[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

If it's true that they removed that, odds are they did it the lazy way and just removed the option from a menu somewhere, leaving all the assets behind (games are full of unused content as-is, and if you were a dev you wouldn't want to risk breaking something else by removing stuff you didn't need to).

http://kotaku.com/the-english-version-of-fire-emblem-fates-wont-have-the-1755121353

It has been confirmed that they removed it just like everyone predicted. I doubt a uncen patch will come to Western release because it will release a lot of works, along with rewriting the scripts for one of companions' conversation about protag drugging her. I hope I'm wrong but no one knows until the game releases anyways. I am just waiting for new patch with all support conversations to translate now.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How have the patch-makers considered the possibility of Nintendo issuing a cease-and-desist to this project? What do they plan to do should that occur?

if that happens, we normally have to stop to work on this project.

Fortunately we've finished all Chapter-Translations so normally we only have to work on the Supports now.

If we really have to stop to work on this project because of a C&D by Nintendo, they can't stop people playing our patch.

Why? Because the files are already online and everyone has access to them :P

(sorry if my english sucks today... tired as fu**)

if that happens, we normally have to stop to work on this project.

Fortunately we've finished all Chapter-Translations so normally we only have to work on the Supports now.

If we really have to stop to work on this project because of a C&D by Nintendo, they can't stop people playing our patch.

Why? Because the files are already online and everyone has access to them :P

(sorry if my english sucks today... tired as fu**)

I am pretty sure once you uploaded new patch it will live on forever on *beep* disregarding whether Nintendo is pissed off or not. I (and many others) hope you guys will finish with 100% before that case might happen.

Long time no see! I'm just checking up on the progress on how many supports and other things are done so far.

Yes, I realize the game comes out not too long from now, but I still want to play the uncensored Japanese version as well as the localized.

Edited by Anna-FTW

When I generate the xorpads I only get 2 files with the names of: 000400000012DE00.Main.exefs_norm.xorpad 000400000012DE00.Main.exheader.xorpad

Still need help. Is it normal to only be getting 2 xorpad files?

Expect the flood of people notice and get this patch once they got 90-100% news.

Okay. Following the current news, the patches will be as follows:

- If the devs really just removed the option, then we'll try our best to make a patch that brings the option back.

- Aside from the originally planned patches (ours and a name reversal for the USA), we'll release another patch for the Japanese edition that has the name-reversal patch. Meaning, the North American files with the Japanese names, for the NA edition. In essence, it would be basically playing the North American edition on the Japanese cart.)

One way or another, we will find a way to restore Amie into Fire Emblem If/Fates.

Will dlc be getting translated? Like the Invisible History dlc and the Anna dlc?

If you had literally looked back one page, we've already stated.... Invisible Kingdom is already done, and the DLC is nearly done.

PLS HELP

Also a page back or so, it's stated that the patch works on any edition of the game. If you REALLY wanted to import a (used) edition, I could try finding another one here in Tokyo. The last one I found was bought the day I meant to go buy it for someone else...

One way or another, we will find a way to restore Amie into Fire Emblem If/Fates.

One easy way to do it is to simply decrypt the US ROM of the special edition and to build a ROM using the JP assets with the extracted US script (basically, kind of like how you currently build a JP ROM with a modified script). It's a pretty darn simple method, but it would require names and messed up lines (memes, changed supports, etc) to be corrected, along with translating any cut content (Amie, etc).

Anyway, I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing the supports translated, along with any general typo/translation fixes (especially for IK).

Edited by Bobhorton

Also a page back or so, it's stated that the patch works on any edition of the game. If you REALLY wanted to import a (used) edition, I could try finding another one here in Tokyo. The last one I found was bought the day I meant to go buy it for someone else...

Thanks for your answer. I can get a brand new version of Nohr or Hoshido for like 30 bucks while the SE is going for quadruple.

