Gateway, so I'll just dualboot and use a CFW like rxTools to play it.

Edited by Bobhorton

Oh boy. Getting this up and running will be interesting. Especially since I haven't so much got my feet wet in regards to 3DS ROM manipulation.

As a more general question, this translation patch requires a JP cart of FE15 solely for ripping the ROM? The ROM is then redumped through the SD card yeah? I read the how-to, but I wasn't 100% just after reading it.