One easy way to do it is to simply decrypt the US ROM of the special edition and to build a ROM using the JP assets with the extracted US script (basically, kind of like how you currently build a JP ROM with a modified script). It's a pretty darn simple method, but it would require names and messed up lines (memes, changed supports, etc) to be corrected, along with translating any cut content (Amie, etc).

Anyway, I'm eagerly looking forward to seeing the supports translated, along with any general typo/translation fixes (especially for IK).

Yes, it's very easy and whatnot, but it's straight up piracy to distribute a rom. Most likely, we'll release a patcher that'll modify a rom that you provide to it, which will restore Amie, as well as revert the names.

Thanks for your answer. I can get a brand new version of Nohr or Hoshido for like 30 bucks while the SE is going for quadruple.

You can find SE editions in Japan for around $80, actually. I saw one in Ikebukuro a week ago.

It looks like I might have to import after all.

I haven't ever done 3DS homebrew so I'm sort of anxious about this.

With an NA 3DS in firmware 10.28, what can I do to get this to work? Which type of hax should I be using with that version of 3DS, or should I try to downgrade for 9.2 and use rxTools?

I think I understand the process of dumping and patching the game, but I'm not too sure which homebrew solution to actually use and how to get it to work, it seems like a lot don't work with 10.28 or require Cubic Ninja or Iron Fall.

So does the CIA you end up with run off the SD card after you install it, and then you don't need to have cartridge in to play it?

Even if I get Nohr and Hoshido working from the catridges, what about Invisible Kingdom then?

Sorry if this is a lot, I read through all the instructions and other sites and theres so much I am uncertain of.

Any vague ideas on what the next patch will contain and when it'll release(eg before the US release of the game maybe?) Debating whether I want to wait to wait another patch before I play another route.

All IK fixes, and more supports.

It looks like I might have to import after all.

I haven't ever done 3DS homebrew so I'm sort of anxious about this.

With an NA 3DS in firmware 10.28, what can I do to get this to work? Which type of hax should I be using with that version of 3DS, or should I try to downgrade for 9.2 and use rxTools?

I think I understand the process of dumping and patching the game, but I'm not too sure which homebrew solution to actually use and how to get it to work, it seems like a lot don't work with 10.28 or require Cubic Ninja or Iron Fall.

So does the CIA you end up with run off the SD card after you install it, and then you don't need to have cartridge in to play it?

Even if I get Nohr and Hoshido working from the catridges, what about Invisible Kingdom then?

Sorry if this is a lot, I read through all the instructions and other sites and theres so much I am uncertain of.

In firmware 10.28, you can use homebrew HANS to patch the rom (temporarily). Any *hax should work as long as you have HANS available (why would it not be).

HANS doesn't support DLC patching though (that requires a modified .cia), so if you want to play Invisible Kingdom or any of the DLC, you'll need to downgrade to 9.2, then use a cfw, or gateway, install something like BBB or FBI, and install a modified .cia from that point.

The .cia is installed on the memory card on your 3DS. You can delete the .cia afterwards (iirc), you won't need the cartridge. Invisible Kingdom and all the DLC will of course work (it's contained within the .cia), but like I mentioned, playing the translated files is a different story.

The .cia is installed on the memory card on your 3DS. You can delete the .cia afterwards (iirc), you won't need the cartridge. Invisible Kingdom and all the DLC will of course work (it's contained within the .cia), but like I mentioned, playing the translated files is a different story.

This is if you downgrade and use a CFW by the way, you need to keep the cart and use it every time if you're using Hans on 10.2. Just in case it wasn't clear.

Posted · Hidden by Balcerzak, January 27, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by Balcerzak, January 27, 2016 - No reason given

This is if you downgrade and use a CFW by the way, you need to keep the cart and use it every time if you're using Hans on 10.2. Just in case it wasn't clear.

What if I have a ReiNAND 10.3 ready to go? Will I have issues with patching and the DLC? I haven't yet since I'm better off waiting until you guys translate everything.

CFW like Rei and rxTools have zero issues with the DLC and patches. The most you'll need is to also use something like NTR region-free to enable your 3DS to detect the DLC. Other than that, everything will run perfectly.